MY VIEW: “ WE BATTLED BUT “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:55 pm

MY View/Opinion :bluebird:

WE WILL HAVE TO DEPEND ON OUR HOME RESULTS

CARDIFF CITY BATTLED BUT NEVER HAD THE PREMIERSHIP QUALITY THAT WAS NEEDED.

Over all Bournemouth deserved their victory and for me we will need more than just battling displays to stay up in the Premier League, we need that extra quality.

Can we beat Newcastle at home, Yes we can,they are not that great and behind the scenes they are in disaray :ayatollah:

Cardiff City started this season as favourites to go straight back down, but Warnock is out to prove the bookies & doubters they are wrong.

A new season to look forward to and now City playing up there with the very best football can offer, fans United, back in Blue, a great manager in Neil Warnock, fans excited, here we go Bournemouth Away first :bluebird: :bluebird:

BOURNEMOUTH 2 CARDIFF CITY 0
Crowd
Away Support
H/T 1-0

Neil Etheridge Lee Peltier Sean Morrison Bruno Manga Joe Bennett Sol Bamba Joe Ralls
Callum Paterson Nathaniel Mendez-Laing Junior Hoilett Bobby Reid

Subs Alex Smithies Jazz Richards Greg Cunningham
Victor Camarasa Josh Murphy Gary Madine Danny Ward

City opened up brightly but Bournemouth looked more threatening and in the 24th min City were opened up and Fraser slotted home 1-0 Bournemouth :cry:

In the 33rd min a dubious penalty which thankfully Etheridge saved to keep it 1-0 :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Bournemouth over all were the better off team in the first-half and deserved their first-half lead .

H/T 1-0

City started to put pressure on Bournemouth but to no avail .

So in the 63rd min Double sub

Callum Paterson and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing came on for Danny Ward and Josh Murphy.

91 mins Bournemouth scored to make 2-0 :cry:

City battled but were not good enough in front of goal and lost 2-0 against a Premiership team.

City will have a long hard season ahead of them, but just need that Premiership quality .

F/T 2-0

My man of the match Neil Etheridge :thumbright:

UP NEXT NEWCASTLE UNITED HOME SATURDAY 18TH AUGUST LIVE ON SKY TV :thumbright: :bluebird:
Attachments
7A5E4027-950A-4837-8D25-99A299970237.jpeg
7A5E4027-950A-4837-8D25-99A299970237.jpeg (282.51 KiB) Viewed 5638 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: MY VIEW: “ WE BATTLED BUT “

Postby arri potta » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:58 pm

crap midfield, hopefully Arter, Camarasa will come in and seal it up a bit
arri potta

Postby jimmy_rat » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:59 pm

Not good enough in front of goal we had chances to score at least 1.

Encouraging. Switch back to a back 4 and have a bit of a midfield, Arter will help here, poor Ralls cant do it all!

Reid not a lone striker. Him and zohore could shine however.

Disappointing we lost. Shite pen decision, excellent save. 2 cut back goals which I feel Bamba would've read. On another day we'd have got at least one!

We move on...
jimmy_rat

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:02 pm

Battling display but upfront looked bit weak strength wise so why did we put mardine on who is combative only in the 90th minute? ;)
pembroke allan

Postby HARRYccfc1927 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:04 pm

We played well, didnt think we had strongest team out, reid is good but too weak, we need someone like zohore who is a menace and doesnt get pushed off the ball
CCFC OK
HARRYccfc1927

Postby wez1927 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:04 pm

Missed zohore s hold up play, bamba experiment needs too stop ,where was gunnerson ? He woukd if down better than bamba ,arter and the new spaish lad will make a difference ,murphy should be starting
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby arri potta » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Battling display but upfront looked bit weak strength wise so why did we put mardine on who is combative only in the 90th minute? ;)

madine/ward - makes no difference, you may as well put bamba and Morrison up front they'd be more effective!
arri potta

Postby nojac » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:06 pm

Arter, Victor and Jazz to come in.
Manga,Pelts and Patterson on the bench.
Reid can't play as a 9.
Better as a 10,but I think we need 3 in midfield. So we can't play with 10 then .
So NW got a week to shuffle that pack
nojac

Postby BobbyBlue » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:07 pm

Pretty much what we’ve all said all summer, desperate for a striker, midfield weak and personally I think we need a decent CB as Iv never been a fan of manga.
BobbyBlue

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:07 pm

wez1927 wrote:Missed zohore s hold up play, bamba experiment needs too stop ,where was gunnerson ? He woukd if down better than bamba ,arter and the new spaish lad will make a difference ,murphy should be starting

Injured again I believe and hardly played much preseason. Even id have had him play ahead of Bamba.
2blue2handle

Postby wez1927 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:07 pm

nojac wrote:Arter, Victor and Jazz to come in.
Manga,Pelts and Patterson on the bench.
Reid can't play as a 9.
Better as a 10,but I think we need 3 in midfield. So we can't play with 10 then .
So NW got a week to shuffle that pack

Agree
wez1927

Postby corky » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:08 pm

He stayed loyal to the lads who took us up and they battled hard without looking like they would get anything out of the game saying that we did have a few chances to equalise...next week I think our midfield will be much stronger with Arter Camarasa and possibly Gunners, Zore will be fit as well and we could possibly line up

Etheridge
Richards, Bamba, Morrison Bennett
Arter Gunners Ralls Camarasa Murphy
Zorore

I felt we might struggle when I saw the line up and we did at times but we still competed and its not all doom and gloom as far as I am concerned...come on City on to next week and we are home.
new season,new start
corky

Postby RageJon » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:10 pm

We showed heart but lacking quality and a bit of miscommunication with Reid at times who looked great on the ball
15 minutes we had the ball in the second half consistently and we just could not create the chances.

Great save in the first half that saved our bacon

I think it's going to be a sticky season
Always Know If The Juice Is Worth The Squeeze !

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:15 pm

arri potta wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Battling display but upfront looked bit weak strength wise so why did we put mardine on who is combative only in the 90th minute? ;)

madine/ward - makes no difference, you may as well put bamba and Morrison up front they'd be more effective!

Yes your right but that would have given us a different approach we never changed way we played and that was the problem, they were comfortable to say the least with madine morrison or bamba up front would have given them more trouble than starting forwards. But hopefully with our new boys playing next week things will be different :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Simple - we need to put our best 11 out. We do not have the strongest 25 man squad so we need to pick our best 11. Zohore was obviously injured but Sol is not going to hold is own in midfield in the Premiership. Guess Gunnarsson & Zohore will both return when fit.

How Murphy never started will never know as he was by far the best player on the park last week and scored a stunner.
Richards has to come in for Peltier, Arter has to start & Murphy for NML. Can see Casamara coming off the bench.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby Bananas » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:29 pm

Don't panic MR.Mannering!!! With Arter and Camerasa in the midfield and big Ken back up top we'll be just fine :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
Bananas

Postby Wayne S » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:30 pm

That wasn't at all bad.

At least we aren't Fulham losing at home to a team no better than Bournemouth.
Wayne S

Postby Bananas » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:30 pm

RageJon wrote:We showed heart but lacking quality and a bit of miscommunication with Reid at times who looked great on the ball
15 minutes we had the ball in the second half consistently and we just could not create the chances.

Great save in the first half that saved our bacon

I think it's going to be a sticky season

Sticky sir??? Oooooo suits you sir!! :laughing6: :laughing6: Ooooooo sir!!!!
Bananas

Postby nick_strin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:45 pm

Begovic wasn't really tested all game. Quite alarming that :geek:
Season ticket holder, Ninian Stand block 112.
nick_strin

Postby bluebadger » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:47 pm

Positive is that it wasn't our best 11. We get arter, start murphy and maybe victor and we'll be more than decent.
bluebadger

Postby Bay Blue » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:57 pm

If we came away with a draw you wouldn’t have been surprised. Reid needed some help up front, he’s no target man so NW made a mistake there.
2 players to come in, definitely missed Arter.

Overall not to bad but missed some quality on the ball, and let’s be honest Bournemouth are one of the weaker teams.
Bay Blue

Postby EastleighBlue » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:10 pm

Dress up all you like we are no where near good enough for this league.I know we have better midfielders to come in but the failure to buy a tried and trusted centre forward will eventually kill us. I think this was a mistake not to gamble a little bit more money but accept why the club have not. I love Neil Warnock and will support him every step of the way and enjoy this season but we will get relegated. I am not being melodramatic and I fully support the clubs sensible decisions for the long term. We'll scrap a few results here and there however "we battled but" is a nicely written epitaph for this season already.
EastleighBlue

Postby blemmy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:10 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:Pretty much what we’ve all said all summer, desperate for a striker, midfield weak and personally I think we need a decent CB as Iv never been a fan of manga.

Agree 1000% on the striker - unless Zohore and Reid suddenly become Toshack and Keegan (showing my age there!) we will pay for that missing piece of the jigsaw in points and the blood and sweat of our defence and midfield.

Also agree about Manga who was brutalised by several Championship wingers last season - he is not even Championship calibre let alone EPL standard and Jazz should replace Manga asap, (Manga should be no closer to the first team than making the half time tea)!!

Thank goodness that Camarasa and Arter will bring an end to Bamba playing in midfield and allow him to return to his best position alongside Morrisson.

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
blemmy

Postby WelshSerb » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:10 pm

Hopefully Bamba won’t be used as midfielder again, Not sure why Murphy didn’t start came on and played well and Bobby Reid worked his socks off but no support at all, Arter to come in next week along side ralls with Reid playing behide Zohore
WelshSerb

Postby blemmy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:11 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:Dress up all you like we are no where near good enough for this league.I know we have better midfielders to come in but the failure to buy a tried and trusted centre forward will eventually kill us. I think this was a mistake not to gamble a little bit more money but accept why the club have not. I love Neil Warnock and will support him every step of the way and enjoy this season but we will get relegated. I am not being melodramatic and I fully support the clubs sensible decisions for the long term. We'll scrap a few results here and there however "we battled but" is a nicely written epitaph for this season already.

Agree totally!!!

:sad7: :sad7: :sad7:
blemmy

Postby blemmy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:12 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:Dress up all you like we are no where near good enough for this league.I know we have better midfielders to come in but the failure to buy a tried and trusted centre forward will eventually kill us. I think this was a mistake not to gamble a little bit more money but accept why the club have not. I love Neil Warnock and will support him every step of the way and enjoy this season but we will get relegated. I am not being melodramatic and I fully support the clubs sensible decisions for the long term. We'll scrap a few results here and there however "we battled but" is a nicely written epitaph for this season already.

Agree totally!!!

:sad7: :sad7: :sad7:
blemmy

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:15 pm

Did'nt see the game so can't really comment. One thing for sure though, we won't be the only team to lose at Bournemouth this season. From what I have read, things don't sound too bad, especially with a few decent players likely to come in for the next game.
Steve Zodiak

Postby blemmy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:22 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Did'nt see the game so can't really comment. One thing for sure though, we won't be the only team to lose at Bournemouth this season. From what I have read, things don't sound too bad, especially with a few decent players likely to come in for the next game.

But Steve where is the cutting edge we desperately need going to come from?

I don't think Zohore - he was hot and cold in the Championship!!

:banghead: :sad7: :sad7: :banghead:
blemmy

Postby wez1927 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:28 pm

WelshSerb wrote:Hopefully Bamba won’t be used as midfielder again, Not sure why Murphy didn’t start came on and played well and Bobby Reid worked his socks off but no support at all, Arter to come in next week along side ralls with Reid playing behide Zohore

Agree
wez1927

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:36 pm

blemmy wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Did'nt see the game so can't really comment. One thing for sure though, we won't be the only team to lose at Bournemouth this season. From what I have read, things don't sound too bad, especially with a few decent players likely to come in for the next game.

But Steve where is the cutting edge we desperately need going to come from?

I don't think Zohore - he was hot and cold in the Championship!!

:banghead: :sad7: :sad7: :banghead:

Early days yet. Maybe the new boys will create a few chances. Agree with you that goal scoring could be a problem but only time will tell. This was always going to be a tough game against a side who only finished last season out of the top ten on goal difference. Lets see where are after 10 games. Going to be tough for sure, but then again we knew that already.
Steve Zodiak

Next

Return to General Chat