Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY THOUGHTS: AFC BOURNEMOUTH 2-0 CARDIFF

Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:15 pm

MY THOUGHTS:

5 TALKING POINTS FROM THE DEFEAT AGAINST AFC BOURNEMOUTH

1. The Bluebirds Missed Kenneth Zohore
As the big day was looming nearly every fan would put there house on the line that Cardiff star striker Kenneth Zohore would be starting, BUT he caught a small injury before the match and as a result Warnock gave Bobby Reid his debut.

2. Sol Bamba Looked Tired In Midfield
Last season the 33 year old defender took the Bluebirds by storm in defence but on Sataurday he had to compromise a small bit to get Bruno Manga more involved, this as a result looked like a tired effort on the pitch in midfield for Sol Bamba.

3. Callum Paterson Did Not Know What To Do
Love him or hate him he did try to impact the match in some way and even though it was Cardiff's first match this season he gave the ball away a few times and will want to make a improvement in his passing and focus in midfield against Newcastle.

4. Bruno Manga Doe Not Help Himself
OK, to me Manga is a solid defender but he lacks the quality that Bamba and Morrison have and as a result he struggles to turn and tackle a player giving away a penalty against Bournemouth, in future matches I am hoping for Manga to stay on the bench and Bamba and Morrison are the main central defenders.

5. The First Match Was A Step Into The Unknown
The first game in what seemed like a longtime since the bluebirds were in competitive action on the footballing pitch and with a few additions to our squad no one knew how Cardiff will play like, also the performance on the pitch looked promising and that was without Harry Arter in midfield. So let's wait and see how these games come as we need at least 1 win and a draw before the Bluebirds take on Arsenal Chelsea and Man City at the start of September

Re: MY THOUGHTS: AFC BOURNEMOUTH 2-0 CARDIFF

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:31 pm

I agree with all other than the one about manga. Manga is a solid defender and if you watched the game/highlight you will see that was never a penalty! He was quality against Betis and was brilliant against Bournemouth. He deserves his chance in the squad and is probably our most suited CB in the prem just like warnock said.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:45 pm

Bryceyblue wrote:I agree with all other than the one about manga. Manga is a solid defender and if you watched the game/highlight you will see that was never a penalty! He was quality against Betis and was brilliant against Bournemouth. He deserves his chance in the squad and is probably our most suited CB in the prem just like warnock said.

agree..no pen..and out of the 3 mentioned its manga has the most quality..

Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:55 am

Good appraisal but I agree with dogfound and brycee blue on Manga