Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE DIFFERENCE

Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:32 pm

Between the Premiership and Championship is not so much as higher individual ability on the ball, but the SPEED and THOUGHT
of MOVEMENT with which Prem players have in abundance against the battling quality of Championship players.
I watched MOTD and thought Cardiff gave a good performance against a team in their third season in the Prem and the same as the game I went to Wolves v Everton, we also battled well BUT, even with 10 men, Everton were quicker to the ball, quicker to react, both in defence and attack and that is the MAIN difference.
I understand that spending power can dictate today's modern game, buty only to an extent, Fulham have spent over a £100m and had more possession against Palace yet lost at home 0-2, and once again it was because Palace were quicker on the ball.
I am sure Warnock will galvanise Cardiff and I for one would not bet against Cardiff staying in the prem, hopefully Wolves will too, but it will be a struggle for sure.

Re: THE DIFFERENCE

Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Spot on, players and management alike have to step up to a higher level of play, and an even higher level of thought.

Some will and some won't. The next six or seven games will tell.