Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Mark Lawrenson’s prediction for tomorrow “

Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:15 am

Via BBC Sport :thumbright:

Mark Lawrenson is making predictions for all 380 top-flight matches this season, against a variety of guests.

His guest this week is singer Tom Grennan.

Lawro’s Prediction

I thought Cardiff would put up a little bit more resistance than they did in their defeat at Bournemouth on the opening weekend.

But what happened there has probably given them an indication of the gulf between the Championship and the Premier League.

I would expect Neil Warnock's side to make things a lot more difficult for Newcastle in their first home game back in the top flight, though.

And the Bluebirds fans will play a part too - they have to, because Cardiff's home form is going to play a huge role in their survival fight.

I cannot see many goals in this, but the dynamic between the two managers is going to be great to watch, because Warnock and Magpies boss Rafael Benitez have a bit of history.

Newcastle also lost their first game of the season, at home to Tottenham, but they put in a decent performance and I don't see them struggling this season. Cardiff are a different story, though.

1-1.

Tom’s Prediction: 2-1