' Lee Tomlin not rated or wanted '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:05 pm

‘I’m not surprised’ – Karanka makes Forest decision on PL attacking midfielder: The verdict

Nottingham Post

Friday 17th August 2018

The Nottingham Post reports that Nottingham Forest are not in the market to bring Lee Tomlin back to the City Ground.

Forest boss Aitor Karanka has indicated his squad is ‘complete’ with at least 25 players ready to provide competition and quality in every position on the pitch.

So was Karanka right to pass on Tomlin? Would he have been a good signing for Forest?

We discuss…..

Gary Hutchinson

Why on earth would they be?

I saw some rumours linking them and I nearly spat my tea out over my laptop at £30,000 a week wages.

Lee Tomlin, with the greatest of respect, is a bottom half striker at best.

Nottingham Forest are gunning for promotion and have been buying very good players all summer.

This was always one to avoid and it is no shock they’ve chosen that option.

Jay Taylor

Are 13 new signings not enough?

Despite being on loan with Nottingham Forest last term, the Cardiff man is now out-of-favour for the newly promoted side.

If Forest wanted him back they would have gone in for him during the summer, the fact they did not speaks volumes.

The calibre of player that Aitor Karanka has acquired is far superior to what the former Peterborough man possesses.

Tomlin probably needs Forest more than Forest need him.

Sam Rourke

I’m not surprised.

Forest have strengthened considerably in the midfield and attacking areas, and Tomlin would have struggled to get into the starting XI.

He’d have been a superb option off of the bench, but it seems Karanka felt it was not worth pursuing.

George Dagless

Probably isn’t actually that surprising.

Forest have signed a mass of attacking players – they don’t need Tomlin now.

I thought that they might go for him at the start of the summer but now it makes sense to not be interested.
Attachments
JMP_BCFC_Return_to_Training_RT0612.jpg
JMP_BCFC_Return_to_Training_RT0612.jpg (93.69 KiB) Viewed 2631 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Lee Tomlin not rated or wanted '

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:17 pm

Is it just me? He looks in very good shape when at forest? Perhaps he had set his heart on staying with them??looks like it has slapped him in the face,if he was,now we have an expensive cup player at best!! Pay 60% of his wage,and send him elsewhere??.
bluesince62

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:26 pm

Cardiff City attacker Lee Tomlin's future no closer to being resolved as Nottingham Forest not interested on the current wage

He is surplus to requirements at Cardiff

Bristol live

Friday 17th August 2018

By David Byrom

Former Bristol City man Lee Tomlin's future is no closer to being resolved.

The former Robin left Ashton Gate for Severnside rivals Cardiff City last summer but made just 13 appearances before being shipped out loan to Nottingham Forest for the second half of the season.

He recaptured some of his best form at the City Ground, netting four goals in 15 league games before returning to the Bluebirds, who had won promotion to the Premier League without him.

Neil Warnock's recruitment this summer, including the signing of Bobby Reid from the Robins, have made Tomlin surplus to requirements in the Welsh capital, and Forest had been linked with a return move for the player.

Yet Tomlin received a significant wage hike due to Cardiff's promotion, creating a stumbling block for any club that wanted to sign him.

In the meantime, Forest went about the rest of their transfer business - and it was so extensive that manager Aitor Karanka says they now no longer need the ex City man.

“We have almost 30 players in the squad, so I prefer to focus on the players who I have in the squad,” said Karanka, when asked by Nottinghamshire Live if there was any lingering interest in Tomlin. “We have two weeks of the window left, but the squad is complete now.

“Today, after the last game, no, it is not something we are thinking about.

“On August 31, five minutes before the deadline, if something surprising happens, who knows. But for today, no, I don’t think it is something we would look at.”

Tomlin's hopes of playing in the Premier League this season, though, are virtually nonexistent after he was not included in Cardiff's 25-man squad for the new campaign.

Whilst that could change if the Bluebirds lose any players before August 31 - he was edged out of the 25th slot by Kadeem Harris - it appears his future lies away from Cardiff.

Where that will be, though, remains a mystery.
Attachments
GettyImages-884529484.jpg
GettyImages-884529484.jpg (33.84 KiB) Viewed 2354 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Llan_Blue » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:32 pm

Somebody will take him.

Be a decent player for a lot of clubs
Llan_Blue

Postby troobloo3339 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:38 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Somebody will take him.

Be a decent player for a lot of clubs

Just a poor adam le fondre all over again
Will just piss about collecting his ridiculous wage of 30k a week while we are in the premier league
That will drop if we go down then he might f..k off somewhere else
troobloo3339

Postby Walinoz » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:57 pm

Think he offers more than Harris
Walinoz

Postby caerblue » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:37 pm

Bad signing by Warnock,not sure whats gone on,dont think its all down to his football ability,weren't no secret when he was with bristol his fitness and sometimes attitude were bad
caerblue

Postby troobloo3339 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:13 am

Walinoz wrote:Think he offers more than Harris

IMO no he does not Harris allways gives 100%
Harris has pace and you need pace in the premier league
And Harris is probably earning somewhere between a third / quarter of what Tomlinson earning
troobloo3339

Postby troobloo3339 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:21 am

troobloo3339 wrote:
Walinoz wrote:Think he offers more than Harris

IMO no he does not Harris allways gives 100%
Harris has pace and you need pace in the premier league
And Harris is probably earning somewhere between a third / quarter of what Tomlinson earning

Also Tomlin is not a winger
So he would be up against ralls arter camarasa gunnerson Patterson demour and Reid for a midfield/ no 10 position
troobloo3339

Return to General Chat