Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Atmosphere today

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:54 pm

Anyone else think it wasn’t very good... I thought it would be electric but few songs not the whole ground signing thought it would be a lot better today

Re: Atmosphere today

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:56 pm

Didn't seem great on tv, quite surprised.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:36 pm

I think the problem is the canton stand are the only ones who actually sing

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:39 pm

BluebirdRyan18 wrote:I think the problem is the canton stand are the only ones who actually sing

It’s a shame because that stadium could of been the difference with winning today

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:48 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
BluebirdRyan18 wrote:I think the problem is the canton stand are the only ones who actually sing

It’s a shame because that stadium could of been the difference with winning today

It would definitely make a difference having the whole stadium bouncing, I’m in block 105 and there is singing for 80% of the game normally

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:17 pm

I think people were expecting a man city type atmosphere but if I remember correctly the majority of the games in our last promotion season had pretty underwhelming atmospheres too. Modern football.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:02 pm

Lets not lie here, it was a shambles!! Id go as far as to say embarrassing! When they had there man sent off that was the moment for US fans to get involved and push the team on... can’t help but think it’s points dropped will be crucial at the end of the season. Saying that both the CM with Ralls looked brilliant today!

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:13 pm

So true. The rest of stadium may as well have stayed at home and watched on sky. Long live the Canton stand.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:26 pm

It was my first league game in the Canton today after being in the Family Stand since the stadium opened.
What a difference- I thought the atmosphere was pretty good.
If others think the atmosphere wasn't great I guess it shows how one-sided the atmosphere can be.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:50 pm

Drjones6424 wrote:Lets not lie here, it was a shambles!! Id go as far as to say embarrassing! When they had there man sent off that was the moment for US fans to get involved and push the team on... can’t help but think it’s points dropped will be crucial at the end of the season. Saying that both the CM with Ralls looked brilliant today!

It was certainly not shambolic or embarrassing!!

Was pretty good at times, not brilliant but not bad either

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:03 pm

I’m at the back of block 103 (as the username suggests) and thought the atmosphere was ok. Not amazing, but far from embarrassing. I sang for most of the game and it turned into a bit of an abs work out.

As someone else has already said, the issue is that only the Canton Stand sing which dilutes the overall atmosphere.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:17 pm

Very poor lots of empties too

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:21 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Drjones6424 wrote:Lets not lie here, it was a shambles!! Id go as far as to say embarrassing! When they had there man sent off that was the moment for US fans to get involved and push the team on... can’t help but think it’s points dropped will be crucial at the end of the season. Saying that both the CM with Ralls looked brilliant today!

It was certainly not shambolic or embarrassing!!

Was pretty good at times, not brilliant but not bad either

Before anyone has a dig I go a lot of games home and away so please take this into consideration. But today I took my little girl to Her first match sat in the family stand, I’m not saying this for a reaction but I heard our crowd chant a handful of times. Just thought it was disappointing when we had the chance to push the team on and win the game.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:27 pm

Seemed ok on Sky, a lot of empty seats dotted all around the stadium today.

Probably find a lot of the fans there today don’t know the songs or were sat in sections where others don’t want to sing

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:36 pm

It was poor. Will have better times thats for sure.

Would prob help if people didnt all f off 10 mins either side for beers too - gets right on my nerves. Games only on for hour and half got all day to go on beers..... see them gassing away in concourse when games on!

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:01 pm

Fans bounce off each other to make atmosphere but today ncastle fans were quiet to say the least, so hardly surprising the noise levels were not high other than occasional burst from canton :old:

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:01 pm

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:08 pm

Thought it was ok everybody up for it prob the ones who think it wasn't very good weren't there

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:37 pm

Yes it was the first game in the premier league for us in blue but the Citeh game was our first game in the big league for an awfully long period. We were playing one of the favourites (rightly so), spent a lot of money in the summer, scored a few goals and in a much smaller ground.

We never quite reached the heights of the that Citeh game after, but our reputation was made on that game alone. There were many games when it was the opposite.

Thought it was OK today considering we have spent very little in premier league terms, so expectations are muted. We were playing a team we'll be fighting relegation with an early kick off.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:30 pm

Don't know what you expecting, I think it was good.
Spoke to people who watched on tv they said it sounded loud in parts.
Keep up the support , all was good today .

Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:39 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Anyone else think it wasn’t very good... I thought it would be electric but few songs not the whole ground signing thought it would be a lot better today

Don’t think it was that bad. In his interview post match, Warnock talked about how good the atmosphere was. Quote...”I was proud to be the manager of this football club today”

Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:03 pm

This flashed up on the Sky pre-match coverage, reminiscing when we were relegated at Newcastle during our previous season in the Premier League...
IMG_2397.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:05 pm

Bonner wrote:Don't know what you expecting, I think it was good.
Spoke to people who watched on tv they said it sounded loud in parts.
Keep up the support , all was good today .

Fully agree. Some miserable buggers on this forum FFS mun

Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:19 pm

Sounded a really good atmosphere at the ground today and having just viewed it back on TV even the Sky commentators commented about the good atmosphere in the stadium. No pleasing some!

Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:27 pm

Atmosphere was pretty good today. just watching the match on sky and the coverage never does it justice.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:24 pm

For those who are saying that the only fans who sing are those in the canton, and that the rest of the ground may as well not be there...
..i could hardly hear the canton for most part. It's probably due to stadium lay out. I have sat in all areas of the ground and I always feel that the area where I am sat on that day is the loudest.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:30 pm

Strange OP, was in canton as usual and it was decent and considering it was an early ko. Fans who compare it to city home or a promotion winning match are living in cuckoo land. There will be quieter games than that and louder games, so good to see 30,000 plus in a season that will see us average around 30,000 and put us mid table on crowds which Shows how far we have come.

Had we scored the decibels would have gone up a notch, generally the rest of ground joins in at these times and it’s always been like that.

Great effort enjoyed every minute of it, so many flat soulless games over the last few years and that has gone.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:08 am

What do you expect with 12k plastics there.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:40 am

I went with 2 Man Utd fans who are regulars at Old Trafford. They thought the atmosphere was fantastic!!
I didnt think it was too bad. A few times it was really loud.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:48 am

Atmosphere was OK.

I think a goal would have taken it up a notch.

Still a lot of nerves around