' Cardiff Fans throwing coins yesterday '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:58 am

Vince Alm:

"Throwing coins is a cowardly act,which will land our club in trouble"

Good hard working performance from the team, not quite enough quality in midfield today to carve out clear cut chances, but for the best part we held our own which was positive. We know we have players to come in to improve things. overall a disappointing result but some encouragement for the future

Well done to the support down there today stuck with the team and cheered them off at the end and didn't stop singing
only downer on an otherwise enjoyable day was the two coins thrown at the Bournemouth player/referee 36 minute!

Yes it is frustrating regards the penalty decision but keep a cool head, throwing coins at players and referee is a cowardly act which will land the club in trouble. Hopefully this will be an isolated incident not repeated again this season. We are better than that.

Time to look forward to the Newcastle game. :thumbright:

Bluebirds onwards and upwards :bluebird: :bluebird:

Bournemouth winger Ryan Fraser stoops to pick up the change after two coins are thrown at him during the 2-0 home win against Cardiff
Attachments
NINTCHDBPICT0004261347441.jpg
NINTCHDBPICT0004261347441.jpg (66.92 KiB) Viewed 7126 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Cardiff Fans throwing coins yesterday '

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:31 am

Cardiff face FA investigation after coins thrown at Bournemouth goalscorer Ryan Fraser

CARDIFF could face an FA investigation after two coins were thrown from their fans’ section of the Vitality Stadium towards Bournemouth goalscorer Ryan Fraser.

The Cherries winger picked up the loose change and handed it to referee Kevin Friend in the 36th minute of the 2-0 win over Neil Warnock’s side.

Fraser, 24, had given Bournemouth the lead 12 minutes earlier when he neatly tucked away Callum Wilson’s cutback.

The Football Association last night said they would wait for Friend’s official report before deciding whether to proceed further.

The incident compounded a disappointing start to life back in the Premier League for the Bluebirds, who went home empty-handed thanks to strikes from Fraser and Wilson.

And Warnock revealed his side suffered from stage fright in their first top-flight game for four years.

Bournemouth winger Ryan Fraser stoops to pick up the change after two coins are thrown at him during the 2-0 home win against Cardiff
Attachments
NINTCHDBPICT0004261347441.jpg
NINTCHDBPICT0004261347441.jpg (66.92 KiB) Viewed 7117 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:33 am

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Lawnmower » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:39 am

Disgusted and disappointed with this.
The vast majority of Cardiff fans are good, friendly, loyal people. It’s a real pleasure going away and chatting to the knowledgeable supporters and sharing the dream.

Now we could be facing punishments and restrictions and also be tarred with negativity everywhere we go due to these stupid, thoughtless actions.

When will some people learn.

CCTV is excellent these days, so a ban or 2 is likely, and I have to say , deserved
Lawnmower

Postby pontyclunblue » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:48 am

We don't want to tarnished because of these idiots, to the people who throw coins grow up.
pontyclunblue

Postby Llan_Blue » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:52 am

What do you gain from throwing coins?

Apart from being 16p down an looking like a shit house.
Llan_Blue

Postby billy ronson » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:53 am

Just plain stupid! CCTV will be used and perpetrators can expect ban if identified! May also mean a reduction of away tickets :banghead:
I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want
billy ronson

Postby City Slicker » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:57 am

pontyclunblue wrote:We don't want to tarnished because of these idiots, to the people who throw coins grow up.

Yes agreed. Don't they realise how stupid it is. The club could get into big trouble and in any case CCTV is everywhere. Were they really so idiotic to think they wouldn't be seen? First game back in the Premier FFS and we already had a mountain to climb :banghead:
City Slicker

Postby BlueVanman » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:01 am

When fans do this do they not realise it doesn't make them look big, hard or some kind of super fan standing up for there club who they feel have in some way been wronged. :oops:

Reality check, it is nothing more than cowardly and childish behaviour which makes you look like a total and utter BELLEND, whoever done this needs to grow up as they are a total embarrassment to themselves and football. :banghead:

Hope its on CCTV and the dickhead/s get banned. :twisted:
BlueVanman

Postby jimmy_rat » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:05 am

Idiots.

Well there's a few season tickets that will be available to people needing them! We don't want you around our club, you're not big, hard, funny or clever! I hope the majority of us would tell them as much if we ever witnessed it too!
jimmy_rat

Postby Aderynlas 1927 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:11 am

I hope they're caught and banned.
No excuse for such idiotic behaviour.
Aderynlas 1927

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:44 am

Unacceptable behaviour and a disgrace to our club. Hope they are banned.
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby old_man » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:19 am

jimmy_rat wrote:Idiots.

Well there's a few season tickets that will be available to people needing them! We don't want you around our club, you're not big, hard, funny or clever! I hope the majority of us would tell them as much if we ever witnessed it too!

I doubt they are even season ticket holders. So many of our fans are selling tickets on facebook or offering their fan numbers about to those who don't qualify to keep their number of aways up, that anyone could of thrown the coins.
old_man

Postby jimmy_rat » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:39 am

old_man wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Idiots.

I doubt they are even season ticket holders. So many of our fans are selling tickets on facebook or offering their fan numbers about to those who don't qualify to keep their number of aways up, that anyone could of thrown the coins.

Hopefully this serves as a warning to people doing that. Only lend your ticket/number to people you know and trust.
jimmy_rat

Postby Trueblue49 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:48 am

Surely the fans around these morons must have seen who threw the coins and they should be reporting them to the police and Cardiff City and they would be banned. They obviously are not concerned that their behaviour reflects badly on the club and supporters
Trueblue49

Postby snoopystorm » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:54 am

Pathetic behaviour that we had grown out of over the years, if you can’t accept a couple of bad decisions then you have no right being in the crowd if you’re going to throw coins....

For years we’ve had decision go against us hence the chant ‘same old English, always cheating’..... let’s not go back to the days of Ninnian park and seats being thrown, we’re past all that
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:09 pm

We are already disliked by most of the opposition fans who don't think Welsh clubs should be in the premier league and this just gives them more reason to dislike us. Absolutely :old: pathetic
CF23 Bluebird

Postby TommyP » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:42 pm

Thankfully it was completely glossed over on MotD last night, we've been trying to rid ourselves of a bad reputation for years and for 1 or 2 idiots to tarnish the 1300 of us who were there yesterday is shameful. I'm just glad it wasn't picked up or acknowledged cause no doubt it would seriously put us in a bad light on our first game back in the Premier League.

It's also incredibly stupid of them, it's so easy to identify them and ban them
TommyP

Postby BlueMoon1974 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:49 pm

Someone give them up. Dont want them in the club.
BlueMoon1974

Postby Wayne S » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:52 pm

old_man wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:.......Well there's a few season tickets that will be available to people needing them .....

I doubt they are even season ticket holders. So many of our fans are selling tickets on facebook or offering their fan numbers .....

They'll still lose their season tickets.

Get better, more trustworthy friends or stop trying to make a quick buck.
Wayne S

Postby Lawnmower » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:07 pm

Such a shame as Bournemouth fans were praising us for how loud we were- and we were, even when losing.

All anyone will concentrate on now is the actions of 1 or 2 knob heads
Lawnmower

Postby Sven » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:00 pm

The sad thing about this is that those who travelled were (in theory) experienced and loyal supporters, having attended 7 or more games last season...

I know from personal experience that the 'regulars' are on the whole great bunch and would frown at those who modernly give the club and its supporters a bad name, so I can only hope that the plank (or planks) that threw any object were the recipients of tickets by other means; one of the perils of selling 'spare' tickets to often faceless people on social media, sadly including this Forum

Someone out there will have seen something and I sincerely hope the culprit (or culprits) are found and taken to task; not just for their stupidity but for the sake of Cardiff City Football Club and its mainly fantastic supporters

We've moved a long way from the darkest days of being a Cardiff City supporter. Let's keep it that way! :thumbright: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:17 pm

If people give their fan numbers away to non regular fans and then they cause trouble....the person who gives their fan number away could also be in trouble. Many a time at home I could have sold or given my ticket away to someone who for all I know could have received a ban or a potential trouble maker without even knowing that they are, but my worry is if they ask where they got their ticket from and it corresponds to my seat or fan number I could potentially be In trouble too. You just do t know who people are. I know that people are just trying to do a nice thing by giv8ng away fans numbers but it could potentially get you in trouble too as a loyal fan.
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby Sven » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:36 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:If people give their fan numbers away to non regular fans and then they cause trouble....the person who gives their fan number away could also be in trouble. Many a time at home I could have sold or given my ticket away to someone who for all I know could have received a ban or a potential trouble maker without even knowing that they are, but my worry is if they ask where they got their ticket from and it corresponds to my seat or fan number I could potentially be In trouble too. You just do t know who people are. I know that people are just trying to do a nice thing by giv8ng away fans numbers but it could potentially get you in trouble too as a loyal fan.

Agree :thumbright:

One of the 'issues' though, is the propensity for City supporters to "sit (or mainly stand) where we like!" meaning identifying the idiots is often a tough ask, which is why self-govenance amongst the experienced fans is the best way! :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Carlossus » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:47 pm

nothing but stupid morons,hard enough for a lot of decent fans to get tickets and they end up losing out to these idiots. :banghead:
Carlossus

Postby tanky » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:30 am

First game of the season and the idiots are back. Did the referee report it, if he did we are in trouble. they must be identified and given life bans.
tanky

Postby StaffBluebird » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:30 am

This to me is why Away games should be on how many years you'be been a season ticket holder and not based on how many away games you been too. Getting banned for all home games, losing your season ticket and so not being able to see any away games too, would get rid of these tools, no doubt off their heads on Blow too.
StaffBluebird

Postby jimmy_rat » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:15 am

StaffBluebird wrote:This to me is why Away games should be on how many years you'be been a season ticket holder and not based on how many away games you been too. Getting banned for all home games, losing your season ticket and so not being able to see any away games too, would get rid of these tools, no doubt off their heads on Blow too.

Well that's a bit silly. Just ignore any recent fans or fans under 40?!

The current system is fine... When it's not abused!! In theory if the person had been to 7 aways last year they've proven their behaviour.

The only way to stop this is to police it ourselves. Have a word with them, educate, they probably aren't even thinking of the consequences, point that out and I'm sure they'll stop. Our away support is superb, let's not let the 0.1% spoil that.
jimmy_rat

Postby Sven » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:20 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:This to me is why Away games should be on how many years you'be been a season ticket holder and not based on how many away games you been too. Getting banned for all home games, losing your season ticket and so not being able to see any away games too, would get rid of these tools, no doubt off their heads on Blow too.

Well that's a bit silly. Just ignore any recent fans or fans under 40?!

The current system is fine... When it's not abused!! In theory if the person had been to 7 aways last year they've proven their behaviour.

The only way to stop this is to police it ourselves. Have a word with them, educate, they probably aren't even thinking of the consequences, point that out and I'm sure they'll stop. Our away support is superb, let's not let the 0.1% spoil that.

Totally agree! :thumbright:

Away tickets should be based on consistency rather than longevity!

I wouldn't be averse to the introduction of some kind of controllable Away Season Ticket either! :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby T1JMO » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:56 am

Idiots - anyone doing this should be given a lifetime ban.
T1JMO

Next

Return to General Chat