Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Arter, Hayden & Kenedy incidents “

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:43 pm

Not seen the highlights yet, but a lot of press reports that Arter and Kenedy should have been sent off as well as Hayden?

From the view I had in the upper Ninian it looked like a definite red for Hayden, although the replay will be interesting.

Again, from my view, Arter seemed to make no attempt for the ball and just kicked away the Newcastle player. Again though, the replay might clear that up.

Didn’t see the incident with Kenedy, but apparently should have been sent off in the first half.

MOTD should be a good watch for these three incidents especially - although I expect it will be the last match, seen as it was goalless.

Should all three have been sent off?

Re: “ Arter, Hayden & Kenedy incidents “

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:45 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Not seen the highlights yet, but a lot of press reports that Arter and Kenedy should have been sent off as well as Hayden?

From the view I had in the upper Ninian it looked like a definite red for Hayden, although the replay will be interesting.

Again, from my view, Arter seemed to make no attempt for the ball and just kicked away the Newcastle player. Again though, the replay might clear that up.

Didn’t see the incident with Kenedy, but apparently should have been sent off in the first half.

MOTD should be a good watch for these three incidents especially - although I expect it will be the last match, seen as it was goalless.

Should all three have been sent off?

Short answer - yes

Even Danny Gabbidon, Craig Bellamy and Jamie Carragher all thought so too

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:08 pm

Arta just deliberately swung leg to trip player up to concede free kick red card would've been harsh! but ncastle players both constituted serious foul play to me that was difference in incidents :old:

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:09 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Arta just deliberately swung leg to trip player up to concede free kick red card would've been harsh! but ncastle players both constituted serious foul play to me that was difference in incidents :old:

He vollied his knee...... it was dangerous, no intent to play the ball

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:10 pm

They were all bad but the sending off challenge by haydon was probably the wrong decision.
But you can see why he was sent off, it seemed slightly harsh.

Kenedy kick on Camarasa was bad and should have been a straight red, i cant believe the referee missed it he should get a retrospective ban for that incident.

Harry Arter unfortunatly for us was also a very bad challenge and he may well end up with a ban aswell.

Both Kenedy and Arter challenges deserved a red card

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:12 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Arta just deliberately swung leg to trip player up to concede free kick red card would've been harsh! but ncastle players both constituted serious foul play to me that was difference in incidents :old:

Really ?
Harry Arters challenge was dangerous and deserved a red, i thought it was the worst challenge of the three.
He will probably get a ban

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:15 pm

snoopystorm wrote:

That's what I said but Was it dangerous though? Ref didn't think so.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:17 pm

thomasblue wrote:

Really ?
Harry Arters challenge was dangerous and deserved a red, i thought it was the worst challenge of the three.

Ok matter of opinion and ref didnt see it as dangerous from couple yds away? as for bans neither Kennedy or arter can get retrospective bans as ref gave yellow cards in both cases :thumbup:
Last edited by pembroke allan on Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:18 pm

As Arter was booked at the time, I don’t think any further action can be taken.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:18 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:

Couple of the refs decisions overall were dodgy, and yes it was dangerous, watch the replay and you’ll see Arter blow out as if he’s striking the ball toward goal

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:21 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:

Couple of the refs decisions overall were dodgy, and yes it was dangerous, watch the replay and you’ll see Arter blow out as if he’s striking the ball toward goal

Typical refereeing some decisions good others debatable not sure can say were bad decisions :thumbup:

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:23 pm

thomasblue wrote:They were all bad but the sending off challenge by haydon was probably the wrong decision.

Kenedy kick on Camarasa was bad and should have been a straight red, i cant believe the referee missed it he should get a retrospective ban for that incident.

Harry Arter unfortunatly for us was also a very bad challenge and he may well end up with a ban aswell.

Neither can get retrospective bans as booked by ref incidents closed :thumbup:

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:29 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
thomasblue wrote:They were all bad but the sending off challenge by haydon was probably the wrong decision.

Neither can get retrospective bans as booked by ref incidents closed :thumbup:

The rules were changed this season to include "Not seen" incidents.
I dont think kenedy was booked it was just a free kick . Arter was booked so may be a lucky boy if the ref only deemed it a yellow.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:20 pm

Arter can’t get a ban because he was given a yellow

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:43 pm

Ian Wright and Phil Neville both agreed 3 reds on MOTD

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:46 pm

Arter went for a professional foul and misjudged it. No complaint against a yellow. And no complaints if it was red card. He will get one soon enough. Keep it up!

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:58 pm

I thought Harry Arter was brilliant today for us, so I'm not enthusiastic about focussing on this incident .
It was a professional foul which might well have prevented a goal, so there it is. He couldn't have complained if he'd come unstuck over it, but he took the risk and on this occasion he got away with it.
Ther've been plenty of times when such decisions have gone against us and so let's not dwell on it at the expense of celebrating the aquisition of such a fine player.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:59 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I thought Harry Arter was brilliant today for us, so I'm not enthusiastic about focussing on this incident .
It was a professional foul which might well have prevented a goal, so there it is. He couldn't have complained if he'd come unstuck over it, but he took the risk and on this occasion he got away with it.
Ther've been plenty of times when such decisions have gone against us and so let's not dwell on it at the expense of celebrating the aquisition of such a fine player.

If you take that tackle out he had a fantastic game

Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:26 am

Kenedy wasn't booked,that kick out was nasty and deserved a red.
So I can see him getting a ban.
Arter the ref seen it and deemed it a yellow , so that's the end of that.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:36 am

I dont think Arters was anywhere as near as bad., like any other late tackle. He took one for the team after sloppyness on giving ball away

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:36 am

Arter’s should have definitely been a red as well as the other two incidents.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:46 am

MOTD don't show enough,there should have been a 4th sending off manquillo,was booked for pulling back Murphy, then did it again.benitez took him off at half time coz he knew he'd be gone

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:48 am

For me Artur knew what he was doing and that was to stop the break away to stop them getting a chance, as some would say a professional foul, footballers at this level (remember he is one of our only premership experienced players) know they take a chance on that being a red or yellow, in my opinion it deserved a red but he’s got away with a yellow, so that should be that.

However I see the Kennedy incident differently, it was a split second after the initial incident and was done with intent, it was sly and cynical probably born out of frustration but still no excuse, it’s clear the ref was looking beyond the incident and therefore it should be a retrospective ban in my opinion.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:00 am

nojac wrote:Kenedy wasn't booked,that kick out was nasty and deserved a red.
So I can see him getting a ban.
Arter the ref seen it and deemed it a yellow , so that's the end of that.

TBH Kenedy's performance was so bad a ban will probably be doing Newcastle a favour.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:24 am

Three reds for me all day long.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:17 pm

You can argue a case for and against the incidents involving Arter and Hayden as both involved a passage of play where the player they tackled was in possession of the ball. Kenedy however was pure and simple violent conduct and was a 100% red card. He should be banned in retrospect but the other 2 players were shown cards and therefore no further action can be taken.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:24 pm

thomasblue wrote:

Really ?

He won't get a ban as the ref booked him. Its only if the ref misses it.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:29 pm

What about the Newcastle right back that started the game ?

Booked for fouling Murphy and 10 mins later Murphy beats him again and he clearly pulled his shirt. Should have been another yellow and Newcastle down to ten men before half time.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:33 pm

thomasblue wrote:

Really ?

No he can’t. Referee saw the incident and gave him a yellow so that now can’t be changed :thumbup:

Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:46 pm

thomasblue wrote:

Really ?

1. The rules as I understand them is that Harry can not be retrospectively punished further as he was cautioned(yellow card) for the tackle.

2. Kenedy on the other hand will possibly face a retrospective red card with up to a 3 match ban as the referee took no action.

3. The sending off of Haydon was the correct decision as he tackled Camarasa from behind in a serious out of control manner. The only similarity between Arters and Haydons tackles was that they did not make contact with the ball. Harry's tackle from the side, was intentional but under control (ungentlemanly conduct/ yellow card). Haydons was from behind contacting with studs showing his opponents calf.(serious foul play/red card).

I thought the Ref was in control through-out the game.