Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Blue Seats

Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:30 am

T1JMO wrote:I think the tour guide was telling porkies... think it was quoted £200k-£300k just to change the seats back to blue that why they were leaving them red....

Hi mate. This figure is just not accurate. 200k-300k would mean £33 - £50 per seat. As mentioned its the plastic that needs replacing and not the metal framing so costing is significantly lower. As for timescale, I helped dismantle
all the seats at ninian park and for eg it took 3 of us two days to completely diamantle all seats in the canton stand, frame and all. Installing new plastics would take longer than people think but with a team of 10 would make it easy work in a week and with plenty of breaks.

Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:53 am

Let's be getting things right on the pitch first.

Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:55 am

No reason why we can't do both.

Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:16 am

Buchanan's Exocet wrote:No reason why we can't do both.

I completely agree. But at the moment things on the pitch probably should take precedence. Would be nice to see it all blue and white.

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:17 pm

harold pinta wrote:You’re all completely missing the point. The tour guide obviously meant they will be blue by the next game because they’ll be full of City fans.

This is probably accurate :thumbright:

Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:10 pm

dogfound wrote:i think if there was a vote red or blue or not that bothered with us fans having the choice blue would win by a big margin.

tell people the cost. a pint on the concorse will be 30p more, a pie 20p more, a new home shirt 5 quid more etc.. {because it us that will one way or another be paying } and i think.. not that bothered ..would win by an equally big margin..

i await the Tan is a billionaire posts.

Tan's a billionaire!! He should make everything blue. Even the grass.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:37 pm

I know for a fact stewards were asked to work a few days all day this week for tasks inside the main bowl. Manual work. Interesting

Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:54 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
dogfound wrote:i think if there was a vote red or blue or not that bothered with us fans having the choice blue would win by a big margin.

tell people the cost. a pint on the concorse will be 30p more, a pie 20p more, a new home shirt 5 quid more etc.. {because it us that will one way or another be paying } and i think.. not that bothered ..would win by an equally big margin..

i await the Tan is a billionaire posts.

Tan's a billionaire!! He should make everything blue. Even the grass.

Southampton have red grass.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:46 am

Thing is with the ground full and that stand full who knows they are red , with all those blue bums on them

Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:43 pm

I took a Cardiff City Stadium tour last month and I still saw lots of red seats! There are also a few yellow seats which the guide told me were in honour of Riverside AFC who wore yellow before forming Cardiff FC. It was the best stadium tour I've ever taken and included places other teams don't show you such as the managers office, boardroom and kitroom. See pictures from my experience here https://onlybyland.com/cardiff-city-stadium/ They are hard to organise but worth it!

Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:04 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:The part about Sunderland buying the seats I totally made up by the way

Not like you to make something up...! :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

The date, of course, is noted ;)

Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:13 pm

Sven wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:The part about Sunderland buying the seats I totally made up by the way

Not like you to make something up...! :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

The date, of course, is noted ;)

What have I ever made up you?

Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:57 pm

I like the red seats now being a Welsh club and all.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:10 am

2blue2handle wrote:I like the red seats now being a Welsh club and all.

they are just seats.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:59 am

I'd quite like to see them replaced. They are only seats.. But it's a reminder for me of that horrible rebrand, and the divide between fans.

Also other clubs take the piss.

Change 'em