Atmosphere today

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Atmosphere today

Postby wales1927 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:42 am

More interested in playing with their smartphones than having a sing song and a good drink these days :banghead:
wales1927

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby dogfound » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:35 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Anyone else think it wasn’t very good... I thought it would be electric but few songs not the whole ground signing thought it would be a lot better today

for a nil -nil draw in a 12.30 kick off it really wasnt too bad mate, not great but when do you get a great atmosphere in these early games unless a derby or something on it more than the 3 points..
dogfound

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:57 pm

If get poor atmosphere at man u with 72k and it's a common complaint at other grounds it's hardly surprising the noise levels at city are not what people expect. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby bluebird12345 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:20 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:
BluebirdRyan18 wrote:I think the problem is the canton stand are the only ones who actually sing

So true. The rest of stadium may as well have stayed at home and watched on sky. Long live the Canton stand.

Who are you say people should watch it at home if they aint going to sing?
bluebird12345

Postby Nuclearblue » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:47 pm

I thought the atmosphere was ok but no where even close to Reading last season. These early kick offs don’t help still rubbing sleep out the eyes etc and not enough time to get those vocal cords wet with cheap Lager from the local pubs.
Had it been a 3pm kick off I think the atmo would of been ten times better. But had a message off a mate in the away end who thought we created a fantastic atmosphere.
So last season against Reading I would of given it 9.9/10
Yesterday I would give it a 7/10
Nuclearblue

Postby TAP_Sheep » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:41 am

It was decent, I think parts of the Ninian (closest to the away fans) and the majority of the Canton sing. But the ground hasn't got the best acoustics if everyone isn't involved. I'm in the Canton and I can barely hear the away fans but knowing people in the Ninian they say the away fans were loud. So the noise doesn't carry very well.
TAP_Sheep

Postby T1JMO » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:48 am

I was at the game and thought it was superb.
T1JMO

Postby Bananas » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:09 am

T1JMO wrote:I was at the game and thought it was superb.

:ayatollah: me too. Just ignore the MISERABLE BUGGERS :old: :bluebird:
Bananas

Postby Sam ReaN » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:19 am

It is always going to happen in August time each season, some fans go off on holiday and come back in September or late August time.

so you never get a true noisy atmosphere until September onwards because everyone will be at the stadium.

but it sounds noisy on sky highlights, so it will only get noisier :ayatollah:
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby Bananas » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:52 am

Sam ReaN wrote:It is always going to happen in August time each season, some fans go off on holiday and come back in September or late August time.

so you never get a true noisy atmosphere until September onwards because everyone will be at the stadium.

but it sounds noisy on sky highlights, so it will only get noisier :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bananas

Postby TAP_Sheep » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:15 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I thought the atmosphere was ok but no where even close to Reading last season. These early kick offs don’t help still rubbing sleep out the eyes etc and not enough time to get those vocal cords wet with cheap Lager from the local pubs.
Had it been a 3pm kick off I think the atmo would of been ten times better. But had a message off a mate in the away end who thought we created a fantastic atmosphere.
So last season against Reading I would of given it 9.9/10
Yesterday I would give it a 7/10

Tough to beat the Reading atmosphere due to the circumstances. You'll have similar if we're playing for a result to stay up.

The "Allez, allez, allez" was amazing against Reading. Went on for ages!
TAP_Sheep

Previous

Return to General Chat