Premier League

Bournemouth 2 Cardiff City 0

Crowd 10,353 Away Support(1,211).

Re: The Crowd last week

Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Premier League

How they can afford the big fees and wages they pay out for players with those crap crowds without getting in trouble with ffp is boyond me.

You’d think they’d think about expanding their ground or even building a new stadium now they’ve been a PL club for a few years.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:26 pm

norms76 wrote:

How they can afford the big fees and wages they pay out for players with those crap crowds without getting in trouble with ffp is boyond me.

You’d think they’d think about expanding their ground or even building a new stadium now they’ve been a PL club for a few years.

Norms, it’s incredible how well they have done on such terrible support, they never sold out against us.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
norms76 wrote:

Norms, it’s incredible how well they have done on such terrible support, they never sold out against us.

Must have a good accountant. ;)

Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:32 pm

Article last week that over half the clubs in the Premier League last season would have made a profit even with an empty stadium.

With the money from TV, clubs don’t have to rely on crowd figures anymore.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:39 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Article last week that over half the clubs in the Premier League last season would have made a profit even with an empty stadium.

Thought that was the top 6 teams they were talking about? I might be wrong, but the TV money being banded about these days is crazy and going to get bigger now the big internet companies want in, Amazon being the first. Google and Facebook are said to be sniffing about too.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:54 pm

norms76 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Article last week that over half the clubs in the Premier League last season would have made a profit even with an empty stadium.

Thought that was the top 6 teams they were talking about? I might be wrong, but the TV money being banded about these days is crazy and going to get bigger now the big internet companies want in, Amazon being the first. Google and Facebook are said to be sniffing about too.

According to the BBC article, this is the profit these 11 clubs would have made with empty stadiums:

Leicester - £76.03m
West Brom - £33.03m
Burnley - £21.46m
Southampton - £19.10m
Everton - £16.60m
West Ham - £14.87m
Tottenham - £12.55m
Bournemouth - £9.46m
Swansea - £5.89m
Crystal Palace - £1.21m

Full link to article here if anyone’s interested https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44850888 :thumbright:

Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:11 pm

norms76 wrote:

Ticket sales mean bugger all to most clubs in the PL, which is why it’s such a joke how much some clubs charge.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:22 pm

norms76 wrote:

They are building a new one soon.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:30 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
norms76 wrote:

According to the BBC article, this is the profit these 11 clubs would have made with empty stadiums:

Leicester - £76.03m
West Brom - £33.03m
Burnley - £21.46m
Southampton - £19.10m
Everton - £16.60m
West Ham - £14.87m
Tottenham - £12.55m
Bournemouth - £9.46m
Swansea - £5.89m
Crystal Palace - £1.21m

Full link to article here if anyone’s interested https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44850888 :thumbright:

Bloody heck, who needs supporters any more? :shock: