Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OMG KENNETH ZOHORE!!!!! (Leave him alone)

Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:04 pm

Zohore didn’t play MANY friendlies. He probably played about 2 or 3 in total, that’s not enough for fitness don’t care what anyone says. He has been injured for a week and a bit, and he starts today, gives his all and makes himself available doing everything he could. He missed a couple headers that should have atleast challenged the keeper I agree, but if you want to complain about our attack then blame the CHANCES. If ken had a chance on the ground in this box I’d prefer our chances. Obviously the crosses were superb when they came in, but everyone and their grandparents know Zohore isn’t great in the air. Leave him alone ffs he was SOLID today. Finish or no finish.

Unbelievable some of you. Hoilett had a MARE last week and IMO was appalling and offered nothing, yet nobody critiqued him. A week later and Hoilett Just looked near his normal self. The same needs to and WILL happen with Zohore. He needs a run of games. Stop asking for his head. We drew! We didn’t lose! Chill

Re: OMG KENNETH ZOHORE!!!!!

Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:08 pm

Nothing wrong with people debating the pros and cons of a players performance.
His link up play and work rate was decent today.
His finishing and heading were awful and nowhere near football league standard let alone premier league.
No getting away from the fact he could and should have scored twice.
Even his own team mates were getting frustrated.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:12 pm

Savigma wrote:Zohore didn’t play MANY friendlies. He probably played about 2 or 3 in total, that’s not enough for fitness don’t care what anyone says. He has been injured for a week and a bit, and he starts today, gives his all and makes himself available doing everything he could. He missed a couple headers that should have atleast challenged the keeper I agree, but if you want to complain about our attack then blame the CHANCES. If ken had a chance on the ground in this box I’d prefer our chances. Obviously the crosses were superb when they came in, but everyone and their grandparents know Zohore isn’t great in the air. Leave him alone ffs he was SOLID today. Finish or no finish.

Unbelievable some of you. Hoilett had a MARE last week and IMO was appalling and offered nothing, yet nobody critiqued him. A week later and Hoilett Just looked near his normal self. The same needs to and WILL happen with Zohore. He needs a run of games. Stop asking for his head. We drew! We didn’t lose! Chill

The only problem is we say practically the same thing about him every week. If we are not playing to his strengths, should we be using a different striker. I don't know what the answer is, but Zohore is a striker who is dreadful in the air and does not score goals. He does well in other areas, but seems to lack certain qualities you would expect from a number one striker. Hopefully he will come good, something I seem to say every month.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:58 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Savigma wrote:Zohore didn’t play MANY friendlies. He probably played about 2 or 3 in total, that’s not enough for fitness don’t care what anyone says. He has been injured for a week and a bit, and he starts today, gives his all and makes himself available doing everything he could. He missed a couple headers that should have atleast challenged the keeper I agree, but if you want to complain about our attack then blame the CHANCES. If ken had a chance on the ground in this box I’d prefer our chances. Obviously the crosses were superb when they came in, but everyone and their grandparents know Zohore isn’t great in the air. Leave him alone ffs he was SOLID today. Finish or no finish.

The only problem is we say practically the same thing about him every week. If we are not playing to his strengths, should we be using a different striker. I don't know what the answer is, but Zohore is a striker who is dreadful in the air and does not score goals. He does well in other areas, but seems to lack certain qualities you would expect from a number one striker. Hopefully he will come good, something I seem to say every month.

We haven't got a better option.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:03 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

We haven't got a better option.

Am not a fan of zohore, am rarely critical and am not even going to complicate it like I usually do. He’s not good enough, simple as that especially at this level. Is what it is. No we don’t have another option, More than pleased with how we competed today and our transfers and getting a quality forward in is not easy but it’s the one area that will cost us.

Re: OMG KENNETH ZOHORE!!!!! (Leave him alone)

Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:17 am

No ifs or buts ee must get a goalscorer in January

Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:45 am

He was Shiite last season too.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:26 am

Bluesman wrote:No ifs or buts ee must get a goalscorer in January

Couldn’t afford one in the Summer but suddenly will have the money in January when prices are a lot higher?

Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:00 am

maccydee wrote:
Bluesman wrote:No ifs or buts ee must get a goalscorer in January

Couldn’t afford one in the Summer but suddenly will have the money in January when prices are a lot higher?

Spot on. Prices are inflated in Jan and Warnock has said on many occasions he won't pay the rip off prices in Jan. I wouldn't bank on it.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:51 am

Our wingers are going to have to provide the goals, they did it last year but it’s going to be hard for them his year. But we all knew the difficult challenge. Is what it is.