please dont waste this opportunity

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby skiprat » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:14 am

I've seen all pre season and yesterdays match and unless we improve massively we are going to break derbys 07/08 record low total of 11 points.plastic or not we've got 30000 people interested in the club now and good income streams ffs lets not blow it now
skiprat

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: please dont waste this opportunity

Postby BlueMoon1974 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:27 pm

I like the championship
BlueMoon1974

Postby Bay Blue » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:03 pm

It’s already been wasted in the last transfer window, we have a championship side trying to cut it in the PL.
Piss poor investment in players, no ambition by our owner, I don’t see the point of being in the PL just to make up the numbers.

You’ll all be thinking the same after a while, listen to the groans on here if Newcastle give us a lesson on Saturday :ayatollah:
Bay Blue

Postby Llan_Blue » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:05 pm

Bay Blue wrote:It’s already been wasted in the last transfer window, we have a championship side trying to cut it in the PL.
Piss poor investment in players, no ambition by our owner, I don’t see the point of being in the PL just to make up the numbers.

You’ll all be thinking the same after a while, listen to the groans on here if Newcastle give us a lesson on Saturday :ayatollah:

They won’t give us a lesson.
Llan_Blue

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:09 pm

Bay Blue wrote:It’s already been wasted in the last transfer window, we have a championship side trying to cut it in the PL.

Presume you won't be there Saturday then as you don't see point being in premiership just to make numbers up and would be waste of your precious time/money :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby City Slicker » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:15 pm

skiprat wrote:I've seen all pre season and yesterdays match and unless we improve massively we are going to break derbys 07/08 record low total of 11 points.plastic or not we've got 30000 people interested in the club now and good income streams ffs lets not blow it now

It's too late now unfortunately, nothing we can do now.
City Slicker

Postby skiprat » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:20 am

You may like the championship but for the majority its done and dusted as reflected in last seasons crowds.
skiprat

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:37 am

After watching them play Spurs on Saturday, I think you may be right with regards to Newcastle.
However, I’m sure we’ll give it a good go and the do best we can. I don’t think it will be enough though.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Bryceyblue » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:51 am

Your name definitely says what you are. What kind of fan even are you? Bet you weren’t even there last season saying crap like that!
Bryceyblue

Postby Bluebird1990 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:00 am

Anyone else sick of seeing posts like this? Its a never ending echo
Bluebird1990

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:11 am

Bluebird1990 wrote:Anyone else sick of seeing posts like this? Its a never ending echo

Get use to it.

This will escalate to a high mountain top if we end up in the bottom 3 for the rest of the season.
Bakedalasker

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:29 am

Bluebird1990 wrote:Anyone else sick of seeing posts like this? Its a never ending echo

It’s his view and he’s entitled to it. He may be sick of seeing your posts.
He’s not a troll from what I can see.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby nubbsy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:33 am

They're coming out of the woodwork already f**k me.

You depressing fucks do realize we're going to loose ALOT of games this year, might aswell except it and try to enjoy the ride and the fact we're not getting into massive debt. I know you struggle to see past your noses but it's for the best for the longevity of this club.
nubbsy

Postby skiprat » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:33 am

Why have you got such an inferiority complex?.so many very small clubs have spent years and years in the premier league .yet you yearn for lower leagues park football.
skiprat

Postby nubbsy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:51 am

skiprat wrote:Why have you got such an inferiority complex?.so many very small clubs have spent years and years in the premier league .yet you yearn for lower leagues park football.

You're confusing my acceptance of our situation with an inferiority complex. If we'd had 100m to spend my expectations would be higher. But Tan has just paid off another 70m of debt and people like you are wondering why we haven't spent money?
nubbsy

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:02 am

nubbsy wrote:
skiprat wrote:Why have you got such an inferiority complex?.so many very small clubs have spent years and years in the premier league .yet you yearn for lower leagues park football.

You're confusing my acceptance of our situation with an inferiority complex. If we'd had 100m to spend my expectations would be higher. But Tan has just paid off another 70m of debt and people like you are wondering why we haven't spent money?

warnock has been quoted as saying there was more money available that he wasnt sure he was going to spend (which he didnt)

so i dont think questioning why is over the top. there isnt a single person here that believes we would spend 100m or close to it
paulh_85

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:33 am

Every year 3 teams are relegated from the PL and any team below the top 8 clubs could go down. Last season 3 pretty established clubs WBA, Swansea and Stoke went to the Championship, which already contains a number of ex-PL sides in Aston Villa, Derby, Birmingham and Hull.

That said every season the most vulnerable clubs are the newly promoted ones from the Championship.

However, it would be reckless for us to gamble up to £100m on beating the drop and push up our debt again. What we to do is what we have done, supplement the squad but leave enough cash in the bank to survive and be competitive if we are relegated.

I still have faith that through a combination of NW's management, team spirit and in fighting at other clubs will see us just scrape through and avoid relegation, but if we don't then we will be in good hands.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby skiprat » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:34 am

Exactly right paul
skiprat

Postby nubbsy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:35 am

paulh_85 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

warnock has been quoted as saying there was more money available that he wasnt sure he was going to spend (which he didnt)

so i dont think questioning why is over the top. there isnt a single person here that believes we would spend 100m or close to it

How much money though? Enough for the players that were available or that would add quality? Or that we could attract?

We already know he's said that we struggled to attract players so maybe there was money we couldn't spend for that reasons or one mentioned above.

What I'm saying in general is: stop ya f*cking winging and have some faith :)
nubbsy

Postby nubbsy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:36 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Every year 3 teams are relegated from the PL and any team below the top 8 clubs could go down. Last season 3 pretty established clubs WBA, Swansea and Stoke went to the Championship, which already contains a number of ex-PL sides in Aston Villa, Derby, Birmingham and Hull.

That said every season the most vulnerable clubs are the newly promoted ones from the Championship.

However, it would be reckless for us to gamble up to £100m on beating the drop and push up our debt again. What we to do is what we have done, supplement the squad but leave enough cash in the bank to survive and be competitive if we are relegated.

I still have faith that through a combination of NW's management, team spirit and in fighting at other clubs will see us just scrape through and avoid relegation, but if we don't then we will be in good hands.

Well said. Some welcome positivity :)
nubbsy

Postby Bryceyblue » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:44 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Every year 3 teams are relegated from the PL and any team below the top 8 clubs could go down. Last season 3 pretty established clubs WBA, Swansea and Stoke went to the Championship, which already contains a number of ex-PL sides in Aston Villa, Derby, Birmingham and Hull.

Bang on the money tony! Thank you, nice to see some positivity and realism here!
Bryceyblue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:16 am

I'm afraid some fans don't look beyond the end of this season. The club had been around a long time, and hopefully will be around for a long time to come. Tan is a successful businessman, and he has not achieved that by looking at things just in the short term. If a business is to thrive, it needs a long term strategy, and I am sure Tan wants this club to prosper so that it will be attractive to other people when he eventually wants to hand over the reigns. Seen plenty of boom and bust businesses over the years. I am certain Tan has no intentions of joining them. This club has plenty of experience of struggling for survival, court cases for unpaid debts etc. I hope we never return to those days.
Steve Zodiak

Postby RICK+CCFC » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:38 am

Absolutely right Tony, & its a case of "damned if you do, damned if you dont" with us. How many times have we heard the phrase "we never learn" when it comes to the running of our club?

Personally I think we have taken a sensible approach,,, theres no guarantees in football, but theres plenty of Carlos Kickaball players around who's agent are keen, & actively trying to secure £££ multi million pound deals on long term, & costly contracts!
RICK+CCFC

Postby BlueVanman » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:50 pm

skiprat wrote:I've seen all pre season and yesterdays match and unless we improve massively we are going to break derbys 07/08 record low total of 11 points.plastic or not we've got 30000 people interested in the club now and good income streams ffs lets not blow it now

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:
BlueVanman

Postby City Slicker » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:17 pm

BlueVanman wrote:

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Some sleepy b*stard needs some Red Bull to wake him up. Keep up at the back!
City Slicker

Postby MoodyBluebird » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:28 am

Tony is spot on. Why jeopardise the new-found stability of the club just to imitate the big spenders in the PL.

We would all like high class footballers in our team and receive plaudits nationwide for the quality of football we play and be highly competitive but you have to have a sense of financial awareness and strategic planning for the good of the club.

Too many clubs have come a cropper chasing their dreams but I, like many others on here believe that will not be beneficial to Cardiff City in the long term.

Possibly a sign of the times that many want instant gratification with a "must have it now" mentality but we must proceed more cautiously than we have in recent times.

As lots on here have said, just enjoy the ride and see where it takes us. We may be pleasantly surprised !
MoodyBluebird

Return to General Chat