Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Let's get real here - Away Tickets!!!

Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:48 pm

Any ST fan who has 4 or more aways last season to their name is more or less guaranteed a ticket to our next 4 away games.....and rightly so IMO.

I only made 3 on my fan number so have nothing to complain about.......and I'm not. I was extemely lucky to get a Bournemouth ticket about 30 minutes before the game, right place right time. But I would not have complained if I was still sitting in a Bournemouth pub during the match.

The next stage is what happens in the next batch of aways, and what will the criteria be? I for one will be buying a Huddersfield ticket tomorrow, can't make the game as I'm at the Dorset Steam Fair, an annual event for my family, but I will buy a ticket nonetheless. Why? in the hope that I will get on the ladder for the next batch.

I can make the Chelsea and Spurs games and hope to have the opportunity to purchase those tickets (I'm guaranteed a Chelsea ticket come what may as a qualifying mate is on hols, but before accepting I will try and get a ticket on my fan number).

Bit long winded but the point I'm trying to make is that getting on the ladder is key. It's so obvious by all the posts along the lines of "got an away ticket but can't make it". Let's get real here, anyone with half a brain can see the score, all I would say is if you really want to see an away game and can't get a ticket, go anyway, you may well find a few spares outside the ground.