Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CITY TO PLAY AT WEMBLEY!

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:51 pm

Spurs new Stadium not ready, so trip to Wembley it is! We have lost there too many times! Ha! :laughing6:

Tottenham have confirmed that supporters will receive refunds after two additional home fixtures were move to Wembley Stadium.

The club’s new £850million stadium was due to stage its first official match against Liverpool on September 15, but this game – and the following against Cardiff City on October 6 – have been relocated to Wembley.

Spurs sighted ‘issues with critical safety systems’ as the reason for delaying the grounds grand unveiling.

In a statement released on Tuesday, Spurs announced that refunds would be made available to supporters and apologised to their fans for a ‘delay’ in communicating the news.

The statement read: “As two further matches of the new season will be played at Wembley - on Saturday 15 September against Liverpool, kick-off 12.30pm, and on Saturday 6 October against Cardiff City, kick-off 3pm - all those who have purchased season tickets at the new stadium will be credited 1/19th of the price you have paid for your 2018/19 season ticket for each fixture concerned.

“Full refund amounts for both Liverpool and Cardiff City will be placed into your eticket account automatically in the coming days. To improve on the process used for the Fulham fixture, these funds can either be drawn out from your eticket account by way of a monthly BACS payment or the funds can be held in credit in your account to be used as part payment for next season's Season Ticket.”

Re: SPURS AWAY at Wembley

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:32 pm

damn

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:35 pm

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.c ... dium-delay

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:45 pm

Bigger away allocation now so that’s a positive. We’ll go next season instead. :occasion5:

Re: CITY TO PLAY AT WEMBLEY!

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:47 pm

Anyone know what our away allocation will be.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:53 pm

norms76 wrote:Bigger away allocation now so that’s a positive. We’ll go next season instead. :occasion5:

Apparently not mate, someone posted on here a few weeks ago that they don't give any more than they have to even if there's empty seats and looking at it they have only given Fulhum just over 3,000 for the game on Saturday :shock:

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:56 pm

I'm absolutely devastated with this. :(

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:57 pm

Magners wrote:Anyone know what our away allocation will be.

3,000 according to these

https://www.theticketingbusiness.com/20 ... away-fans/

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leag ... -away-fans

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:58 pm

RV Casual wrote:
norms76 wrote:Bigger away allocation now so that’s a positive. We’ll go next season instead. :occasion5:

Apparently not mate, someone posted on here a few weeks ago that they don't give any more than they have to even if there's empty seats and looking at it they have only given Fulhum just over 3,000 for the game on Saturday :shock:

We’ve got a shit record at Wembley as it is! Giving us only 3k is pathetic, I’d like to think we’d take more than that if we had the option.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:00 pm

norms76 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

We’ve got a shit record at Wembley as it is! Giving us only 3k is pathetic, I’d like to think we’d take more than that if we had the option.

Oh god yeah, I think we would take 7-8,000 if we had the chance maybe more, think most teams would, probably why the don't do it mind, shame all round really

Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:16 pm

norms76 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Nah it’s not I wouldn’t want 8k away fans at my stadium.

I think the top tiers are closed as well.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:36 pm

RV Casual wrote:

i did.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:13 pm

Well that’s shit was looking forward to going to their new stadium will skip this now been the the shithole of Wembley enough times already. Looking forward to visiting Huddersfield though :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:14 pm

Shame really, was looking forward to going to their new stadium - as Norms said, hopefully next season :thumbright:

They got just under 78,000 for their last home game, so a lot of empty seats at Wembley.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:16 pm

phildavies wrote:Well that’s shit was looking forward to going to their new stadium will skip this now been the the shithole of Wembley enough times already. Looking forward to visiting Huddersfield though :ayatollah:

Same here Phil; disappointed ;)

Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:33 am

Was looking forward to their new ground have to think about Wembley hare the place! :old:

Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:56 am

Gutted! best stadium in the UK by far. Appart from ours of course.