Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: What a load of crap

Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:35 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:I don't understand it... If I'm arguing with a ginger lad then i'll call him a ginger fucker... if its someone over weight then ill call him a fat c**t.... you know where i'm going with this...

The world has gone mad and soft.

Out of interest , what would you say to a disabled person that you were ‘arguing with’?
Btw, I do agree that this country has gone soft on many things.

Fighting talk not just a disagreement... but yes I would pick on that particular thing and i'd expect the same back.

My point is - things get said in the heat of the moment, it doesn't mean that person is a racist.

Mate I agree. Really I do. And in fighting talk I’ve said things that are insulting and deffo not pc.
I don’t know, I suppose I’m a person that loves a good joke and I agree that the country has gone pc mad. Just don’t think it’s rught to just insult for the sake of it.

Don't get me wrong , I don't just go up to a fat bloke and tell him he needs to go on a diet or laugh at someone because of skin colour but I have said stuff in the past that some call out of order.
I think everyone has laughed at a joke and if they haven't then they're a boring fucker :laughing6:

Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:36 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:I don't understand it... If I'm arguing with a ginger lad then i'll call him a ginger fucker... if its someone over weight then ill call him a fat c**t.... you know where i'm going with this...

The world has gone mad and soft.

Out of interest , what would you say to a disabled person that you were ‘arguing with’?
Btw, I do agree that this country has gone soft on many things.

Fighting talk not just a disagreement... but yes I would pick on that particular thing and i'd expect the same back.

My point is - things get said in the heat of the moment, it doesn't mean that person is a racist.

Mate I agree. Really I do. And in fighting talk I’ve said things that are insulting and deffo not pc.
I don’t know, I suppose I’m a person that loves a good joke and I agree that the country has gone pc mad. Just don’t think it’s rught to just insult for the sake of it.

I realise that mate. Fair point.
Don't get me wrong , I don't just go up to a fat bloke and tell him he needs to go on a diet or laugh at someone because of skin colour but I have said stuff in the past that some call out of order.
I think everyone has laughed at a joke and if they haven't then they're a boring fucker :laughing6:

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:05 pm

ImNafe wrote:
rossblue wrote:So now you can't criticise someone of a different race without being labelled a racist???

On that note I believe sterling to be a fantastic player, probably the best in the world. And doesn't run like a school girl .

You can criticise the man all you like. But when you criticise someone for buying their mum a house, shopping at Primark and getting a tattoo, seems a bit of a personal attack to me.

It might be 'personal' but that doesn't make it racist :roll:

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:11 pm

ImNafe wrote:So is it not racism, just Sterling's turn?

Probably. However he doesn't help himself that tattoo of a sub machine gun was highly irresponsible. If my Father had been shot dead the last thing I would want to do is glorify the weapon (a gun).

Not only that there is a high proportion of black men killed by firearms in the UK and they all leave relatives behind. Just how insulting must it be for them to see a high profile black player choose a sub machine gun tattoo?

Instead of whinging about other people maybe he should start putting some of his shortcomings right first.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:20 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
ImNafe wrote:So is it not racism, just Sterling's turn?

Probably. However he doesn't help himself that tattoo of a sub machine gun was highly irresponsible. If my Father had been shot dead the last thing I would want to do is glorify the weapon (a gun).

Not only that there is a high proportion of black men killed by firearms in the UK and they all leave relatives behind. Just how insulting must it be for them to see a high profile black player choose a sub machine gun tattoo?

Instead of whinging about other people maybe he should start putting some of his shortcomings right first.

So your saying black people cant have tattoos of guns a bit racist that isn’t it? :lol: :lol:

It’s not racism it’s just the shitty media we have in this country.

Gazza had it

Beckham had it

Rooney had it

Sterling is getting it and some pathetic people are playing the race card.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:19 pm

Things are getting out of hand. It's now becoming an advantage to be a minority, whether that be disabled, mixed race, transgender. Also is the government saying "everyone is all equal" or "We must treat everyone equally". Because it is quite clear that we all aren't equal otherwise there would be no laws to protect against being treated differently.

Everyone has to moan about something. And if women today think sexism is rife , if ethnically minorities think Britain is racist or gays consider Britain prejudice then I'm sorry there is no pleasing some people. We as a nation are not perfect but modern Britain is one of the best examples of diversity and respect between all people's. Yes prejudice will always exist but currently it's the lowest it has ever been.

Sadly it has never been harder to be a white male. But try saying that to anyone and you get laughed at.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:27 pm

rossblue wrote:Things are getting out of hand. It's now becoming an advantage to be a minority, whether that be disabled, mixed race, transgender. Also is the government saying "everyone is all equal" or "We must treat everyone equally". Because it is quite clear that we all aren't equal otherwise there would be no laws to protect against being treated differently.

Everyone has to moan about something. And if women today think sexism is rife , if ethnically minorities think Britain is racist or gays consider Britain prejudice then I'm sorry there is no pleasing some people. We as a nation are not perfect but modern Britain is one of the best examples of diversity and respect between all people's. Yes prejudice will always exist but currently it's the lowest it has ever been.

Sadly it has never been harder to be a white male. But try saying that to anyone and you get laughed at.

ROSS FOR PRESIDENT!!! :laughing5:

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:48 pm

rossblue wrote:Things are getting out of hand. It's now becoming an advantage to be a minority, whether that be disabled, mixed race, transgender. Also is the government saying "everyone is all equal" or "We must treat everyone equally". Because it is quite clear that we all aren't equal otherwise there would be no laws to protect against being treated differently.

I sort of see your point about positive discrimination but how are gay people at an ‘advantage’?
I think that whatever your race, religion, sexual orientation etc etc Everyone should be treated equally and have the same opportunities.
An example of this not happening is my wife who works for Jib Cdntre Plus told me that for certain jobs there’s a checklist to fill in asking ‘are you this or are you that’ and if you are an immigrant you are processed into employment far quicker. That is completely crazy.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:49 pm

ROSS FOR PRESIDENT!!! :laughing5:

With a speech like that he’d get in. NQAT

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:59 pm

rossblue wrote:Things are getting out of hand. It's now becoming an advantage to be a minority, whether that be disabled...

:laughing6: :laughing6: guessing you don't have a disability if you're saying this, ive been involved in working with young adults with physical and mental disabilities and if you think they hold some kind of advantage over you in life that's ridiculous.

on the severe end of the scale they'll probably never get a proper job, create a family etc, cant even leave the house unless they have someone to take them.. Anywhere else on the scale a disability is still a disability and something that person will have to overcome and work around, but the fact that people aren't allowed to say bad things about them like we could in the good old days means they are gaining an advantage over an able bodied white bloke :laughing5:

Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:44 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:
rossblue wrote:Things are getting out of hand. It's now becoming an advantage to be a minority, whether that be disabled...

:laughing6: :laughing6: guessing you don't have a disability if you're saying this, ive been involved in working with young adults with physical and mental disabilities and if you think they hold some kind of advantage over you in life that's ridiculous.

on the severe end of the scale they'll probably never get a proper job, create a family etc, cant even leave the house unless they have someone to take them.. Anywhere else on the scale a disability is still a disability and something that person will have to overcome and work around, but the fact that people aren't allowed to say bad things about them like we could in the good old days means they are gaining an advantage over an able bodied white bloke :laughing5:

:thumbup:

Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:02 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:

No I don't have a "visable disability" but have suffered from mental health issues. When I talk about an advantage in talking about situations that involve a dispute. Of course being wheelchair bound is not an advantage when it comes to most things but it can be harder for an employer to fire someone who has a disability even if it is warranted. Same if two people have a fight , if one is white and the other black we all know who will be portrayed as the racist and who will be the victim regardless of what happens before and during the said altercation.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:04 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I sort of see your point about positive discrimination but how are gay people at an ‘advantage’?
I think that whatever your race, religion, sexual orientation etc etc Everyone should be treated equally and have the same opportunities.
An example of this not happening is my wife who works for Jib Cdntre Plus told me that for certain jobs there’s a checklist to fill in asking ‘are you this or are you that’ and if you are an immigrant you are processed into employment far quicker. That is completely crazy.

Here's a hypothetical one for you and a good example......say u are arguing with a gay guy......he calls you a straight **** and you respond by calling him a gay ****. Who will the police pursue for hate crime statistically??

Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:20 pm

rossblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Here's a hypothetical one for you and a good example......say u are arguing with a gay guy......he calls you a straight **** and you respond by calling him a gay ****. Who will the police pursue for hate crime statistically??

Minorities and all that. I don’t disagree with some of the things you are saying mate and I’m certainly not going to fall out with another City fan when my priority is 3 points on Saturday.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:22 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
rossblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Minorities and all that. I don’t disagree with some of the things you are saying mate and I’m certainly not going to fall out with another City fan when my priority is 3 points on Saturday.

There's nothing to fall out over buddy. It's just one person's social view. Yours may be different to mine , it doesn't matter. But thank God we live in a society where we are allowed to openly discuss things and disagree.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:35 pm

rossblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
rossblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

There's nothing to fall out over buddy. It's just one person's social view. Yours may be different to mine , it doesn't matter. But thank God we live in a society where we are allowed to openly discuss things and disagree.

Absolutely spot on.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:04 pm

Criticism of Sterling is down to his average England performances, and lack of end product.

If certain people think that’s racism, it may indicate another agenda. Ian Wright tends to revel in his ‘shouty geezer’ role, but is
too dim to take seriously.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:27 pm

rossblue wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:

No I don't have a "visable disability" but have suffered from mental health issues. When I talk about an advantage in talking about situations that involve a dispute. Of course being wheelchair bound is not an advantage when it comes to most things but it can be harder for an employer to fire someone who has a disability even if it is warranted. Same if two people have a fight , if one is white and the other black we all know who will be portrayed as the racist and who will be the victim regardless of what happens before and during the said altercation.

Yes but...for years and years it’s been the opposite! A black person would have been more likely to have been arrested and assumed guilty in the past (not the so distant past) I’m not saying in every case but assumptions would have been made based on their race which is crazy as it has nothing to do with whether they are a good or bad person. The same for gay people. For years and years they have always been made out to be wrong, not a valid part of society, even physically assaulted or verbally abused leaving scars that will never heal. This is years and years of abuse and now people are complaining About having to say the right thing - seriously! You aren’t going to get locked up or police cautioned as long as you’re considerate and don’t use things in a derogatory way. Being straight has been viewed the norms of society for years and probably a huge advantage over gay people and the same goes for race. Equal is good but it probably feels like it’s going the other way as people aren’t used to it! Have some consideration mate for these people who have suffered years of abuse and resulted in mental heath issues like you’ve had yourself mate. Imagine not being able to be yourself or told you are disgusting for a big part of you’re life. You would feel angry and this is probably what’s happening. All I’m saying mate is give people time to heal, it’ll settle down Adventurely. Rant over :D

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:32 pm

Just to add to my comment above...yes there are occasions when some people may use it to their advantage however this is a small number of people and is very wrong. These people should be ashamed of themselves and don’t reflect others in their minority group.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:33 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:
rossblue wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:

Yes but...for years and years it’s been the opposite! A black person would have been more likely to have been arrested and assumed guilty in the past (not the so distant past) I’m not saying in every case but assumptions would have been made based on their race which is crazy as it has nothing to do with whether they are a good or bad person. The same for gay people. For years and years they have always been made out to be wrong, not a valid part of society, even physically assaulted or verbally abused leaving scars that will never heal. This is years and years of abuse and now people are complaining About having to say the right thing - seriously! You aren’t going to get locked up or police cautioned as long as you’re considerate and don’t use things in a derogatory way. Being straight has been viewed the norms of society for years and probably a huge advantage over gay people and the same goes for race. Equal is good but it probably feels like it’s going the other way as people aren’t used to it! Have some consideration mate for these people who have suffered years of abuse and resulted in mental heath issues like you’ve had yourself mate. Imagine not being able to be yourself or told you are disgusting for a big part of you’re life. You would feel angry and this is probably what’s happening. All I’m saying mate is give people time to heal, it’ll settle down Adventurely. Rant over :D

So what you are saying is that today's generation who are the most liberal and tolerant that this nation has ever seen is being somehow punished by proxy for the prejudices that our ancestors subjected people to. That's about ad immoral as it gets.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:37 pm

rossblue wrote:
rossblue wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:

So what you are saying is that today's generation who are the most liberal and tolerant that this nation has ever seen is being somehow punished by proxy for the prejudices that our ancestors subjected people to. That's about ad immoral as it gets.

I think you’ve completely missed the point mate. How are you being punished? All you’re being asked to do is be considerate hardly punishment! Look you know what I mean and let’s just agree to disagree. We’ve got an important match to worry about on Saturday now! I presume your season ticket has arrived now? :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:25 pm

I'm happy to agree to disagree. Can't wait for the season to progress

Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:16 pm

Identity politics and the postmodern concept of intersectionality is starting to reach its peak - it scares the shit out of me but I do think it will inevitably end up eating itself as the circle of purity by necessity has to constantly to shrink - which by the logic of the progressives spouting this kind of nonsense - has to continue to happen and the speed at which it happens will increase as the circle gets smaller.

We live in the most open, fair and equal society that has ever existed in our reference frame of history.

Calling out Raheem Sterling for shopping in Primark is not racist. It's just calling him out for shopping in Primark.
:ayatollah:

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:14 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:Identity politics and the postmodern concept of intersectionality is starting to reach its peak - it scares the shit out of me but I do think it will inevitably end up eating itself as the circle of purity by necessity has to constantly to shrink - which by the logic of the progressives spouting this kind of nonsense - has to continue to happen and the speed at which it happens will increase as the circle gets smaller.

We live in the most open, fair and equal society that has ever existed in our reference frame of history.

Calling out Raheem Sterling for shopping in Primark is not racist. It's just calling him out for shopping in Primark.

You've nailed it mate

Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:03 pm

rossblue wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:Identity politics and the postmodern concept of intersectionality is starting to reach its peak - it scares the shit out of me but I do think it will inevitably end up eating itself as the circle of purity by necessity has to constantly to shrink - which by the logic of the progressives spouting this kind of nonsense - has to continue to happen and the speed at which it happens will increase as the circle gets smaller.

You've nailed it mate

I agree.
Oh ... and he runs like a little gay.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:58 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
rossblue wrote:

You've nailed it mate

I agree.

And people were saying things like “we live in the most open, fair society that has ever existed”. Well it didn’t take long for that to be thrown out the window! Grow up!

Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:12 pm

rossblue wrote:

You've nailed it mate

I agree.

And people were saying things like “we live in the most open, fair society that has ever existed”. Well it didn’t take long for that to be thrown out the window! Grow up!

I think it was meant as a joke tbh.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:15 pm

rossblue wrote:
rossblue wrote:

You've nailed it mate

I agree.

I think it was meant as a joke tbh.

It was Joey!
The pricks got no sense of humour.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:17 pm

rossblue wrote:

You've nailed it mate

I agree.

Why don't you make me?

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:18 pm

rossblue wrote:

You've nailed it mate

I agree.

Why don't you make me?

:laughing5: