Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The fan or fans that were throwing coins

Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:27 am

If this is true than its disgusting behaviour.

I don’t care who it was that threw them and what age but I’m assuming it was probably a child as they didn’t think of the consequences quite clearly and if they did it makes it even worse. If you’re the person who did this, imagine it hit one of the players in the eye and blinded them or even one of the fans. It’s really dangerous and occasionally I go to matches with elderly family members....and due to being elderly sit in the front row. Imagine you misfired it and it hit one of them or a young child. Seriously it’s out of order. Even if no injuries have occurred it then could cause trouble for the rest of the club. Imagine we are fined or even docked points if it continues......you wouldn’t be laughing then I’m sure. We could loose some of our allocation preventing many fans not being able to get tickets. It’s incredibly selfish. Not to mention the fact that you could get a long ban. I mean I thought these fans going yesterday were the regulars who have done 7 plus aways last season and I can’t imagine any of that lot doing this.

UNLESS someone has given their fan number or ticket to someone else who has not done any games last season at all or something. Who ever it was come on FFS you’ve put a real dampener on the day and if you are lucky enough to get away with it which you shouldn’t due to CCTV etc, don’t do this just bloody enjoy the game!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=199319 :evil:

Re: The fan or fans that were throwing coins

Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:06 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:If this is true than its disgusting behaviour.

I don’t care who it was that threw them and what age but I’m assuming it was probably a child as they didn’t think of the consequences quite clearly and if they did it makes it even worse. If you’re the person who did this, imagine it hit one of the players in the eye and blinded them or even one of the fans. It’s really dangerous and occasionally I go to matches with elderly family members....and due to being elderly sit in the front row. Imagine you misfired it and it hit one of them or a young child. Seriously it’s out of order. Even if no injuries have occurred it then could cause trouble for the rest of the club. Imagine we are fined or even docked points if it continues......you wouldn’t be laughing then I’m sure. We could loose some of our allocation preventing many fans not being able to get tickets. It’s incredibly selfish. Not to mention the fact that you could get a long ban. I mean I thought these fans going yesterday were the regulars who have done 7 plus aways last season and I can’t imagine any of that lot doing this.

UNLESS someone has given their fan number or ticket to someone else who has not done any games last season at all or something. Who ever it was come on FFS you’ve put a real dampener on the day and if you are lucky enough to get away with it which you shouldn’t due to CCTV etc, don’t do this just bloody enjoy the game!

Unfortunately there is a minority hooligan element in the regular away fans e.g. trying to break seats at away grounds, abusing families in their cars driving past after the match etc.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:41 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:If this is true than its disgusting behaviour.

How can you assume ''it was probably a child''?
More like a pissed up moron of an adult!

Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:42 pm

How can you '' assume it was probably a child''.
Quite a few adult, pissed up morons follow city away!
Find them. Ban them for life!
Hate it when elderly people blame children.
Seen plenty of elders behaving badly too so don't always assume it's children to blame.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:46 pm

2 threads on this already

Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:57 pm

RV Casual wrote:2 threads on this already

It's okay; the OP needs the attention; but hints of plagiarism in there, too! ;) :oops:

Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:04 pm

Sven wrote:

It's okay; the OP needs the attention; but hints of plagiarism in there, too! ;) :oops:

Does my head in mate, one of the threads is a sticky, clogs the board above unnecessarily IMO.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:54 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Sven wrote:

Does my head in mate, one of the threads is a sticky, clogs the board above unnecessarily IMO.

He’s nothing but a cry baby too. Always whinging about something.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:28 pm

norms76 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Sven wrote:

Apologies RV for clogging but didn’t see the post about coin throwing on here until after Id posted it. I read it on the other message board.

Norms - whinging? When exactly? How can anyone say that voicing my frustrations about the coin throwing behaviour is whinging. To be honest I see many people on here whinging on a daily basis about irrelevant stuff but this is important. I try to post positive and bring people up when they are down esp about the scores etc. I dont think you know me at all mate.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:24 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:
norms76 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Sven wrote:

Apologies RV for clogging but didn’t see the post about coin throwing on here until after Id posted it. I read it on the other message board.

Norms - whinging? When exactly? How can anyone say that voicing my frustrations about the coin throwing behaviour is whinging. To be honest I see many people on here whinging on a daily basis about irrelevant stuff but this is important. I try to post positive and bring people up when they are down esp about the scores etc. I dont think you know me at all mate.

You’re an attention seeker mate. If there’s a good topic on this forum you always start another similar topic instead of contributing to the original one.

You’ve done it again here. Instead of posting on the original thread about coin throwing (which was a sticky) you decide to make another one with you having a faux outrage about something that’s already being discussed.

look at me, look at me.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:36 am

norms76 wrote:
norms76 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Sven wrote:

You’re an attention seeker mate. If there’s a good topic on this forum you always start another similar topic instead of contributing to the original one.

You’ve done it again here. Instead of posting on the original thread about coin throwing (which was a sticky) you decide to make another one with you having a faux outrage about something that’s already being discussed.

look at me, look at me.

I hadn’t even noticed the other thread on it...yes I should have looked at the board but I saw it written about elsewhere. Just looked back at my recent posts but apart from this one I cannot see where I’ve duplicated something. I’m not quite sure why you are just going for me about this because I notice that its done by many people. Although I agree it clogs up the board but is good because sometimes it gives a slightly different angle or approach to a topic. They are my own words in the post and my own opinion, not got them from elsewhere and in all honesty it was an important topic so if someone’s posted this twice it’ll help get the message out even more so. You can’t know me at all as I’m prob the opposite to an attention seeker and certainly not trying the ‘look at me’ approach. You are intitled to you’re opinion and I’ll make more effort to check next time before creating a new post but what makes me suspicious more that peeps having a go at me when I wonder if I’ve struck abit of a raw nerve in my post....perhaps may know who did the coin throwing? Just a thought.
There’s enough negativity on this board at times and where sometime we all are, I certainly wouldn’t say I’m the main culprit.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:06 am

norms76 wrote:
norms76 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Sven wrote:

look at me, look at me.

I hadn’t even noticed the other thread on it...yes I should have looked at the board but I saw it written about elsewhere. Just looked back at my recent posts but apart from this one I cannot see where I’ve duplicated something. I’m not quite sure why you are just going for me about this because I notice that its done by many people. Although I agree it clogs up the board but is good because sometimes it gives a slightly different angle or approach to a topic. They are my own words in the post and my own opinion, not got them from elsewhere and in all honesty it was an important topic so if someone’s posted this twice it’ll help get the message out even more so. You can’t know me at all as I’m prob the opposite to an attention seeker and certainly not trying the ‘look at me’ approach. You are intitled to you’re opinion and I’ll make more effort to check next time before creating a new post but what makes me suspicious more that peeps having a go at me when I wonder if I’ve struck abit of a raw nerve in my post....perhaps may know who did the coin throwing? Just a thought.
There’s enough negativity on this board at times and where sometime we all are, I certainly wouldn’t say I’m the main culprit.

Touched a nerve? Behave will you. I’m a 42 year old man and wasn’t even at the game on the weekend.

I was around in the late 80’s, early 90’s when that was the norm at most games to see that kind of thing.

There’s no place for it in this day and age and they’ll probably be on camera and will get dealt with.

I don’t feel the need to have a faux outrage about it that’s all. Were you at the game Saturday? If so, why didn’t you speak to the people involved instead of getting on your high horse on here.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:30 am

norms76 wrote:
norms76 wrote:
norms76 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Sven wrote:

look at me, look at me.

Touched a nerve? Behave will you. I’m a 42 year old man and wasn’t even at the game on the weekend.

I was around in the late 80’s, early 90’s when that was the norm at most games to see that kind of thing.

There’s no place for it in this day and age and they’ll probably be on camera and will get dealt with.

I don’t feel the need to have a faux outrage about it that’s all. Were you at the game Saturday? If so, why didn’t you speak to the people involved instead of getting on your high horse on here.

Faux....all that came to mind was my leather jacket lol. Unfortunately I wasn’t at the match (wish I had been though win lose or draw). If I had been there and seen someone do this I without doubt would report them to a steward and so should anyone else. I created this post as it pisses me off that people do this sort of thing and ruin it for others not to mention potential injuries caused by it. I then thought my elderly relatives come sometimes and imagine if it hit one of them. I’d be absolutely livid to be honest, I’m not even worried about myself getting hit but if it hit one of my family members would be fuming. I also then wondered if (only assumptions though) if the person or people aren’t regulars anyway and have just got a ticket through someone else. I’ve supported city through thick and thin over the years and do t want some idiots spoiling it for everyone that’s all for which I’m sure you’ll agree. I also posted it because I thought these people need to be warned. I know it’s not the worst thing to ever happen at a match but if they get away with this it’ll prob continue. Anyways, enjoy the season and I’ll avoid duplicating post as much as poss :thumbright: