Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Relegation

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:43 pm

Agree we are favourites to go down we probably will but all this doom and gloom already is a joke arter zohore and Murphy in this team will improve us loads so stop moaning and get behind the boys

Re: Relegation

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:59 pm

We only have to finish above 3 teams. Brighton, Huddersfield, Fulham, Palace, Newcastle, Southampton etc

Long way to go :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:28 pm

footiexmadx wrote:Agree we are favourites to go down we probably will but all this doom and gloom already is a joke arter zohore and Murphy in this team will improve us loads so stop moaning and get behind the boys

I totally agree with you. A long time to go and we go next week and give it a right go however on what you mentioned there why was our best player (by a mile) last week Josh Murphy left on the bench? Ps. He also scored a stunner!

Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:32 pm

When I read the op I thought here we go more doom and gloom but you're right. It was the first game of the season and I still think there will be 3 worse teams than us. We all knew it would be tough and near the bottom all year and not many would have thought we would be playing in this division this time last year so let's just enjoy this season. We're in blue and VT has cleared most of the debt. I remember us being at the bottom of the old division 4 with 2,000 fans in a dilapidated Ninian Park

Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:35 pm

footiexmadx wrote:Agree we are favourites to go down we probably will but all this doom and gloom already is a joke arter zohore and Murphy in this team will improve us loads so stop moaning and get behind the boys

Spot on, cba for the negativity already from plastic fans.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:55 pm

Sssshhh positive post alarm! Agree 100%.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:47 am

Well I'm feeling negative and I've supported city since 1975. I just don't think we've got enough quality to stay up.if the club wants to push on it needs to try and stay at this level for good few years otherwise it the championship or lower and the sea of empty blue seats all over again .

Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:13 am

skiprat wrote:Well I'm feeling negative and I've supported city since 1975. I just don't think we've got enough quality to stay up.if the club wants to push on it needs to try and stay at this level for good few years otherwise it the championship or lower and the sea of empty blue seats all over again .

Why are you feeling negative Skiprat? Fair enough about the lack of quality and pushing on from here, but when have you known this club to be in a stronger position, both financially and on the pitch, during the 40 odd years you have been a supporter? Things are not all bad.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:23 am

trotskie wrote:We only have to finish above 3 teams. Brighton, Huddersfield, Fulham, Palace, Newcastle, Southampton etc

Long way to go :bluescarf:

Finishing above 3 teams is still going to be a very tall order but I agree with your point that we were not the only team to lose yesterday and the above teams will also be looking over their shoulders.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:30 am

skiprat wrote:Well I'm feeling negative and I've supported city since 1975. I just don't think we've got enough quality to stay up.if the club wants to push on it needs to try and stay at this level for good few years otherwise it the championship or lower and the sea of empty blue seats all over again .

I feel negative and depressed after any defeat but I don't buy that if we are relegated this season we would fall through the divisions.

We have spent only £25m on transfers and probably about £40m (estimate) on wages. PL football is worth around £150m meaning we are on course to make a whopping profit this season plus we are guaranteed generous parachute payments for at least 2 seasons.

Our squad would be very competitive in the Championship and we have the best manager ever at that level.

Therefore I take a long term view. Staying up would be brilliant and the best outcome, however we have a brilliant plan B something we didn't have last time :thumbup:

Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:17 am

Personaly i don' t think we will go down we have not seen camarasa yet arter has yet to play zohore yet to play bamba needs to go back to centreback alongside morrison solid pair there last season murphy needs to bed in along with bobby reid i think the team next week at home will be a completly different challenge for newcastle after us getting this 1st game out of the way, a weeks training and things i am sure will settle down. As regards relagation i don' t think it will happen we will sign more players in january if neeeded but if we did go down i can't see the likes of reid murphy camarasa arter staying in the championship so thats why its important to stay up this first season and build on that rather than try and build a team again from the championship.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:44 am

montyblue wrote:Personaly i don' t think we will go down we have not seen camarasa yet arter has yet to play zohore yet to play bamba needs to go back to centreback alongside morrison solid pair there last season murphy needs to bed in along with bobby reid i think the team next week at home will be a completly different challenge for newcastle after us getting this 1st game out of the way, a weeks training and things i am sure will settle down. As regards relagation i don' t think it will happen we will sign more players in january if neeeded but if we did go down i can't see the likes of reid murphy camarasa arter staying in the championship so thats why its important to stay up this first season and build on that rather than try and build a team again from the championship.

Like you say, we will certainly be stronger when we bring in those players missing yesterday, and having others playing in their best position. I expect to see us improve over the next couple of games. We can play a lot better than we did yesterday, and we did not exactly disgrace ourselves against Bournemouth. On another day, we could have snatched an undeserved point, as we did several times last season.