Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who was your man of the match v Newcastle United at home?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:26 pm

Neil Etheridge
30%
Bruno Manga
2%
Sean Morrison
No votes
Sol Bamba
No votes
Joe Bennett
2%
Victor Camarasa
7%
Harry Arter
40%
Joe Ralls
1%
Junior Hoilett
No votes
Josh Murphy
17%
Kenneth Zohore
1%
Bobby Reid (sub)
No votes
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing (sub)
No votes
Callum Paterson (sub)
No votes

Total votes : 127

VOTE “ MOTM v Newcastle United (h) “

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:26 pm

We could have won that.

Who was your man of the match?

Harry Arter for me.

48 hours to vote :thumbright:

Re: VOTE “ MOTM v Newcastle United (h) “

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:29 pm

Our Keeper for just us saving us a point :bluebird:

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:31 pm

Was gonna be murphy but etheridge has been faultless. saved our team from being a laughing stock.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:33 pm

If etheridge distribution was good hed been the best keeper in the Premier league.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:41 pm

Etheridge just edged it for me over Arter, made a couple of good saves in the first half & edged it with the penalty save.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:41 pm

Could have been a number of players Arter, Etheridge, Murphy among them. But I'm going for Víctor Camarasa.

We dominated that midfield area when he was on the field and when he went off it showed as Newcastle rallied and won the late penalty.

He was on a yellow card so I understand the substitution but I would have preferred taking Ralls off for Reid because I think in tandem with Arther we would have kept control of the midfield area even with Reid operating further forward.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:48 pm

Despite saving us a point, Etheridge was poor with his distribution today so I’m going to give it to Murphy

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:55 pm

Harry Arter by a mile one of the best debut I can remember exactly what we needed in midfield. Manga also awesome and by far our best RB as he has always been despite some moaners on here. Don’t personally understand the votes for Murphy thought our two wingers were our poorest players today. Nice to see have a truly good midfield trio on the whole looking positive :D

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:09 pm

Nobody had a bad game today and the three newbies were class but for me it was between Arter and Etheridge with the keeper taking it for at least three game-save g stops and the penalty save! :notworthy:

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:09 pm

Great team effort i would give all but one an eight out of ten but ken has to have a six his hold up play and distrabution is good but it,s about time he has some heading lessons off sol and mozza.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:16 pm

maltablue wrote:Great team effort i would give all but one an eight out of ten but ken has to have a six his hold up play and distrabution is good but it,s about time he has some heading lessons off sol and mozza.

I think you are being very generous giving him a six
I like him as a player normally but he was awful today. He could and should have had a hat trick.
He was poor and reminded me of tge Zahore of two years ago

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:27 pm

Ether idle.... even before the penalty save... :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:28 pm

Murphy for me.He put to bed two players,took some heavy knocks and looked our most dangerous player.Arter a very close second.
Etheridge was solid in goal but his distribution today was just awful.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:28 pm

thomasblue wrote:
maltablue wrote:Great team effort i would give all but one an eight out of ten but ken has to have a six his hold up play and distrabution is good but it,s about time he has some heading lessons off sol and mozza.

I think you are being very generous giving him a six
I like him as a player normally but he was awful today. He could and should have had a hat trick.
He was poor and reminded me of tge Zahore of two years ago

But remember the KZ of 2 years ago turned it around and was unstoppable for 4 months. I would imagine the rest of the PL watching him will think he is of no threat when we play them.

Hopefully as NW said he'll become our 'secret weapon' again and surprise a few! Mind you he will have to work in his heading in training.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:29 pm

No

There were 14 of them

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:08 pm

Great to have the choice of a few players to chose from.
Arter for me.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:15 pm

Thought Arter & Camarasa were excellent in midfield particularly Arter. However with his 2/3 excellent saves in the first half & then the penalty save I think Etheridge just edged out Arter for MOM.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:29 pm

Arter for me. The best our midfield has looked for a long, long time.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:32 pm

Arter all day long. Thought midfield were all excellent today but Arter was everywhere and when he had the ball did simple stuff really well. I think he pulled the strings today and he was ultimately what made us look like a different team

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:34 pm

i thought Joe Bennett had a good game

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:34 pm

Josh Murphy. Should've had 2 men sent off. Couldnt cope with him. Hoillet should've come off.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:35 pm

arter for me,great debut, has a great eye for a pass and didnt stop running and tackling all game, ralls camarasa murphy and etheridge played well, and a special mention for manga, i cringed when i saw he was right back but he was excellent there

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:45 pm

streamfeeder wrote:arter for me,great debut, has a great eye for a pass and didnt stop running and tackling all game, ralls camarasa murphy and etheridge played well, and a special mention for manga, i cringed when i saw he was right back but he was excellent there

spot on with that Manga comment, i was also guilty

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:17 pm

Arter is Bryson on roids.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:47 pm

theclaw wrote:Murphy for me.He put to bed two players,took some heavy knocks and looked our most dangerous player.Arter a very close second.
Etheridge was solid in goal but his distribution today was just awful.

Absolutely spot on

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:57 pm

Harry Arter def :thumbright: :bluebird:

Followed Neil Etheridge for two very good saves including the penalty :bluebird:

Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:12 pm

Has to be Arter, dogged and didnt stop running, was suprised he didnt burn out! Awesome debut!

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:22 pm

Would have been Arter until the penalty save, Etheridge also kept us in the game in the first half

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:27 pm

You can see why Bournemouth have been successful the last few years, when a player like Arter is not a regular there . Absolute class.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:45 pm

I voted Camarasa, as his was the most pleasing for me. Not surprised by Arter, Murphy or Etheridge, but Victor's first start in British football was a breath of fresh air and hopefully good things to come.