Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BBC Bias against Cardiff City

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:04 pm

As I mentioned in a separate posting, having watched the Cardiff City game I was very encouraged, but when I saw it reported on the BBC s. "Final Score" they were trying to tell me that Newcastle were all over them and very unlucky to not have won.

As the programme progressed they went on to enthuse about how bloody marvellous and exciting had been the performances of Woverhampton and Fulham whilst reiterating that Cardiff were utter crap and have no talent or hope whatever - despite the fact that both those teams had been beaten convincingly and that Cardiff had at least gotten a point.

I saw and heard this same stuff last year and it didn't matter how many games Cardiff won, they were always reported as being total no hopers whilst all Aston Villa or Fulham had to do was lose 3-0 at home to attract massive praise from the pundits .

Does anyone dispute that the club gets a massively unfair press ?

If you agree that we do in fact get unfairly belittled by the media generally and especially the BBC, what's it all about ?
I don't like to suggest this, but is it some anti Welsh thing ? Some might even call it a form of racism actually.

Maybe that's a bit strong , but what can be motivating this crap - they keep asking how Cardiff got promoted but that's simple isn't it ? They got more points than everyone except Wolves and that's because they're a good football team.
Anyone want to sign it if I start an e-petition or something in the subject ?

Re: BBC Bias against Cardiff City

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:17 pm

EBC biased

Try reading any Gareth Bale article it's the same.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:24 pm

I often look at their “live text” after a City match.

Seemed very dismissive of us again this week, and I say that as someone who’s normally a fan of the BBC.

I was at the match, and found these comments harsh to say the least.

Will be interested to see what they keep in on MOTD.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:31 pm

Write up looks good

Stephen Warnock was on the live text and seemed fair to me

People like a good old moan don’t they

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:44 pm

Alan Shearer tweet. Two poor teams, sh-t penalty. :laughing6:

Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:42 pm

Ebc news totally baised 99% of welsh people notice this apart from the little englanders who stand up for england regardless. Go back home i say cymru am byth

Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:50 pm

They probably read this forum before they wrote it. Bunch of miserable bastards on here, particular alot of the new users.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:47 pm

montyblue wrote:Ebc news totally baised 99% of welsh people notice this apart from the little englanders who stand up for england regardless. Go back home i say cymru am byth

We'll hang on ! Not a question of standing up for England is it. It's the media we're talking about ,not English people generally.
I live in England and have done for many years and actually people here are much more impressed with Cardiff's achievements than many here seem to be. They often comment about the way the media pick on them and belittle their efforts so it must be pretty bad when separate people in Watford, London and Norwich have all commented to me that the media seem to detest Cardiff City and wondered why they refuse to give them any credit

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:44 pm

MOTD didn’t seem biased, ok the slot was short and they picked up on the 4 major talking points

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:47 pm

Just watched Match of the Day( Sponsored by Remain), and they edited it so that it looked as if Newcastle were all over us.

We've really got to stop letting these dishonest journalists and presenters instil self doubt in us.

They think they can create the outcome they want by just repeating it over and over again until it becomes reality , but let's make sure that doesn't work !

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:50 pm

snoopystorm wrote:MOTD didn’t seem biased, ok the slot was short and they picked up on the 4 major talking points

Didn't show any good play by Cardiff, and there was plenty of it.
Makes you wonder how Murphy got " man of the match" because if you watched it on Match of theDay( Sponsored by Walkers Crisps), he didn't touch the ball !

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:54 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:MOTD didn’t seem biased, ok the slot was short and they picked up on the 4 major talking points

Makes you wonder how Murphy got " man of the match" because if you watched it on Match of theDay( Sponsored by Walkers Crisps), he didn't touch the ball !

Hence why I said it was short and more or less 6 or 8 points, artery’s shot, 3 red card incidents, Bamba’s header, Ken’s best header, Sean’s hand ball and Etheridges fantastic save

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:55 pm

So what if the media are biased against us. we should just create a siege mentality and say fook them all.
WE ARE CARDIFF CITY WE SHOULD BE USED TO IT :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:53 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:So what if the media are biased against us. we should just create a siege mentality and say fook them all.
WE ARE CARDIFF CITY WE SHOULD BE USED TO IT :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Have to agree,food em all :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:54 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:So what if the media are biased against us. we should just create a siege mentality and say fook them all.

Have to agree,fook em all :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:04 am

bluesince62 wrote:

Have to agree,fook em all :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

As we sing same old English :lol:

Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:12 am

Goalless draws are always shunted to the end of the programme. Thought the editing was fair. They showed our one effort on goal (Bambas header), the bad fouls, a couple of Newcastle chances and the penalty.
You're never gonna get too much more if your the last game on motd.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:18 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:As I mentioned in a separate posting, having watched the Cardiff City game I was very encouraged, but when I saw it reported on the BBC s. "Final Score" they were trying to tell me that Newcastle were all over them and very unlucky to not have won.

As the programme progressed they went on to enthuse about how bloody marvellous and exciting had been the performances of Woverhampton and Fulham whilst reiterating that Cardiff were utter crap and have no talent or hope whatever - despite the fact that both those teams had been beaten convincingly and that Cardiff had at least gotten a point.

I saw and heard this same stuff last year and it didn't matter how many games Cardiff won, they were always reported as being total no hopers whilst all Aston Villa or Fulham had to do was lose 3-0 at home to attract massive praise from the pundits .

If you agree that we do in fact get unfairly belittled by the media generally and especially the BBC, what's it all about ?
I don't like to suggest this, but is it some anti Welsh thing ? Some might even call it a form of racism actually.

Maybe that's a bit strong , but what can be motivating this crap - they keep asking how Cardiff got promoted but that's simple isn't it ? They got more points than everyone except Wolves and that's because they're a good football team.

The reason I think we will go down this season is because wolves and Fulham will definitely stay up and west ham will not stay where they are.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:53 am

Dahboy wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:As I mentioned in a separate posting, having watched the Cardiff City game I was very encouraged, but when I saw it reported on the BBC s. "Final Score" they were trying to tell me that Newcastle were all over them and very unlucky to not have won.

The reason I think we will go down this season is because wolves and Fulham will definitely stay up and west ham will not stay where they are.

ah right...so we are in a four horse race for the relegation spots and you dont think the other 3 will go down. :laughing5: :laughing5:

Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:00 am

Dahboy wrote:

Why will Wolves and Fulham both stay up?

Fulham were worse than us last year and have invested terribly this year they will finish bottom. Personally agree that Wolves will stay up but still all the media and some of their deluded fans thinking top 10 need a reality check their not that amazing and we will be close their point tally. Also their are plenty of other bang average teams in this league that we are as good as if not better who will also be battling in the bottom half of the league.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:26 am

1 shot on target against a pi*$ poor Newcastle team with 10 men. What would you like the BBC to say about the game?

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:45 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

they tend to show goal mouth incidents and talking points not little dribles with no end product..
i will agree if we are treated the same next week after beating Huddersfield 4-2 though

Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:23 am

Some very sound comments above, and that's all okay as long as we're aware of what's going on here because we must not start believing these people that we're no bloody good.
It must not be allowed to wither the team spirit, or discourage the fans who must play an important part in doing this thing.

We are facing a Goebbels like propoganda campaign which is intended to destroy our morale and we must defy it !

Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:43 am

Great too see the ground en masse applaud Josh returning to the half way line after a poor feee kick.
Keep the doubters at bay and keep supporting the boys.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:52 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Some very sound comments above, and that's all okay as long as we're aware of what's going on here because we must not start believing these people that we're no bloody good.
It must not be allowed to wither the team spirit, or discourage the fans who must play an important part in doing this thing.

We are facing a Goebbels like propoganda campaign which is intended to destroy our morale and we must defy it !

Thank you sir Jimmy, exactly my sentiments.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:32 pm

BBC making out we are crap works for me, fans of other clubs who believe playing Cardiff is a guaranteed 3pts will soon get on the backs their team when suddenly they realise we are not bad, actually we are a well organised difficult side to beat.

Don’t worry about the world outside, it doesn’t like us.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:51 pm

What will keep us (and other teams) in the Premier League is clean sheets, not pretty football. We are in a better position to do that than Fulham and about the same as Wolves, who do defend well. I still think there are up to 12 teams capable of relegation from the Premier League, and that includes us, Fulham and Wolves.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:07 pm

bluebird58 wrote:What will keep us (and other teams) in the Premier League is clean sheets, not pretty football. We are in a better position to do that than Fulham and about the same as Wolves, who do defend well. I still think there are up to 12 teams capable of relegation from the Premier League, and that includes us, Fulham and Wolves.

Yep take away the big 6 plus Everton and Leicester and then any of the other 12 have the potential to go down though obviously some more likely than others. Still maintain we will be fine especially now I have seen our new midfield trio together :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:09 pm

“Mum-uum, the BBC are being nasty again”.

You’re supposed to be grown men, not Canton knitting club..

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:43 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Just watched Match of the Day( Sponsored by Remain), and they edited it so that it looked as if Newcastle were all over us.

Don't be so daft. They showed all of match the highlights and there were very few of those. In terms of quality, it was a poor game between two poor-looking sides who created very little by way of goalmouth action. There were a few interesting incidents such as the bad fouls and the penalty, but the football itself was generally a dire spectacle for any neutral viewers.

There is no BBC conspiracy. They didn't show City's shots on target as there weren't any. Match of the Day can't show highlights which didn't happen.