Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Three Positives “

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:53 pm

1. We're unbeaten at home
2. We haven't conceded a goal at home
3. We have the goalkeeper who's saved the most penalties in the Premier this season. :bluescarf:

Re: Three Positives

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:08 pm

3 positives for me were.
Camarassa
Murphy
Arter
:bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:16 pm

City Slicker wrote:1. We're unbeaten at home
3. We have the goalkeeper who's saved the most penalties in the Premier this season. :bluescarf:

There were many positives from toady, also some lessons learnt. NW will take it all on board and our team will improve.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:17 pm

sir ninian wrote:3 positives for me were.
Camarassa
Murphy
Arter

They certainly were :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:19 pm

Enjoyed game although thought we had lost it though at the end with the penalty. Don’t know what the answer is up front except we should have bought a striker before window closed !

Need a win next week now Phil :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:53 pm

Camarassa
Murphy
Arter

That would be mine too. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:00 pm

Camarassa
Murphy
Arter

Totally agree all 3 played great and a bit of quality and pace that we needed. Just need someone to put the ball in the net but I don't think we have anyone.

Re: “ Three Positives “

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:11 pm

City Slicker wrote:1. We're unbeaten at home

or in other words
1. We have not won a game at home
2. We have not scored a goal yet
3. We have given away a penalty in every game

joking aside, we held our own until they had a man sent off and NW made 3 subs which made us worse because of our lack of midfield control. Paterson seemed to drift too high instead of covering midfield but at least it's a point.

Bit surprised at the number of people drifting away in the Ninian stand before the end of the game.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:13 pm

billy ronson wrote:Enjoyed game although thought we had lost it though at the end with the penalty. Don’t know what the answer is up front except we should have bought a striker before window closed !

I agree Bill and as others have said Arter, Camarasa and Murphy were excellent. It appears we have a proper midfield now. More work needed in the final third though.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:18 pm

Camarassa
Murphy
Arter

Spot on. Midfield were excellent today. Arter has a great engine, gets stuck in and he doesn’t stop running, Murphy has the pace to beat defenders whilst you can see that Camarasa is a quality player

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:24 pm

Camarassa
Murphy
Arter

Totally agree with you, plus we have a goalkeeper who is very much at home in the premiership, at the end of the season his saves could be the reason we stay up.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:28 pm

GK
Defence.
Midfield.

But..........
Shit crosses.
Shit corners.
Shit free kicks.
Zohore????

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:29 pm

my three positives

Etheridge, made 2 very good saves then saved the day with the pen save at the end

the midfield 3 ralls, camerasa and arter looked like a premier league midfield

the fact we managed to get into a lot of good positions to create chances, just needed a bit more quality and composure to stick them away

OH and i saw the team i love play in the premier league in their rightful colours for the first time :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:54 pm

I watched the game in Ipswich and I thought that you played well after the first 10/15 minutes.

Another positive is that you are a point better off than Fulham and on equal points with Wolves who have both spent fortunes.

If Laing had squared that ball instead of going for glory, you may well have chalked up your first win.

I have to say though - Even I would have saved that penalty - It was one of the worst I've ever seen.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:31 pm

We certainly didn't disgrace ourselves. In fact a lot of positives can be taken.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:41 pm

rossblue wrote:We certainly didn't disgrace ourselves. In fact a lot of positives can be taken.

Lots og positives! Good possession. Good passing. High intensity and a pretty tight unit. Midfield did impress today! Thank f**k, it has been a long time since there has been any hope in that department! All we need now is a striker. ( and a manager who doesn’t balls it up with substitutes lol)

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:55 pm

City Slicker wrote:
billy ronson wrote:Enjoyed game although thought we had lost it though at the end with the penalty. Don’t know what the answer is up front except we should have bought a striker before window closed !

I agree Bill and as others have said Arter, Camarasa and Murphy were excellent. It appears we have a proper midfield now. More work needed in the final third though.

Yep ! Not going to get loads of chances so got to take them !

Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:01 pm

Got to do the best we can until the transfer window, then we need a striker or two.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:40 am

buckleys brewery wrote:GK
Defence.
Midfield.

But..........
Shit crosses.
Shit corners.
Shit free kicks.
Zohore????

Agree with the crosses , no one hit the ball first time today , too many touches and playing back

Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:33 am

Could josh Murphy play up front??