Josh MURPHY

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Josh MURPHY

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:32 pm

No question Murphy was our best player by a mile last week against Betis and he also scored a stunning goal so I can’t work out why he was left on the bench & NML started. Being loyal to the players that got you promoted? Surely you have to pick your best 11. 38 games and that’s it. Injured? Just seemed a strange selection.
bridgendbluebird30

Josh MURPHY

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Josh MURPHY

Postby davids » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:02 pm

I honestly think he wanted to be loyal to those who contributed to promotion last season.

Only Bobby Reid started from the new players and it may have been that even he would have been on the bench if Ken had been fit.

An admirable sentiment. Done now so need to revert to picking the best 11 players for each game. :thumbup:
davids

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:10 pm

davids wrote:I honestly think he wanted to be loyal to those who contributed to promotion last season.

Only Bobby Reid started from the new players and it may have been that even he would have been on the bench if Ken had been fit.

An admirable sentiment. Done now so need to revert to picking the best 11 players for each game. :thumbup:

Probably right. It was just one of those games which was there for the taking. Surprised that Casamara didn’t appear either. Just pick ourselves up & go for it next week against Newcastle :bluebird:
bridgendbluebird30

Postby thomasblue » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:13 pm

Josh Murphy is a class above any of our other attacking players that is obvious already . We will struggle to keep him if relegated or not.
thomasblue

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:30 pm

Wonder if warnock will hold it against him that he could have done better for the 2nd.
2blue2handle

Postby FloridaBluebird » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:44 am

Part of the Arter deal, strange 11 and 3 points for a season of service...
FloridaBluebird

Postby Bluesman » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:49 am

No time for sentiment. Pick the best team.
Bluesman

Postby JJ1927 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:17 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:No question Murphy was our best player by a mile last week against Betis and he also scored a stunning goal so I can’t work out why he was left on the bench & NML started. Being loyal to the players that got you promoted? Surely you have to pick your best 11. 38 games and that’s it. Injured? Just seemed a strange selection.

I agree that Josh Murphy looked class but in fairness to NML he was probably our player up to being taken off. He went passed their full back three times in the opening 20 minutes and put in a superb cross just before being taken off. Playing Bamba in midfield was a mistake, though we were a bit short of options there.
JJ1927

Return to General Chat