Re: Newcastle team

Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:40 pm

Etheridge
Richards manga Morrison Bennett
Camarasa Arter
Murphy Reid Hoilett
Zahore

Bamba Ralls Mendez Cunningham Madine Patterson smithies

This for me, in my opinion, looks a decent squad and is our best side with some decent options on the bench.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:34 am

Not sure how anybody can put Camarasa in the team when pretty much nobody knows a thing about him unless they watched Alaves or Betis consistently the last two years.

He could be awful, he could be world class. We wont know until we see him play at some stage in a game. I certainly wouldnt start him until he has shown his class in training or a part of a game and definatly would not drop Joe Ralls for him on saturday

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:59 pm

thomasblue wrote:Not sure how anybody can put Camarasa in the team when pretty much nobody knows a thing about him unless they watched Alaves or Betis consistently the last two years.

He could be awful, he could be world class. We wont know until we see him play at some stage in a game. I certainly wouldnt start him until he has shown his class in training or a part of a game and definatly would not drop Joe Ralls for him on saturday

As I said in another thread, I like Ralls but Ralls defensively is a liability, I think Camarasa who is supposedly a classy box to box will get in a few more faces, so yes let’s give him a go, if it doesn’t work a fresh faced Ralls comes on with a point to prove.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:13 pm

Jparry wrote:Etheridge
Richards bamba Morrison Bennett
Murphy Reid arter ralls hoilet
Madine
If zohore is fit I'd start him

That's not the Newcastle team.

That's our team. :thumbup:

Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:15 pm

thomasblue wrote:Not sure how anybody can put Camarasa in the team when pretty much nobody knows a thing about him unless they watched Alaves or Betis consistently the last two years.

I hope that before we signed him we'd have had him scouted for some time and be fully aware of his attributes and weaknesses before he signed rather than just asking the Betis manager at the game whether they had any spare players that they didn't want this season!

You make it sound like he's here on trial rather than to strengthen the midfield.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:18 pm

davids wrote:

I hope that before we signed him we'd have had him scouted for some time and be fully aware of his attributes and weaknesses before he signed rather than just asking the Betis manager at the game whether they had any spare players that they didn't want this season!

You make it sound like he's here on trial rather than to strengthen the midfield.

Was he signed to strengthen or to boost numbers ? Who knows.

Warnock said himself he may not get his first choice ( which he didnt ) and may have to supplement the squad.

The fact is nobody knows how good he is or if he is capable of making a impact at this level.

Weve done it before even with Warnock in charge

Lee Tomlin
Signed,hardly played then loaned out.

Andreas Cornelius
Signed and flopped

Omar Bogle
Signed, Hardly played then loaned out.

Lee camp
Most people thought would be #1 and he never played a game

Javi Garcia
Signed from spain never made the grade and was shipped out.

The point is we or Warnock wont really know until he has been with us a few weeks.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:57 pm

thomasblue wrote:
davids wrote:

Warnock said himself he may not get his first choice ( which he didnt ) and may have to supplement the squad.

The fact is nobody knows how good he is or if he is capable of making a impact at this level.

Lee Tomlin

Andreas Cornelius
Signed and flopped

Omar Bogle

Lee camp

Javi Garcia

The point is we or Warnock wont really know until he has been with us a few weeks.

Fair points Thomas. We really need him to provide a bit of quality in the midfield because as Saturday showed it is an area where we need a lot of improvement if we are going to be competitive in this division.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:01 pm

davids wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
davids wrote:

Lee Tomlin

Andreas Cornelius
Signed and flopped

Omar Bogle

Lee camp

Javi Garcia

Fair points Thomas. We really need him to provide a bit of quality in the midfield because as Saturday showed it is an area where we need a lot of improvement if we are going to be competitive in this division.

I really hope so because we need him to be the player we all hope he is.
I just think we need to see him for 30 mins saturday and ease him in slowly. Its a totally different style to what he is used to and language may be a barrier.

If he shines then go full on with him against huddersfield but its a big risk starting him saturday imo

The other signing Harry Arter is a totally different issue. We all know his quality and what he is capable of and imo should start saturday