Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' PREESURE ON NEW STRIKER BOBBY REID '

Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:49 am

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock puts pressure on former Bristol City star Bobby Reid to succeed in Premier League

Bristol Live

Saturday 11th August 2018

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock has put pressure on summer signing Bobby Reid to succeed in the Premier League.

Reid left Bristol City in June for their newly-promoted Severnside Rivals, explaining that the lure of the Premier League was just too much to turn down.

Now his new boss Warnock has issued a tongue-in-cheek challenge to the former Robin , claiming he has never had a good track record with signings.

Wales Online report that Warnock made the claim when talking about previously being sacked by QPR and Crystal Palace and whether he will survive the season in the Welsh capital.

He said: "I don’t really know which way they’ll go if I didn’t make the end of the season if I’m honest.

"But that’s not my situation. All I can do is be straightforward with Vincent and Mehmet.

"Mehmet Dalman has been unbelievable, I couldn’t have done anything without him. Ken Choo has been helping me as well the last few weeks.

"They know I’ve not thrown money at it, I’ve been sensible in everything I’ve done.

"But now the challenge is to go that step beyond that.

"It’s not like when I was at QPR, when we were promoted in April and not able to sign anyone until three days before the end of August.

"There were other circumstances at Sheffield United, which we won’t go into.

"The only thing I’ve missed out on is having about £100 million to spend or something like that but what would I do with £100 million?

"I’ve never had a good track record with signings.

"I said to Bobby Reid ‘I could do with you coming off, son’.

"I’m sure we can entertain and give you something to write about."