Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Not a terrible time to play Arsenal

Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:49 am

Obviously our opening few games are a nightmare with back to back to back games against Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea and then Spurs and Liverpool shortly after, but after watching Arsenal against Man City yesterday I think it's good that we've got them at home this early in the league.

For me Arsenal still lack spirit. Ozil and Mkhitaryan are two massive weak links. Mkhitaryan was invisble all game, they may as well have played with 10 men. Ozil looks lethargic and just gives the ball away all the time.

Obviously they have some world class players who can hurt us if we make a mistake but I think we've got a good chance of causing an upset if we can turn the game into a dogfight and create a good atmosphere.

Re: Not a terrible time to play Arsenal

Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:02 pm

I’ll point you back to 13/14 when Ozil and Ramsey absolutely destroyed us ;) . Although, i agree that they did lack spirit. They are still weak at the back,as ever, and i fancy our chances from a set piece but it is a completely new system and style that they’re getting used to so it wouldn’t surprise me if they click and walk all over us.

I guess the one positive about the Premier League is that you can accept the likes of Ozil, Aubameyang and Ramsey walking all over you which makes a change to Cameron f*cking Jerome! :D

Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:59 pm

It's hard to say really. You can't right them off yet, they've not long has a new manager who will more than likely change their style of play which will take them a few months atleast in my humble Opinion. But Warnock has said he has to changeours as Well which is why I think we'll struggle to begin with.

Got a bad feeling they'll win relatively easily.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:08 pm

I’m not sure that judging the performance of Arsenal against a team that took 100 points in the league last year is entirely sensible, to be quite honest...

Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:55 pm

KWest wrote:I’m not sure that judging the performance of Arsenal against a team that took 100 points in the league last year is entirely sensible, to be quite honest...

Exactly. And like I said, they've got a new manager who will change things at arsenal which will take a while. Never know they may won the league! Doubt it but it's slightly possible.

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:05 am

Quite simply we have to push up from the goal kicks as Man City did and they will be lost again new manager wants to play from the back but the players hardly offered themselves for passes which put Cech under massive pressure get into Arsenal’s team early and harass them not giving them time with the ball and they are frail. Biggest worry is Augbameyang(spl?) as he has so much pace he could rip our defence to shreds plus you just know Ramsey will be awesome against us again.

Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:37 am

Slight difference in opposition for them

Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:11 am

Let's be honest I'm sure arsenal are gonna be a lot more of a threat against us than they were with man city. Bournemouth was a fairly easy win for them they controlled bulk of the game and as I'm sure arsenal will