Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Blue Seats

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:18 pm

My grandson had a stadium tour yesterday and was told that the Red seats were being changed to Blue. He asked when and was told by the tour guide by the next time you come back. The next time he will be back is for the Newcastle game. Just have to wait and see.

Re: Blue Seats

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:35 pm

Bluesman wrote:My grandson had a stadium tour yesterday and was told that the Red seats were being changed to Blue. He asked when and was told by the tour guide by the next time you come back. The next time he will be back is for the Newcastle game. Just have to wait and see.

Hope you are telling the truth or your grandson for that matter. I would be one happy chappy. I will be watching this thread with eyes wide open :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:54 pm

Dahboy wrote:
Bluesman wrote:My grandson had a stadium tour yesterday and was told that the Red seats were being changed to Blue. He asked when and was told by the tour guide by the next time you come back. The next time he will be back is for the Newcastle game. Just have to wait and see.

Hope you are telling the truth or your grandson for that matter. I would be one happy chappy. I will be watching this thread with eyes wide open :ayatollah:

You won’t see them whether they’re red or blue this season as the stadium will be full most home games.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:20 pm

That would be brilliant news!
Look forward to it.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:29 pm

Old seats sold to Sunderland I hear

Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:51 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Old seats sold to Sunderland I hear

:ayatollah:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:49 pm

Hmmm, not that I'm calling you a liar but surely they can't remove 6,000 seats and replace them all in the space of a week? Maybe during the international break they could do it cause we've got 3 weeks between home games.

Anyway I suppose we'll find out on Saturday :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:17 pm

TommyP wrote:Hmmm, not that I'm calling you a liar but surely they can't remove 6,000 seats and replace them all in the space of a week? Maybe during the international break they could do it cause we've got 3 weeks between home games.

Easy do it in a week.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:00 pm

Dahboy wrote:
TommyP wrote:Hmmm, not that I'm calling you a liar but surely they can't remove 6,000 seats and replace them all in the space of a week? Maybe during the international break they could do it cause we've got 3 weeks between home games.

Easy do it in a week.

You really think so? I've never built a stadium personally so can't say I'm experienced in the subject but I think it would be very time consuming work

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:30 pm

TommyP wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Easy do it in a week.

You really think so? I've never built a stadium personally so can't say I'm experienced in the subject but I think it would be very time consuming work

Depends on how many people are doing it if you hire 6000 probably take about half hour.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:57 pm

I can’t see it within a week, it would love to be proved wrong. If they were going to do this surely it would have been done during the summer, not squeezing it in and rushing during the final week before our first home match. Hope I’m wrong though would look amazing in all blue!

Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:30 pm

The part about Sunderland buying the seats I totally made up by the way

Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:59 pm

If this is true the seat frames remain and with the correct tooling the seat backs and seat can be removed in seconds and new BLUE clipped into place. So no problem with the correct team replacing all 6000 well before next saturday

Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:04 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
TommyP wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Easy do it in a week.

Depends on how many people are doing it if you hire 6000 probably take about half hour.

:lol:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:05 pm

GLASCOEDBLUE wrote:If this is true the seat frames remain and with the correct tooling the seat backs and seat can be removed in seconds and new BLUE clipped into place. So no problem with the correct team replacing all 6000 well before next saturday

This^^

Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:40 am

Listen if we couldn’t pony up the cash to sign a RB, a DM and Striker - you really think Tan et al are going to waste money on bloody blue seats!? Sit you bums down or stand, either way but a ticket and fill the house - nobody will see or care! Trivial crap

Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:17 am

Llan_Blue wrote:The part about Sunderland buying the seats I totally made up by the way

I’ve heard that just in case they can’t get them all changed by next Saturday they are going to start by putting the blue seats in in the shape of Tan’s head with a big smile on his face :D :bluescarf:

Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:39 am

FloridaBluebird wrote:Listen if we couldn’t pony up the cash to sign a RB, a DM and Striker - you really think Tan et al are going to waste money on bloody blue seats!? Sit you bums down or stand, either way but a ticket and fill the house - nobody will see or care! Trivial crap

What you talking about :lol:

You don’t get it do you, we aren’t wasting money on your beloved right back position so they can spend the money on putting the club right.

A new training ground probably costs the same money as a premier league right back.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:08 am

They are not all red either. A third of the seats are white. They will leave the white ones

Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:21 pm

surely we would have heard something official by now but i hope i am wrong.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:38 pm

tanky wrote:surely we would have heard something official by now but i hope i am wrong.

I am going down to the stadium in the morning for a meeting with a photographer It will be my first question.
I would say if true though they will be starting work on the seats tomorrow :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:53 pm

Yesterday they were STILL painting the thin red girder on the Ninian Stand.

They started weeks ago. Can't see them changing all those seats in 6 days.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:54 pm

I understand peoples feelings on the red issue

But i actually quite like them being red/ different colour. It makes our stadium stand out over others. It is very recognisable on tv and in pictures and makes it different to other off the shelf bowl stadiums.

In all honesty it is the only part of the stadium which is kind of iconic and different down to the fact it points to a very well known part of our history and people want to change to all blue and be the same as everyone else.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:08 pm

I like the red seats. It adds another dimension to what was a boring bowl. I like sex too and my goodness my wife can throw down

Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:11 pm

You’re all completely missing the point. The tour guide obviously meant they will be blue by the next game because they’ll be full of City fans.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:25 pm

I detest the red seats.
The sooner they are gone the better.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:19 am

i think if there was a vote red or blue or not that bothered with us fans having the choice blue would win by a big margin.

tell people the cost. a pint on the concorse will be 30p more, a pie 20p more, a new home shirt 5 quid more etc.. {because it us that will one way or another be paying } and i think.. not that bothered ..would win by an equally big margin..

i await the Tan is a billionaire posts.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:54 am

Not right to call me or my grandson liars as we are only repeating what the tour guide stated. If it does not happen then the liar is the tour guide.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:40 am

I think the tour guide was telling porkies... think it was quoted £200k-£300k just to change the seats back to blue that why they were leaving them red....

Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:44 am

I detest those odd yellow seats aswell.
Very peculiar. Can't they be blue aswell.