Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just found this absolute gem!!

Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:31 pm

Our first ever promotion during my lifetime. Fantastic memories during my favourite ever era. Look at the characters in that team, look how much we wanted it, every player throwing himself into every tackle! Look at the number of crunching tackles in the build up to our second goal. There was no way we was going to fail to finish the job off! Eddie May's barmy army! :ayatollah:

Re: Just found this absolute gem!!

Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:50 am

Yes it was good ,but different era and Lowe leagues

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:03 am

Loved that season and still probably the best season ever watching Cardiff & Eddie Mays Barmy Army!

The fans were traveling away in huge numbers and getting 18/9k crowds at Ninian Park in the bottom division was fantastic.

Can’t believe it’s 25 years ago though. :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:08 am

Yea , doesn't time fly

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:19 am

Thanks for sharing this as I’ve never seen those goals in my life until today.

I was on my way to watch Coventry at home (can’t remember opposition) as Tim Blake (older cousin of former Cardiff player Darcy) used to play for my local team, Jubilee Youth. Tim was a centre back on the books at Coventry who were then a top tier team, so we had an arrangement where we’d go up for their last home game of the season. Unfortunately injury ended his career at about 18/19 years of age having played for Wales school boys at every age.

I remember seeing loads of Cardiff fans on our travels and we were getting everyone to do the ayatollah from the back of our bus by imitating the gesture ourselves. One lorry driver took exception, probably due to the fact he wasn’t a Cardiff fan and his hair had receded quicker than the French Army. He angrily put his fingers up at us. :lol:

A memorable era due to the success and the fact I was an impressionable age. Good times!

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:25 am

Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:13 am

papa wrote:Image

:thumbup: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:49 am

never seen this before..so thanks.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:15 am

No me neither excellent stuff

Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:05 pm

Doesn't time fly. I was there. Wewent on a mini bus and it was stacked with beer.The police would not let us take it past a certain point so we stopped and asked a man in his garden if he would keep it for us until we returned after the game. He did and we gave he pack of beer as a thank you. What a great trip. Thank you to the man in the garden.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:16 pm

Playing in red.

Wtaf

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:19 pm

A glimpse into the future lol

Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:04 pm

my favourite season great times :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:38 am

Great day and great times *uck modern football !