Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Another important step

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:47 pm

The important thing about today's game wasn't the result, the penalty, the penalty save or the red cards which were or weren't given.

The important thing is that they've stepped up and shown everyone, not least themselves, that they're not getting relagated because they're as good as any other bugger, and they CAN compete at the level.

Newcastle finished 10th and Cardiff hammered them. Yes we can find a few tweaks which are needed and areas which stopped them winning a game which they dominated. These things can and will be attended to as we go on. Not one player failed in his duty and some were exceptional. Now they know what they can do and they can just carry on and do it.

Josh Murphy was certainly excellent, as were both new midfield players, particularly Harry Arter who was a revalation !
He wore the famous number 7 shirt of Ian Gibson and, if he keeps this up , he'll be worthy to mentioned in the same breath as him, which not many are .

Having watched the actual game I see I was surprised that the BBC were doing their normal anti Cardiff thing on "the final score"
- everyone should note that we shouldn't take their constant attacks and put downs too seriously ,( they were trying to say that Newcastle played all the football , which is a plain lie).

I digress, but is this some kind of anti Welsh thing they've got going on or what ? Sky don't do it and their reporting of the same games are often the opposite to Lineker and Co ( Sponsored by "Remain" and Walkers Crisps)
Or is that the problem - do we have to slip Mr Lineker a few bob to get fair coverage ?

Re: Another important step

Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:07 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:The important thing about today's game wasn't the result, the penalty, the penalty save or the red cards which were or weren't given.

The important thing is that they've stepped up and shown everyone, not least themselves, that they're not getting relagated because they're as good as any other bugger, and they CAN compete at the level.

Newcastle finished 10th and Cardiff hammered them. Yes we can find a few tweaks which are needed and areas which stopped them winning a game which they dominated. These things can and will be attended to as we go on. Not one player failed in his duty and some were exceptional. Now they know what they can do and they can just carry on and do it.

Josh Murphy was certainly excellent, as were both new midfield players, particularly Harry Arter who was a revalation !
He wore the famous number 7 shirt of Ian Gibson and, if he keeps this up , he'll be worthy to mentioned in the same breath as him, which not many are .

Having watched the actual game I see I was surprised that the BBC were doing their normal anti Cardiff thing on "the final score"
- everyone should note that we shouldn't take their constant attacks and put downs too seriously ,( they were trying to say that Newcastle played all the football , which is a plain lie).

I digress, but is this some kind of anti Welsh thing they've got going on or what ? Sky don't do it and their reporting of the same games are often the opposite to Lineker and Co ( Sponsored by "Remain" and Walkers Crisps)
Or is that the problem - do we have to slip Mr Lineker a few bob to get fair coverage ?

good post mate, after all the OTT doom and gloom over the summer we more than matched Newcastle, and yes they were poor but so are some other teams ...
dont agree with your MOTD/BBC remarks though ,i thought it a decent game like you but it was goaless with little goalmouth incident so ill hold fire until they start dismissing us in high scoring games..

Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:27 am

Great post. I was very happy about all the new players and the performance. Second game of the season and we've already seen a HUGE improvement from the first. Few tweaks needed (going forward in particular as Warnock has identified) but definitely cause for optimism.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:48 am

One thing we do have going for us is we have quite a resilient team. They may not be the most exciting but we are stubborn battlers. It’s a long season and I think we will surprise a few.