Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OT - Car Buying Advice.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:42 am

I know we have more important things going on today but anyone got any tips on buying second hand cars?

Sadly you lot are my only friends so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking to change two cars and firstly wanted to know if that's a stronger position when part exchanging or will a dealer see it as just a further headache.

Any other help bring it on.

Re: OT - Car Buying Advice.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:46 am

Wayne S wrote:I know we have more important things going on today but anyone got any tips on buying second hand cars?

Sadly you lot are my only friends so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking to change two cars and firstly wanted to know if that's a stronger position when part exchanging or will a dealer see it as just a further headache.

Any other help bring it on.

Best advice is to take the bus or train; cars are so expensive to run these days :lol: Seriously, you get better value if you sell your car privately first then buy with cash.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:47 am

I have used Motorpoint at Newport for my last three purchases they have been excellent and I can’t seem to beat them on price and service.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:18 am

I pxd my last car at Nathanial motors Bridgend. Offered 12% more than all the other traders I tried. Saved over a grand.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:57 am

corner park garages llanishan ask to speak to chris he can sort you out with anything

Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:00 pm

Cheers guys.

Would love to public transport it to work, actually would love to walk to work or better still work at home :lol:

Takes me 45mins by car to work or 2hrs by buses and trains.