Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our midfield today

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:03 pm

Was better today than at any time last season.First choice for me every week and I think they'll get better as the season goes on.Plenty to be optomistic about. :bluebird:

Re: Our midfield today

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:08 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Was better today than at any time last season.First choice for me every week and I think they'll get better as the season goes on.Plenty to be optomistic about. :bluebird:

Agree ,we are creating chances but we need to score goals

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:29 pm

I honestly think the weakest link today was Zohore

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:55 pm

Very impressed with Camarasa and Arter, a few more games under their belt and I think we will give most teams a decent game :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:02 pm

Agree,im happy to see some positive posters.bloooooooooooooobirds!!

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:28 pm

snoopystorm wrote:I honestly think the weakest link today was Zohore

He was. We now Look like a team who need a target man to hold the ball up. Madine is perfect for us now. Have Reid playing off Madine.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:32 pm

What just today, he just seems he can't be arsed to put a shift in, Madine for me not the best I agree but at least he'll give 100% :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:36 pm

Spot on, and we were a good defensive unit, two big positives, if we can get some shots on target we have a chance of getting some points for sure!

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:38 pm

Zohore will come good, first start for him, think everyone is being too harsh.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:03 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed today

I don’t get the hate for zohore either best game I’ve seen from him in months held the ball up won a ton of free kicks got in behind a few times done the basics brilliantly yes he can’t head for shite but for me he was excellent today

That midfield trio was the best I’ve seen at Cardiff in 10 years nice to see the ball being played across the floor and them not lumping it

I was sceptical about our chances this season but I seen enough today to know we will give this a great go

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:04 pm

bluebird94 wrote:

What just today, he just seems he can't be arsed to put a shift in, Madine for me not the best I agree but at least he'll give 100% :bluescarf:

Must have been watching a different game he was everywhere today last 20 mins he struggled but he’s not played a full game all pre season people forget that

I’m sure if hoilett didn’t get injured he would have been taken off

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:10 pm

Z might of been the weak link but he has just come back from a groom injury so deserves a chance, I would stick with Z for Huddersfield try build his fitnesss up. Danny ings would of been great he scored today, but you can only piss with the cock your given.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:13 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:

He was. We now Look like a team who need a target man to hold the ball up. Madine is perfect for us now. Have Reid playing off Madine.

He held the ball up well he just didn't finish. Are you seriously calling for Madine? Do you think his all round play and finishing is any better?

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:16 pm

I’ll give him credit for getting into the scoring positions and maybe on another day he might have finished one or two but today he was the weakest link. He does look rusty and off pace so hopefully be up to speed now against Huddersfield after today’s 90 mins

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:17 pm

I never expected the new guys to slot in so well as quickly as that. After, Camarasa and Murphy were all excellent today and feeling really positive tonight

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:18 pm

nubbsy wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:

He held the ball up well he just didn't finish. Are you seriously calling for Madine? Do you think his all round play and finishing is any better?

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:27 pm

A lot of the comments on here about Zohore are almost a carbon copy of comments on here last season. Things like "he will come good", he is coming back from an injury" etc have all been posted before. Unfortunately, everyone is basing their opinions on a brief four month spell rather than his career to date. Perhaps he will come good and start knocking a few in, but if you look at his career as a whole rather than that short period a while back when everything he hit went in, the stats do not back up arguments that he will come good.

I hope he does because we need him to get some goals, even it is only half a dozen or so. We have not managed much in front of goal in our opening two games, so I imagine we can only improve. Be good if we can knock a goal in at Huddersfield, and I hope Zohore proves me wrong and gets our opening goal of the season. Not holding my breath though.

Then again, who cares who scores as long as somebody does and we get enough to ensure we survive. :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:30 pm

Said on another thread. Arter was fantastic. As well as the obvious football on show just the way he spoke to the ref, like having a second captain.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:33 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Said on another thread. Arter was fantastic. As well as the obvious football on show just the way he spoke to the ref, like having a second captain.

Only thing that let him down was that tackle, he should have seen red for that, lucky for us he only got a yellow

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:56 pm

Who’s the a the answer tho because we haven’t got one. Madine is wank Reid is to small.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:15 pm

Arter was excellent.

In his number 7 shirt I thought we had Frank Lampard running the midfield at times!

Terrible tackle mind and lucky to stay on.

Reminded me of the sort of tackle that Whitts used to make as opposing midfield players walked past him.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:09 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Was better today than at any time last season.First choice for me every week and I think they'll get better as the season goes on.Plenty to be optomistic about. :bluebird:

Agree ,we are creating chances but we need to score goals

Agree on all.
Those to players looked good in midfield today.
I'm sure Zahore will come good but poor today from him
If we'd lost the confidence would have gone with Newcastle down to 10.
We got a point not a disaster is it

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:32 pm

Arter and Camasra looked like they had been at the City for years. Superb effort I thought

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:44 pm

The fact it will take a few games for players to bed in and get used to each other bodes well for us, Arter and Camarasa were brilliant and I will say joe Ralls played well, I have knocked him but he was solid in there at times. Murphy looks a great buy and manga at right back played well.

If we can get another point next Saturday or date I say a win we might start to win some doubters over.

We played well made Newcastle look ordinary and on the next game. I think we will strengthen in jan if we can stay within touching distance. And I think we will be more than in touching distance.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:56 pm

To be fair to Ken he didn't have a proper pre-season and still doesn't look 100 %.
I believe he'll improve as he gets fitter , but we should've signed a striker in the window.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:12 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Said on another thread. Arter was fantastic. As well as the obvious football on show just the way he spoke to the ref, like having a second captain.

Only thing that let him down was that tackle, he should have seen red for that, lucky for us he only got a yellow

Never a red card.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:19 pm

Really impressed with the three of them. Seem to have a great understanding already as well.

Arter just doesn’t stop running and always looking to release the forward players when he gets the ball. Strong debut for Camarasa as well. Ralls proved he can step up to this level.

The goals are a worry at the moment, but I’m optimistic that will change if we continue to play like we did today.

Others have said it and I agree, the team that played long ball football today were Newcastle.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:20 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:

Never a red card.

So the likes of Bellamy, Gabbidon, Wright, Carragher and Neville are all wrong then, even watching the replay on MOTD you can see he went for the player and not the ball, he put so much effort into it you see him blow out.....

The only thing that let his game down today, absolute quality otherwise

Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:48 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:

Never a red card.

So the likes of Bellamy, Gabbidon, Wright, Carragher and Neville are all wrong then, even watching the replay on MOTD you can see he went for the player and not the ball, he put so much effort into it you see him blow out.....

How did it let his game down? Took a yellow at the right time, the right thing to do. Since when are player performances judged on whether they get a yellow card or not?

Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:03 am

Carpe Diem wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:

Never a red card.

How did it let his game down? Took a yellow at the right time, the right thing to do. Since when are player performances judged on whether they get a yellow card or not?

There are other ways to take a yellow card, pull him back, trip him up for example..... that challenge was just as bad as Kennedy’s and worse than Hayden’s..... simply put it was a tackle that deserved a red card, you may not agree and that’s your choice, and as for player performances being judged on cards.....when it comes to the match ratings cards affect the ratings, even more so when it comes to fantasy football leagues