Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY “ NO ZOHORE &

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:01 pm

Kenneth Zohore’s absence is due to a knock suffered in training during the week.

STARTING 11

Neil Etheridge
Lee Peltier
Sean Morrison
Bruno Manga
Joe Bennett
Sol Bamba
Joe Ralls
Callum Paterson
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
Junior Hoilett
Bobby Reid

SUBSTITUTES

Alex Smithies
Jazz Richards
Greg Cunningham
Victor Camarasa
Josh Murphy
Gary Madine
Danny Ward

Re: “ CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY “

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:02 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:02 pm

Bournemouth team
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:03 pm

Zohore injured? Not on the bench or not match fit

Zohore injured?

I’m positive as you well know but we ain’t winning today.

2 nil or 3-1.

Hope I’m wrong.

Same as Betis but swapping Murphy (who was up there as our best player) for NML.

Defensive line up. Stand by my 0 - 0.

Re: “ CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY “ NO ZOHORE &

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:05 pm

I'm fearful at how quick Bournemouth move the ball and how slow our midfield is hope I'm wrong but anyways...... C'MON CITY!!!!

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:05 pm

Hope we do line up like that and not 3 at the back as I inially thought.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:06 pm

Looks like Warnock is sticking with the boys who took us up.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:07 pm

Thought Murphy would be in. Been outstandingly good in pre season probably our best player in them

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:07 pm

I'm baffled :roll:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:08 pm

Really surprised Murphy ain’t starting

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:09 pm

Surprised Murphy doesn't start but in NW we trust :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:10 pm

Hope it’s 4-2-3-1 with Bamba in midfield as Peeltier can’t play as a wingback in a back 5.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:13 pm

In Neil we trust but... Murphy was head and shoulders our best attacking player against Real and on fire in the friendlies. Must be rewarding last year’s players? Presumably Zohore injured to be behind Ward and Madine.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:14 pm

Didn’t expect that team. Murphy MOM last week & scores a stunner is left on the bench, Sol midfield & no Zohore! A strange selection to say the least. Just hope it works! :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:17 pm

I think it'll be set up more as a back 5 without wingbacks. Bamba stepping forward when needed. Direct diagonal balls behind the defence relying on the 3 guys' pace and they will also keep interchanging to keep defence guessing. This was effective Vs Betis and countered well.

Only issue is Paterson will look lost and nobody will know where he's playing! Although, that could be an advantage.

Good luck lads.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Strange team but it's all part of Neil's plan and I trust him :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:20 pm

Bit worried about Reid up top on his own. If we're under pressure and need an outlet not sure he can hold the ball up.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:30 pm

Ok everyone. Now look, that's the team so stop whinging - it's not even started yet :laughing6: It's a very good starting line up for the mighty Bluebirds and bench. BRING IT ON :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird: :thumbup:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:33 pm

Bananas wrote:Ok everyone. Now look, that's the team so stop whinging - it's not even started yet :laughing6: It's a very good starting line up for the mighty Bluebirds and bench. BRING IT ON :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird: :thumbup:

neil has shown faith in the team who got him here. fair play to him that is ballsy :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:34 pm

Thinking this will get the best out of lang knowing murphy's waiting in the wings, bring murphy on later when bournmouth start flagging and with murphy's speed could make a difference

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:43 pm

montyblue wrote:Thinking this will get the best out of lang knowing murphy's waiting in the wings, bring murphy on later when bournmouth start flagging and with murphy's speed could make a difference

Sense at last! Most people panicking already.
No Zohore!!? :o he’s obviously injured.
The only question at this time is - will it be 3 at the back or Bamba in a defensive midfield position. Well soon find out.

:bluescarf:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Fraser 1-0 :cry:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:56 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
montyblue wrote:Thinking this will get the best out of lang knowing murphy's waiting in the wings, bring murphy on later when bournmouth start flagging and with murphy's speed could make a difference

Sense at last! Most people panicking already.
No Zohore!!? :o he’s obviously injured.
The only question at this time is - will it be 3 at the back or Bamba in a defensive midfield position. Well soon find out.

:bluescarf:

NML having a good game.
Bamba in midfield terrible choice