Re: Zahore Can't Head Shit

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:23 pm

He's not a Prem striker not by a million miles

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:32 pm

Work rate shocking...

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:32 pm

To be honest the worst kept secret at CCFC is Zohore can't head. Today was shocking and probably cost us a win.

I really hope that next week he spends all his spare time with the coaches learning how to head the ball.

That said his hold up and support play were very good, but those headers will overshadow that.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:42 pm

It's out now !

It was embarrassing to watch

Great point but a striker would of given us 3

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:45 pm

NIBluebird wrote:It's out now !

It was embarrassing to watch

Great point but a striker would of given us 3

It was embarrassing but Ken's poor heading ability has been obvious for a long time

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:46 pm

Been saying this for a while he wasn’t even that good last year.. much better performance today but I can’t see any goals in this side

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:59 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Been saying this for a while he wasn’t even that good last year.. much better performance today but I can’t see any goals in this side

Goals will come. We went through periods last season when we looked as though we'd never score again, only to go on and bang in 3 and 4 goal wins.

NW works on things and improves players/teams unlike Slade/Trollope who would carry on doing the same things hoping something would turn up.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:05 pm

Let's not get on his back too much.

Yes his heading is shocking, but apart from that I thought he worked hard and held the ball up well.

But yeah... we're lacking quality up there.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:21 pm

nubbsy wrote:Let's not get on his back too much.

Yes his heading is shocking, but apart from that I thought he worked hard and held the ball up well.

I agree. The world's worst when it comes to heading a football but the claims I have seen about his work rate and being lazy are completely wrong.

I'm frustrated with his heading quality like everyone else is but let's hope he works on it with the coaching staff and improves as a centre forward.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:27 pm

With the system he is constantly alone and double marked.

Needs someone to play off him. He is to easy to handle on his own.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:31 pm

Bobbankh123 wrote:With the system he is constantly alone and double marked.

Needs someone to play off him. He is to easy to handle on his own.

My understanding is Murphy and Hoilett play off him?

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:06 pm

Head like Rimmer, needs the ball at his feet although cant see Reid, Madine or Ward coming up with any goals.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:12 pm

Two man marking he had no chance to shine on the floor, but his heading mmm headless chicken would done better! But like rest team need time to adjust to speed premiership :thumbup:

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:13 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Let's not get on his back too much.

I agree. The world's worst when it comes to heading a football but the claims I have seen about his work rate and being lazy are completely wrong.

I'm frustrated with his heading quality like everyone else is but let's hope he works on it with the coaching staff and improves as a centre forward.

Exactly this.
His work rate was absolutely fine. He’s been injured, he’s a big unit and it’s his first game of the season and people already on his back regarding work rate ffs.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:15 pm

Haven't seen any of the game today but I think we already knew he was poor in the air. He has been injured and hardly a preseason so work rate bound to be effected. We all knew we needed a striker for most the summer.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:30 pm

I don't understand why he didn't give him another week and started madine he showed a bit in pre season and can hold the ball well for our edge of box poachers, i love big ken and playing next to arter probably drew more attention to his work rate. I noticed arter had to keep g-ing him up to get him going which is good that he's doing it but not that he has too. But it would be nice to have a slightly cocky striker who's thinking I'll have you now rather than one who looks a bit down and discouraged, hopefully confidence will come with our midfield learning more about how zohore plays, but I think Reid could find the runs in behind and we know camera and arter can find the pass, just a bit confused in the final third between two styles of play imo
Last edited by Fordy_90 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:30 pm

Surely one hour a day stay behind and practise .

He needs a goal to get confidence but he can be coached how to head a ball from 8 yards toward the goal

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:33 pm

He was poor today. Heading apart. His work rate was good for first 15mins.

We need to play Madine. He wins headers and brings the ball down. If we'd have had that today we'd have won.
He will bring players into the game. Unlike Zohore

Re: Zohore Can't Head Shit

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:46 pm

Head like a cardboard box

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:15 pm

Never been able to understand the hype on here about Zohore. Read plenty of posts on how the PL will suit him, and that now we will see him getting the goals we need to stay up. Never been sure why people think he will score goals, he has never managed it in the past at far lower levels than this. His average is 3 or 4 goals a year as a professional.

He can hold the ball up and bring others into play, but in my opinion the goals will have to come from others, I have never believed that Zohore will get many goals in a season, especially at this sort of level.

I know most on here have never agreed with me on this, but throughout his career apart from one golden spell over about a 4 month period, his goal scoring statistics are woeful. Hope he proves me wrong, but I said pretty much the same this time last year. Early days yet, and maybe he will make my opinions look a bit stupid this time. I certainly he hope he does.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:17 pm

NIBluebird wrote:He's not a Prem striker not by a million miles

Div 3 Danish league, on today’s performance. Warnock not signing a striker, will come back to bite us on the arse.
Last edited by buckleys brewery on Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:17 pm

We need to play to his strength and play balls low into his feet.
When crossing we should fiz them low across the box instead of high.
Play balls in between defenders so he can run onto them
But he needs to stay on the shoulder of the last defender and not go running into the channels as he has not got the football brain to make it work.

Personally i would drop him and play Danny Ward or just go with a mix of Murphy, Hoilett , Reid and Mendez up front

We cant just change a formation which looks promising to accomodate a player not ready for this level

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:28 pm

Sorry but I just assumed out goal threat will come from Hoilett, Murphy and mostly Reid.

We play with a target man that has his back to goal. He holds it up and plays in the other three.

If we are looking for a classic forward who is on the end of flowing football we needed to have Pilkington in the squad instead of Harris or chuck Paterson up top.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:59 pm

I find it amazing that a bloke who is well over 6 foot tall and built like a brick shithouse should be so shocking in the air.

This is a player who is the main striker in a team that plays in one of the top leagues in the world who has absolutely no ability in one of the basic skills of the game. I'm honestly think there are players in parks football who would be more of a threat in the air than Ken.

This is not a new thing however. If we can see it, surely our highly paid coaching team can see it.

So why hasn't Ken been spending the entire summer spending almost all his time in training learning how to head the ball? Surely that's a skill which he can be coached to improve?

It's all well and good having wingers who can get to the byline and get crosses in but if we're going to have a striker in the middle who can't head for shit in the middle.

Kenwyne Jones was a lazy so and so but he would have had a hat-trick today.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:55 pm

davids wrote:I find it amazing that a bloke who is well over 6 foot tall and built like a brick shithouse should be so shocking in the air.

This is a player who is the main striker in a team that plays in one of the top leagues in the world who has absolutely no ability in one of the basic skills of the game. I'm honestly think there are players in parks football who would be more of a threat in the air than Ken.

This is not a new thing however. If we can see it, surely our highly paid coaching team can see it.

So why hasn't Ken been spending the entire summer spending almost all his time in training learning how to head the ball? Surely that's a skill which he can be coached to improve?

It's all well and good having wingers who can get to the byline and get crosses in but if we're going to have a striker in the middle who can't head for shit in the middle.

Kenwyne Jones was a lazy so and so but he would have had a hat-trick today.

Have to totally agree.

It's was sad to watch .

Good point but should of been 3

Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:08 pm

We've known he can't head a ball for about a year now. But he's more than good enough for the PL.

Can't think of many strikers outside the top 6 I'd swap him for... Vardy, Mitrovic. Wilson probably.

His form will come. Teams that hold a high line against us will be in for a massive shock when he's bursting through.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:13 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:We've known he can't head a ball for about a year now. But he's more than good enough for the PL.

Can't think of many strikers outside the top 6 I'd swap him for... Vardy, Mitrovic. Wilson probably.

His form will come. Teams that hold a high line against us will be in for a massive shock when he's bursting through.

If arsenal play a high line like they did against Chelsea he will have a field day.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:53 pm

Stokebluebird wrote:Head like Rimmer, needs the ball at his feet although cant see Reid, Madine or Ward coming up with any goals.

Madine would of put at least one of those headers in

Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:51 am

Flyingpostman wrote:
Stokebluebird wrote:Head like Rimmer, needs the ball at his feet although cant see Reid, Madine or Ward coming up with any goals.

Madine would of put at least one of those headers in

not a chance