Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING: ' NEIL WARNOCK TODAY UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS '

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:47 am

NEIL WARNOCK UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS TODAY IN HIS WEEKLY PRESS CONFERANCE :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

NEIL WARNOCK:

“It’s an exciting time for everyone at the club, it’s going to be a cracking crowd, nearly a full house and it’s what we’ve been striving for.
When I came to the club, they’d thought I was in cloud cuckoo land if you’d said we’d be playing in front of a full house.
Newcastle are a good club, they’ve got some good players and a good following. Rafa’s done a good job and it promises to be a good atmosphere all round.”

On players leaving on loan

NEIL WARNOCK:

"That’ll be decided before the end of the month. I’ve let certain players speak to clubs. One of the clubs wanted a player on loan to be on the bench tomorrow. I don’t know if that will come off but nobody’s going for definite yet."

Warnock on loan exits

On Kenneth Zohore

NEIL WARNOCK:

"He’s training fully today and we’ll make an assessment this afternoon. I hope he can be on the bench and then we’ll see if there’s a reaction in the morning."

On facing Newcastle

NEIL WARNOCK:

"From their point of view every club will think it’s a winnable game playing Cardiff, it’s just how it’s going to be this year. We’ve got to improve and use the full squad best we can and we’ve got to take on board how exciting it is for the fans."

On the Cardiff City fans

NEIL WARNOCK"

"They’ve been on this remarkable journey and it’s turned a full cycle, the whole club. They’ve played a big part, not just at home but the away fans as well. The CCS is an intimidating place, the Welsh anthem sends a shiver down my spine and I’m an Englishman! "

"And the Geordies as well, they’re unbelievable with 50,000 every week when they haven’t won anything in a long-time! We’ve love to be in their boat where they’ve established themselves at the top level but we’ve got work to do to get there."

:bluebird: :bluebird: ' FOLLOW ALL NEIL WARNOCKS UPDATES BELOW ' :bluebird: :bluebird:

On proving a point

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I already know it’d be 100 times anything I’ve done in my career to keep up in the league. I’m in the game for days like tomorrow, I’ve got goose-pimples thinking about it now. The fans have been pivotal in my 8th promotion and I want to repay them with some enjoyment."

"Because at the stage of my career and the financial situation we’re dealing with makes me more determined. We all have to work harder and put more of a shift in. Some of the visitors to our stadium have a bus for the staff! But hey ho it’s 11 v 11, 30,000 Cardiff fans… we’ve got to look forward to this."

Warnock on Chris Sutton and the critics
On Chris Sutton

"I think it was a bit tongue in cheek. You guys pick on little things and I suppose Chris was playing to the audience. It’d be nice to get to 12 points I must admit but there are more pressing things right now! I’m afraid that comes with the territory."

On learning from Bournemouth

NEIL WARNOCK:

"That we’ve got nothing to be afraid of. We had to improve the team from last week and we can do that with players come in. The next couple of games will show us more, but we were in the game until the end at Bournemouth and despite the critics, I was quite pleased with it really. We had to gamble at the death."

"I think we’re capable of getting results against anyone at home and then pinch one or two away."

On Harry Arter

NEIL WARNOCK:

"You’ll definitely see him in the 18. He’s such an effervescent character. He’s full of beans on the training ground, I think they paid £4,000 for him a few years ago and he just wants to play football. We’re delighted to have him, and I think he can give us another dimension. I think Victor can too when he gets up to tempo."

On clean sheet targets

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I think Blacky and Ron talk about how many we need, people talk about how many wins we need but I don’t really look beyond the next game. I’m pleased we haven’t got midweek games until December, apart from the cup games. That’s good for me as there’s more to do. When I look at the Championship I’m just so happy we’re in the Premier League."

Warnock on a clean sheet target
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' NEIL WARNOCK '

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:47 am

:bluebird:

On Newcastle's weaknesses

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I think that’s a bit of hot air. If you look at their squad and their players, they’ve improved from last year and they finished 10th last year. So I don’t know how much more they could improve. I think that’s a bit tongue-in-cheek and I think Mike Ashley is an easy target ‘let’s blame him."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:49 am

On proving a point

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I already know it’d be 100 times anything I’ve done in my career to keep up in the league. I’m in the game for days like tomorrow, I’ve got goose-pimples thinking about it now. The fans have been pivotal in my 8th promotion and I want to repay them with some enjoyment."

"Because at the stage of my career and the financial situation we’re dealing with makes me more determined. We all have to work harder and put more of a shift in. Some of the visitors to our stadium have a bus for the staff! But hey ho it’s 11 v 11, 30,000 Cardiff fans… we’ve got to look forward to this."

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:49 am

Injury latest :bluebird:

On Kenneth Zohore

NEIL WARNOCK:

"He’s training fully today and we’ll make an assessment this afternoon. I hope he can be on the bench and then we’ll see if there’s a reaction in the morning."

Some injury updates on Kenneth Zohore and Aron Gunnarsson after both missed last week’s opening day defeat at Bournemouth.

Zohore, who suffered a groin strain, is expected to return on August 18 v Newcastle United and Gunnarsson, who missed the clash with the Cherries with a knee injury, is expected to return on August 25 away at Huddersfield.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:53 am

Warnock on Chris Sutton and the critics
On Chris Sutton

"I think it was a bit tongue in cheek. You guys pick on little things and I suppose Chris was playing to the audience. It’d be nice to get to 12 points I must admit but there are more pressing things right now! I’m afraid that comes with the territory."

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:57 am

There is still some movement expected in the loan transfer window.

Lee Tomlin and Anthony Pilkington are some of those expected to be leaving the club on a temporary basis, but it doesn't look like Tomlin will be returning to Nottingham Forest with Aitor Karanka all but ruling out the move

Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:21 am

On learning from Bournemouth

NEIL WARNOCK:

"That we’ve got nothing to be afraid of. We had to improve the team from last week and we can do that with players come in. The next couple of games will show us more, but we were in the game until the end at Bournemouth and despite the critics, I was quite pleased with it really. We had to gamble at the death."

"I think we’re capable of getting results against anyone at home and then pinch one or two away."

Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:21 am

On Harry Arter

NEIL WARNOCK:

"You’ll definitely see him in the 18. He’s such an effervescent character. He’s full of beans on the training ground, I think they paid £4,000 for him a few years ago and he just wants to play football. We’re delighted to have him, and I think he can give us another dimension. I think Victor can too when he gets up to tempo."

Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:22 am

Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:46 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

“It’s an exciting time for everyone at the club, it’s going to be a cracking crowd, nearly a full house and it’s what we’ve been striving for.
When I came to the club, they’d thought I was in cloud cuckoo land if you’d said we’d be playing in front of a full house.
Newcastle are a good club, they’ve got some good players and a good following. Rafa’s done a good job and it promises to be a good atmosphere all round.”

Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:54 am

On facing Newcastle

NEIL WARNOCK:

"From their point of view every club will think it’s a winnable game playing Cardiff, it’s just how it’s going to be this year. We’ve got to improve and use the full squad best we can and we’ve got to take on board how exciting it is for the fans."

Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:56 am

On the Cardiff City fans

NEIL WARNOCK"

"They’ve been on this remarkable journey and it’s turned a full cycle, the whole club. They’ve played a big part, not just at home but the away fans as well. The CCS is an intimidating place, the Welsh anthem sends a shiver down my spine and I’m an Englishman! "

"And the Geordies as well, they’re unbelievable with 50,000 every week when they haven’t won anything in a long-time! We’ve love to be in their boat where they’ve established themselves at the top level but we’ve got work to do to get there."

Re: BREAKING: ' NEIL WARNOCK TODAY UPDATES '

Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:06 am

On Newcastle's last match

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Tottenham are one of the best clubs in the country and they had opportunities to get a result. Newcastle like us make it a fortress at home and it’s one of those things that we’re now both looking for points."

Warnock on Newcastle v Tottenham

Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:07 am

On Rafa Benitez

NEIL WARNOCK:

"You’ve only got to look at what the fans are saying. But the one person Newcastle can’t afford to lose is Rafa. He’s in his last year now and it’ll be interesting to see how that develops cos he’ll be targeted around the world I’m sure. We’ve met a few times since that. I was talking to Craig Bellamy because he played in that game for Liverpool."

"Everybody’s got players who can change the game now. When I came I don’t think my missus could have changed the game!"

"We’ve got as much chance of beating Arsenal as Newcastle, but I don’t’ worry too much at home about anyone. Away from home I think we’re capable of getting results. I understand there’s game more difficult than others but everyone is difficult to us. I was pleased to get the opening week, disappointed about the goals but from a manager’s point of view, it was nice to see us in the game until the death."

Warnock on Rafa Benitez and changing the game

Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:09 am

On players leaving on loan

NEIL WARNOCK:

"That’ll be decided before the end of the month. I’ve let certain players speak to clubs. One of the clubs wanted a player on loan to be on the bench tomorrow. I don’t know if that will come off but nobody’s going for definite yet. "

Warnock on loan exits

Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:11 am

On Josh Murphy

NEIL WARNOCK:

"He’s got to learn to do other things in his game and he’s a lovely lad who wants to work. Murph really wants to please me and the fans, every training session. You know Peltier and Loic Damour are going to kick him, but you want players like that. Him and Bobby Reid are a breath of fresh air. I think he’ll improve away from home when we ask him to do the defensive side. I think he’ll learn that."

Re: BREAKING: ' NEIL WARNOCK TODAY UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS

Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:15 am

On clean sheet targets

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I think Blacky and Ron talk about how many we need, people talk about how many wins we need but I don’t really look beyond the next game. I’m pleased we haven’t got midweek games until December, apart from the cup games. That’s good for me as there’s more to do. When I look at the Championship I’m just so happy we’re in the Premier League."

Re: BREAKING: ' NEIL WARNOCK TODAY UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS

Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:01 pm

Crafty Warnock cleverly gets under Newcastle’s skin

Friday August 17, 2018

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock’s longstanding feud with Rafa Benítez is well renowned and has lasted over a decade, but the candid manager from Yorkshire has had another swipe at his Spanish counterpart in a very clever move.

In a press conference, Warnock claimed that Newcastle owner Mike Ashley was an easy target after the club’s summer spending debacle. This comes after Benítez has frequently questioned his board’s motives over the summer, which saw Newcastle come out with a £2om profit.

This was a very clever move to besmirch his rival, effectively questioning his quality as a manager. This will put the Champions League-winning manager under pressure when he heads to the Cardiff City Stadium tomorrow lunchtime.

The Cardiff manager’s comments also will continue to create discontent amongst Newcastle fans, who have not hidden their dissatisfaction with Ashley this summer. These comments could potentially create a rift between The Magpies’ fans, loading pressure on Benítez’s position at the club.

Also, by effectively cozying up to the owner, Warnock could be eyeing a potential job in the northeast. Benítez may not hang around at a club that he feels offer him nothing financially, and they may go their separate ways. Comments like these will do Warnock a lot of favours, as he may be hoping to fill the void left if the Spaniard leaves.

Despite Warnock’s gamesmanship, Newcastle should still hope to overcome the newly promoted Cardiff, who are many people’s favourite to finish rock bottom this year. Despite what may seem out of control behind the scenes for Benítez, he can do his talking on the pitch.