Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Murphy and Camarasa going off nearly cost us the game!

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:33 pm

totally gave United a view our best players were gone, they got more into it and overran us, but still a great performance for still a new side in a new league.

But what a plus, arter, camarasa and murphy are - shame we've got no experienced striker!

Re: Murphy and Camarasa going off nearly cost us the game!

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:48 pm

I think they were two poor substitutions and with them on the pitch i believe we would have won that game.
Camarasa was a big loss to our midfield when he went off as we had nobody to put his foot on the ball and calm it down

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:53 pm

I have to agree with the posts above. Junior Hoilett and Joe Ralls should have been the players to make way.

We lost control of the midfield when Camarasa went off and we also lost our best attacking weapon when Murphy went off and we were playing against 10 men.

Camarasa was on a yellow and Murphy might have been tired but I would still have persisted.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:53 pm

Fully agree, I think a NML for hoilett change would have been suffice at the time to not interfere too much with the shape it we went to pieces.

Non the less, a point on the board and all in all lots of positives.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:56 pm

I agree with all the posts here

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:00 pm

Camasara looked class at times but you could see what Warnock was on about about him not being quite there fitness wise but when he adapts to this league he'll be good for us.Arter was my man of the match but he too was a bit leggy in the end and was lucky to stay on the park.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:06 pm

One was booked the other tired.

Morrison hand ball nearly cost us the game, and Warnock not going aggressive sooner when we had the momentum cost us the win.

We played two games and have been competitive in both. We have our first point. We just need to tweak the system to allow us to get into shooting positions. We didn't have a shot (exc headers) until 75th min

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:14 pm

Bobbankh123 wrote:One was booked the other tired.

We are not arguing that point but taking off both players changed the balance of the game. The handball by Morrison shouldn't have happened because should have still been dominating midfield. By taking Camarasa off we lost control of midfield and even a 'tired' Josh Murphy would have been better attacking option than his replacement.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:58 pm

Murphy should have gone off earlier than he did. Took a knock early in the second half and was 100% after that. I guess Warnock knew he'd be taking Camarasa off at some point but didn't want to make too many substitutions too early.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:11 pm

arri potta wrote:totally gave United a view our best players were gone, they got more into it and overran us, but still a great performance for still a new side in a new league.

But what a plus, arter, camarasa and murphy are - shame we've got no experienced striker!

Murphy was excellent but should have gone off earlier as he was absolutely shattered.

Camarasa... maybe in hindsight we were worse after he went off, but Warnock brought pn Reid to try and add to our attacking threat. Can't blame him for having a go.