Nice to see Fulham and Wolves both brought down to earth

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby phildavies » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:05 pm

Two massively overrated teams with their fans and even some pundits predicting top 10 :lol: . Even some on here were kissing their arses as if they were somehow amazing teams because they brought in a load second rate players for massive money. Fulham lose at home and Wolves can’t beat a side with 10 men for more than half the game. Looking forward to this continuing Fulham will be going down this year Wolves will be okay probably somewhere around 15-12 but all this talk of top 10 and over hype has made laugh.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Nice to see Fulham and Wolves both brought down to earth

Postby murphy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:19 am

Seeing that Fulham lost to the mighty Crystal Palace brought a smirk to my face.
murphy

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:38 am

Like I said the other day, you can get some strange results in the first game or two of a season, as new players need a little time to gel and get used to the pace of the Premier League. We will get a better idea of where we are all heading this season after ten games or so.
Steve Zodiak

Postby thomasblue » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:03 am

I cant believe that fulham went out and spent £100mill in the summer and totally changed the team.

Last season whether you like them or not they were very good.

The team they had plus one or two quality additions would have been good enough to stay up. They made 8 changes to the team and lost. That is good news for city because i think they were more of a threat before they spent big money and destroyed there squad
thomasblue

Postby dogfound » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:40 am

thomasblue wrote:I cant believe that fulham went out and spent £100mill in the summer and totally changed the team.

Last season whether you like them or not they were very good.

The team they had plus one or two quality additions would have been good enough to stay up. They made 8 changes to the team and lost. That is good news for city because i think they were more of a threat before they spent big money and destroyed there squad

last years team were not Fulham though..they were a bunch of loan players..
the 100 mill is a red herring as it wasnt 100million pounds worth of improvements.
dogfound

Postby Mr Potato » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:16 am

Fulham have got a squad with depth, if Fulham need to change a game they are not bringing Danny bloody Ward on so we are in no position to laugh at them at the moment. Wolves got a decent point off Everton so same again.

No point in worrying over other teams though, it’s been well discussed in other threads we are down on depth and quality, it’s open to debate but a general concensous is we will have to fight for survival. Just focus on Cardiff, let the rest sort themselves out. We must take points off Newcastle and or Huddersfield, 2 or 3 is ok, 4 would be great and 6 would be positively bloody marvellous. Right now I’d snap your hands off for 2 draws.

My view is if we can be in the mix for survival come January we can strengthen, depending on injuries we may only need 2-3 and I think that would be enough.
Mr Potato

Postby phildavies » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:37 am

Im not worrying im laughing at how ridiculous it is that they are being so overhyped and as for Fulham aside from Mitrovic their other strikers are awful.

Their three best player are all players they had last year in Cairney, Sessegnon and Mitrovic. They have spent a load of money on average players and their defence is still as weak and shambolic as it was last year they will be bottom.

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby Llan_Blue » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:42 am

phildavies wrote:Im not worrying im laughing at how ridiculous it is that they are being so overhyped and as for Fulham aside from Mitrovic their other strikers are awful.

Their three best player are all players they had last year in Cairney, Sessegnon and Mitrovic. They have spent a load of money on average players and their defence is still as weak and shambolic as it was last year they will be bottom.

Andre Schurrle is not an average player.

Best to wait till a couple of games before everybody starts banging on about who’s average an who’s not
Llan_Blue

Postby phildavies » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:13 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
phildavies wrote:Im not worrying im laughing at how ridiculous it is that they are being so overhyped and as for Fulham aside from Mitrovic their other strikers are awful.

Andre Schurrle is not an average player.

Best to wait till a couple of games before everybody starts banging on about who’s average an who’s not

Hes also not a lone striker he is a pretty decent signing though he has done nothing for the last 2 seasons. Their main problem though as I have already said they have by far the weakest looking defence in the league not helped by the fact they lost Fredericks who was their best defender.

phildavies

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:41 pm

Before Saturday pundits had wolves and Fulham safe with us down ! Noted some pundits are now unsure about Fulham whilst expect them to survive but not securely as they thought. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:49 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Before Saturday pundits had wolves and Fulham safe with us down ! Noted some pundits are now unsure about Fulham whilst expect them to survive but not securely as they thought. :old:

mad that people can change their mind after one game isnt it.
paulh_85

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:14 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Before Saturday pundits had wolves and Fulham safe with us down ! Noted some pundits are now unsure about Fulham whilst expect them to survive but not securely as they thought. :old:

mad that people can change their mind after one game isnt it.

Except when comes to us Paul? :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby nubbsy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:30 pm

When teams like this buy expensive players everyone automatically assumes they're going to be class and quite often they're underwhelming and turn out to be overpriced.
nubbsy

Postby dogfound » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:22 pm

nubbsy wrote:When teams like this buy expensive players everyone automatically assumes they're going to be class and quite often they're underwhelming and turn out to be overpriced.

:thumbup:
dogfound

Postby Dahboy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:30 pm

Wolves will be fine.
Dahboy

Postby RV Casual » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:49 pm

Wolves and Fulham will both be happy to finish 4th from bottom same as us.

I don't see how Wolves have been brought down to earth either, to be fair to them they can't control the media.

I think it gets blown out of proportion what they have spent as well, when you tally it up, their net spend last season wasn't a million miles higher than ours and they havn't gone overly mental in the grand scheme of things this season either, I think their net spend is about £50 Million.

A point at home against Everton was a good result for them, Id take that now for us if offered.
RV Casual

Postby phildavies » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:01 am

And the two have been even further brought down to earth in recent weeks. Wonder if the media and many on here that overhyped them before the season started have changed their minds now.

:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

phildavies

Return to General Chat