Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

we could of spent 100 million

Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:18 pm

cheer up! we could of spent like fulham and still lost 2-0 at home, its that sort of league :bluescarf:

Re: we could of spent 100 million

Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:21 pm

And beaten Bournemouth 3-2 :thumbup:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:30 pm

City Slicker wrote:And beaten Bournemouth 3-2 :thumbup:

lol fairplay we could of, or we could of still lost 2-0 but its the point i been making all summer, you can throw as much money as you like and still lose to any of the mid table teams :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:12 pm

streamfeeder wrote:

lol fairplay we could of, or we could of still lost 2-0 but its the point i been making all summer, you can throw as much money as you like and still lose to any of the mid table teams :bluescarf:

And of course nothing is guaranteed. Man City could lose to Huddersfield on an off day but the odds are against it. As much as it isn't guaranteed we would have had a much much greater chance of at least drawing today if we had spent enough to have got Premier ready. That doesn't mean £100 mill but certainly £50 mill would have been the bare minimum and not a huge outlay. As it is, £26mill will be found to be wanting.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:23 am

You mean we could have ( not 'of').

Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:21 am

mugsy wrote:You mean we could have ( not 'of').

It's massively prevalent on this board and even worse over the bridge in the West Country.

Must be a regional education fail.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:20 am

Wayne S wrote:

It's massively prevalent on this board and even worse over the bridge in the West Country.

I am glad some one else has noticed this as I thought it was me being pedantic.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:16 am

You mean we should of

Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:35 am

streamfeeder wrote:

There is no doubt that money buys you quality and with extra quality you should perform better. It gives you a better chance to climb the table.

I was very pleased to see Fulham come unstuck yesterday but don’t get carried away because that was the first game of the season and they brought in 12 new players, 5 on Thursday alone. It’s going to take them time to find the right balance but quality talks. Still expect them to finish well above us come the end of the season.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:55 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

I am glad some one else has noticed this as I thought it was me being pedantic.

I was thinking exactly the same thing as it has been getting under my skin lately. Far too prevalent on this board and elsewhere, so hopefully people will now stop this "should of, could of, would of" nonsense !!

Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:04 pm

sorry, should of paid more attention in school :lol:

Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:15 pm

They lost to a team who have spent far more than them though, Palace might have had a quiet summer but they have spent a shed load of money over the past 3-4 seasons.

It's what we are up against.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:10 am

City Slicker wrote:
streamfeeder wrote:

And of course nothing is guaranteed. Man City could lose to Huddersfield on an off day but the odds are against it. As much as it isn't guaranteed we would have had a much much greater chance of at least drawing today if we had spent enough to have got Premier ready. That doesn't mean £100 mill but certainly £50 mill would have been the bare minimum and not a huge outlay. As it is, £26mill will be found to be wanting.

we spent 26 and it should be 50, had we spent 36 it should have been 60, and had we spent 50 it should have been 70 or 80mill.

and guess what, we would still be favs to go down, still favs to finish bottom and every pundit would still have us in their 3 for relegation.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:40 am

dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
streamfeeder wrote:

we spent 26 and it should be 50, had we spent 36 it should have been 60, and had we spent 50 it should have been 70 or 80mill.

and guess what, we would still be favs to go down, still favs to finish bottom and every pundit would still have us in their 3 for relegation.

No wrong as ever you don't make sense

Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:53 am

City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
streamfeeder wrote:

75% of our managers decisions dont make sense to you either so im in pretty good company.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:43 pm

dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
streamfeeder wrote:

75% of our managers decisions dont make sense to you either so im in pretty good company.

Wrong again .....as usual!

Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:10 pm

City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
streamfeeder wrote:

grow up and start getting behind us instead of talkling shiter about how much we should have spent eh

Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:47 pm

dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
streamfeeder wrote:

grow up and start getting behind us instead of talkling shiter about how much we should have spent eh

And why don't you piss off, you're a thicko who gets on my nerves you knob