Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Early days BUT

Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:40 pm

here are some thoughts
What we knew....
1/We have a team of players who give 100% and that is the minimum fans expect. They deserve our support all year as long as the spirit remains. :thumbup:
2/The Pre m is all about pace and quality. If the policyholders out commitment it will be hard as a couple of players may not be Pre m quality. Bournemouth did match us.
IMO we learnt
1/ The new signings looked comfortable. Early days but that might be a big plus :thumbup: the
2/ You can't play Bamba and Paterson in midfield together ...not mobile enough. Warnock options were limited but this was a tactical mistake. Bamba s better in defence and the jury is out as to whether Paterson can make the step up.
3/ We were far more threatening with a bigger man alongside Reid. The experiment of playing him alone might be ok against a top team where we are under the cost but today we were set up too defensively in the first half. [Interesting Ward was first option over Madine].
4/ Pace in the Pre m is so imp. At some point Iwould like to see NW consider trying to get Murphy and Laing in the same formation. Laing had a good game till he went off. Maybe Hoilett will not be an auto choice? He is a very clever and versatile player and can adapt(e.g. sometimes more central midfield assisting Ralls ?)
5/Our 2 new midfielders and Ashore could make a big difference. :thumbup:
Conclusion
I felt we were (understandably) set up too defensively in the first half and maybe the players (understandably) were nervous. BUT the net effect was a missed opportunity to get at least a draw. Second half we were at least as good, but we lost it in the first 45.
Tried to be fair and balanced what do you think??? :bluebird:

Re: Early days BUT

Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:58 pm

fair enough, centre mid was the obvious problem today, get any 2 of arter ralls camarasa or gunnerson in there with reid in front of them, drop patterson and move bamba to defence, I am not a fan of Bamba in midfield and thought we would lose when i saw the line ups,a square peg in a round hole, other than that hoilett looked poor and will need to improve but murphy and mendez lang looked good. hope we go for the team below next week

ertheridge
peltier bamba morrison bennet
ralls arter
mendez lang reid murphy
zahore

Re: Early days BUT

Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:22 pm

Yes I'd go for something like that. :thumbup: Although it's very unlikely that Hoilet will be dropped. :thumbup: Also Id like to see Cunningham before long.

(It will be interesting to see if Ward MAY be above Madin e in the pecking order upfront)