Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CAMARASA PLAY HIM

Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:40 pm

Hope camarasa does' nt spend more time on the bench this month we know arter will be on next week but lets give this lad a good run we only have him for a season i've seen a few clips of him he looks like the player we are lacking killer passes to murphy and reid holliet to run onto and can take people on himself a mid fielder running with the ball creates havoc like steve Gerrard used to do . just thinking that he will be a bit slow introducing him and stick with the same format, midfielders tend not to be impact players like strikers and wingers so i feel giving him 20 mins here and there is not the way to go imo prefer to see from kick off and bring him off if he' s flaging, neil May do exactly what i hope and throw him in straight away and say show me what you got after seeing him in trainng but neil does tend to be a bit cautious.

Re: CAMARASA PLAY HIM

Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Agree. Although it’s only been one game I’m sure he ll get his chance, hopefully this week throw him and arter straight in id say. 5 man midfield Murphy and hoilett on the wings, arter Reid and camarasa in midfield,

Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:58 pm

Most people have seen next to nothing of him but happy to throw him straight in. My gut feeling is we won't see much of him, not sure why, think he was what NW referred to as probably not play much.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:05 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Most people have seen next to nothing of him but happy to throw him straight in. My gut feeling is we won't see much of him, not sure why, think he was what NW referred to as probably not play much.

No one knows how good he will be, personally I’m just going on the fact he played for betis and they finished 6th in a good league.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:20 pm

Did have a bit of a butchers on u tube of the guy granted its clips but they look what we need.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:04 am

Loan,with no sale on offer at the end of season,say betis want him,so can't be a bad player (hopefully ) I agree ,play him from start,if he flags,or is poor,bring him off :occasion5:

Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:45 am

He has not had pre season training with the team, I for one thinks he needs to be bedded in gradually for1st couple of games,I feel he may well then stamp some authority in mid field , whatever happens I am sure Neil knows what he is doing.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:39 am

Carlossus wrote:He has not had pre season training with the team, I for one thinks he needs to be bedded in gradually for1st couple of games,I feel he may well then stamp some authority in mid field , whatever happens I am sure Neil knows what he is doing.

I would have gone totally the opposite and played him at least off the bench at Bournemouth. There are only 38 games in a season and we need every bit of extra quality on the pitch. We have not got the strongest squad to have the luxury of leaving players out at will. He is fit, he can, run, pass, shoot and tackle so get him on the pitch. I don’t buy into bedding in, little ‘niggles’ etc. We are playing at the highest level and probably got the weakest squad therefore we need every minute out of our quality players.

First top flight game and players missing: Zohore/Gunnar injured
Arter can’t play against parent club
Casamara ‘rested’
Murphy Best player/goalscorer against Betis started on bench
Richards overlooked for Peltier

I would suggest that straight away a team including the above would have been far more competitive on Saturday. It’s a tough league but you need to start with your best 11!

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:38 am

First top flight game and players missing: Zohore/Gunnar injured
Arter can’t play against parent club
Casamara ‘rested’

I would suggest that straight away a team including the above would have been far more competitive on Saturday. It’s a tough league but you need to start with your best 11![/quote]

I agree with you, but does NW really know his best starting 11 yet?

Its going to take at least six games for us all to work that one out,,, all players being fit of course.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:53 am

I’m look8ng forward to seeing him play and what he’ll bring and do on the pitch. Could be a good loan signing.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:10 am

2blue2handle wrote:Most people have seen next to nothing of him but happy to throw him straight in. My gut feeling is we won't see much of him, not sure why, think he was what NW referred to as probably not play much.

think we just have to trust the manager on this one.. im not assuming he a defo starter either.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:30 am

Here's the classic YouTube highlight reel.

https://youtu.be/E7SNaQWZqBQ

To be fair. Looks to put in a shift, maybe a more attacking CM option than Ralls, would probably be better than Paterson there anyway. He looks to get in the box, very dynamic and can find a pass. Only time will tell, he has a point to prove, depends how much he wants it!

Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:14 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I’m look8ng forward to seeing him play and what he’ll bring and do on the pitch. Could be a good loan signing.

Let's hope so :thumbup:

Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:28 am

Don't think we loaned him to sit on the bench because he could have done that at Betis.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:38 am

Put into context he only played half the games last season for a team who are the spanish equivalent of a Burnley.

He could be very good or he could be very average. Warnock will be able to tell once he gets him into full training. We will know what Warnock thinks of him within 3 weeks. If he starts games he has impressed if he doesnt then he wont be any better than we already have

Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:20 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:

Don't think we loaned him to sit on the bench because he could have done that at Betis.

Im sure Warnock didn't say to him he would but its just my gut instinct.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:23 pm

Chill Winston. We've had one game and he signed last minute! I'm sure he'll play when the time is right it's a long season. He'll need time to bed in. Playing him too soon could be the wrong decision, only Warnock knows.

And these comments about youtube are stupid, I thought we all learned this with Acorn.