Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MY VIEW: “ WE BATTLED BUT “

Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:37 pm

wez1927 wrote:
WelshSerb wrote:Hopefully Bamba won’t be used as midfielder again, Not sure why Murphy didn’t start came on and played well and Bobby Reid worked his socks off but no support at all, Arter to come in next week along side ralls with Reid playing behide Zohore

Agree

I think most of us do. We'll definitely see an improvement.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:39 pm

Enjoy the Premier for one year , we are battler's without the necessary quality to stay. I will enjoy every game irrespective of the result. We are punching above our weight unfortunately.Nonetheless come on Bluebirds give it your all !!!!!

Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:50 pm

nojac wrote:Arter, Victor and Jazz to come in.
Manga,Pelts and Patterson on the bench.
Reid can't play as a 9.
Better as a 10,but I think we need 3 in midfield. So we can't play with 10 then .
So NW got a week to shuffle that pack

Reid may have to play a little deeper. Tbf I was impressed by him today...there were 2 occasions when he needed a better ball from Midfield and Bamba and Patterson were lacking in those moments in my opinion. Arter and Camarasa (sp?) will hopefully provide the service the man deserves

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:18 pm

As the previous post suggests, I'm with orhers in being unconvinced by our midfield today. Warnocks principles looked liked they could work but we looked awkward upon re-gaining possession, and bunched up too much to enable a decent forward pass. I put this down to first game anxiety and playing players in there who aren’t used to the position. It’ll come!!

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:48 pm

I worry for us scoring goals, if we don’t score next week I think we will go on a losing streak without scoring.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:15 pm

Well I had stated I felt we lacked quality, we didn’t strengthen accordingly and it’s cost us. But, this isn’t an I told you so, we had patches where we had a go, for me, we started with the wrong team. We will battle hard, what worries me is that to change a premiership game and chase points we brought Danny Ward and Gary Madine on!

I stand by my comments of lacking quality and not having a good transfer window, we needed more, we needed to ship deadwood on not reward it, but, we got what we got so it is tough titties. Next game we have to start Murphy, we have to see how Camarasa and Arter get on and if we are bringing Madine on, give him time and crosses into the box. He could be a surprise if we give him the service he needs.

If you disagree don’t tell me to support someone else or ask me if I have lost my pick and shovel, give me a reasonable counter post and argument and I am happy to respond and debate.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:31 pm

I was totally baffled by Warnock's team selection. Best player v. Real Betis was Murphy so....He's sub! Sol played as holding midfielder in that game and it didn't work so....plays him in that position. Reid can't play on his own up front either. I hope he's learned from this.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:54 pm

Comment from Jeff Stelling summed up my thoughts in the game... Cardiff playing against a side who’s renouned for shipping goal, only had 1 shot on target the entire game. Eddie Howe must be delighted with the clean sheet.

Jeff didn’t say they could of also had the penalty and Brooke’s sitter go in.
Team was all wrong today.
As soon as I saw Pelts instead of Jazz, Bobby on his own and Bamba in midfield and no Murphy, I thought to myself “oh fcuk” :roll:

Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:13 am

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:20 am

Disappointing result/game boys. But these away trips have to be purely for the day out now.

Anything other than that is a bonus.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:54 am

Bamba looked a bit lost on times yesterday, keep him in the heart of defence where he is comfortable.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:37 pm

Do we have a dead ball expert? Because corners were ok but just lobbed into middle no pace or variety, remember witts 2 against pool at Wembley the best corners you'll ever see, the free kick on edge pen was just waiting to be put in net! We are a side that generally
scores well from dead balls but we won't get away with it as much in premiership championship. Unless we Mix deliveries up.:old:

Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:01 pm

Sure a fair few of our fans underestimated AFCB

Ultimately, they are an established Premier League side now going into their 4th season and haven't been out of the top 12 in the last 2.

They only lost 7 games at home last season, other than Watford the other 6 games they lost at home were against 6 teams who made up the eventual top 7.

Thought we played reasonably well in the first half and were well in the game until they scored. That was never going to be an easy game yesterday, there is a hell of a long way to go and I'm feeling confident we can pick up points in the next two games.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:48 pm

RV Casual wrote:Sure a fair few of our fans underestimated AFCB

Ultimately, they are an established Premier League side now going into their 4th season and haven't been out of the top 12 in the last 2.

They only lost 7 games at home last season, other than Watford the other 6 games they lost at home were against 6 teams who made up the eventual top 7.

Thought we played reasonably well in the first half and were well in the game until they scored. That was never going to be an easy game yesterday, there is a hell of a long way to go and I'm feeling confident we can pick up points in the next two games.

I tend to agree.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:02 pm

Mr Potato wrote:Well I had stated I felt we lacked quality, we didn’t strengthen accordingly and it’s cost us. But, this isn’t an I told you so, we had patches where we had a go, for me, we started with the wrong team. We will battle hard, what worries me is that to change a premiership game and chase points we brought Danny Ward and Gary Madine on!

I stand by my comments of lacking quality and not having a good transfer window, we needed more, we needed to ship deadwood on not reward it, but, we got what we got so it is tough titties. Next game we have to start Murphy, we have to see how Camarasa and Arter get on and if we are bringing Madine on, give him time and crosses into the box. He could be a surprise if we give him the service he needs.

If you disagree don’t tell me to support someone else or ask me if I have lost my pick and shovel, give me a reasonable counter post and argument and I am happy to respond and debate.

I agree in that our lack of quality transfer activity is unforgivable and makes it more of a mountain we've got to climb. However I'm not throwing in the towel yet. I believe there are a few worse teams than Bournemouth and I think the team and Warnock will learn fast how to get the best out of our assets, which largely revolve around team spirit and determination. A few things happened yesterday which I hope we'll never see again, one being Bamba playing in midfield; suicidal at this level. Another being Peltier playing at right back. He should be replaced by Jazz. Nevertheless I expect the additions of Arter and Ken to make big impacts on Saturday so I expect a big improvement. I'm not sure about Camarasa because I thought he was a no. 10 so I see him competing with Bobby Reid. But I can't wait to see him play

Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:12 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:Well I had stated I felt we lacked quality, we didn’t strengthen accordingly and it’s cost us. But, this isn’t an I told you so, we had patches where we had a go, for me, we started with the wrong team. We will battle hard, what worries me is that to change a premiership game and chase points we brought Danny Ward and Gary Madine on!

I agree in that our lack of quality transfer activity is unforgivable and makes it more of a mountain we've got to climb. However I'm not throwing in the towel yet. I believe there are a few worse teams than Bournemouth and I think the team and Warnock will learn fast how to get the best out of our assets, which largely revolve around team spirit and determination. A few things happened yesterday which I hope we'll never see again, one being Bamba playing in midfield; suicidal at this level. Another being Peltier playing at right back. He should be replaced by Jazz. Nevertheless I expect the additions of Arter and Ken to make big impacts on Saturday so I expect a big improvement. I'm not sure about Camarasa because I thought he was a no. 10 so I see him competing with Bobby Reid. But I can't wait to see him play

I don't think it was the best transfer window but not the worse. I do think he was to loyal to some players and should have spent all his budget. He wanted a striker but couldn't get one. Not having a go at Warnock he has said himself he prefers the championship and doesn't like premiership players attitude etc and I think he has shown his limitations in this window. At the same time we have some decent players at a good age and it's good to know no matter what this season next season we will be in a far better place than we were when he took over. Without a doubt my fav city manager.