Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Victor Camarasa / Neil Warnock '

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:30 pm

The expert view on what Victor Camarasa will bring to Cardiff City

By Ian Mitchelmore

Thursday 16th August 2018

Victor Camarasa became Cardiff City's fifth signing of the summer transfer window when he joined on a season-long loan deal from Real Betis on transfer deadline day.

The Spaniard still has four years left on his current contract with the La Liga outfit, but will look to impress with the Bluebirds during the course of the 2018/19 campaign to bolster his chances of featuring for Los Verdiblancos next term.

But what exactly are Camarasa's strengths and what will he bring to Cardiff City Stadium?

Here's a closer look.

What did Camarasa say before his move to South Wales?

Speaking in March, Camarasa told Real Betis' official website: "I’ve got to be honest, I feel great at a physical level.

"Perhaps I haven’t been at my best this season, I know it. I’m the fiercest critic with myself and I don’t need anybody else to come and tell me. I’m happy here.

"I have a contract with Real Betis and I’m happy. I can’t ask for anything else, except to play better.

"I’m young, I’ve got a lot to learn. I’m learning and I’ve got room for improvement. I want to get to my best level here and I think I will.”

Victor Camarasa in numbers

2017/18 (Real Betis) - 26 appearances, 1 goal

2016/17 (Alaves) - 37 appearances, 3 goals

2015/16 (Levante) - 34 appearances, 2 goals

2014/15 (Levante) - 28 appearances, 2 goals

2013/14 (Levante) - 3 appearances, 0 goals

(all competitions)

What's the view from Spain on Camarasa?

We spoke to Javier de Paz - a football journalist for AS - to find out what Camarasa will bring to the party.

"Camarasa is an exciting box-to-box midfielder with a good touch," said Javier.

"He made his debut for Levante at a young age, and he was certainly one of the most promising pearls in Spain at the time.

"But his progress ended up stagnating and he left the club when they were relegated from La Liga.

"Although it initially appears Quique Setien does not count on him at Real Betis, he has only been allowed to leave on loan because he is still an important player for the future of the club.

"He's only 24 years of age and his loan spell with Cardiff could help him develop and continue to learn as a footballer.

"He is tall and is very measured and calculated when playing the ball, so I think it's a fantastic signing for a team like Cardiff.

"I think he can have a good contribution in the Premier League."

What has Neil Warnock said about the Spaniard?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"He played on Friday at Bournemouth (a friendly) and was mentioned to me before that," said the Yorkshireman before his side's opening day clash with Bournemouth.

"We had someone at the game at Bournemouth, talked to him at great length and then looked beyond that.

"Once we knew he was considering coming to us it became a whole new ball game because he's a good player.

"He's got something to prove. He wants to show Real Betis what he can do. He's at a lovely age. He can play and he's comfortable on the ball as well which you've got to do in the Premier League.

"He wanted to stay loyal to the club.

"I'm not saying it's wrong, but sometimes the passing Real Betis do, and Arsenal have done it for years, it doesn't suit certain styles.

"He wants to be making runs into the box and having shots and tackling so that suits the way we play."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Victor Camarasa / Neil Warnock '

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:49 pm

He's had a full pre season. He is talented. He has La Liga experience.

GET HIM IN THE TEAM NOW NEIL :bluescarf:

Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:38 pm

Danny Says wrote:He's had a full pre season. He is talented. He has La Liga experience.

GET HIM IN THE TEAM NOW NEIL :bluescarf:

Have to agree.
People talking about bedding him in and treating him carefully etc. If he’s fit throw him in and see what he can do because we are not blessed with quality in the midfield by any means.
I think Warnock may start him from the bench on Saturday.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:48 pm

Wrong picture :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:14 pm

I think all the players we have signed recently will make an impact during the coming season

Smithies, Cunningham and Arter will probably be solid and not let us down at all

Reid and Murphy will both be exciting and game changers but probably inconsistent

I have my doubts about whether the Spaniard will make any sort of impression...hope he proves me wrong

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:34 pm

Bananas wrote:Wrong picture :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

How amazing is it that he looks like Bobby Reid's twin brother?

Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:13 pm

Bananas wrote:Wrong picture :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

That's the South Wales tan mate.