Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: NEIL WARNOCK: " STRIKER "

Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:46 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:For crying out loud. This was his 1st game in the Prem. It will take all the players time to get up to speed and adjust to the Prem. Thought we played well enough, got a point on the board and a clean sheet.

If we don't start scoring 6 games in, then its time to worry

Some fans think all the players should be up to speed of premiership already as it's no different to championship. :o

He needs to train to be anywhere near up to speed, if you don’t train you suffer and ultimately the team suffers

Very true but remind me who hasn't been able to train past 2wks? Also other players need to adapt to fact cannot linger on ball and need to be quicker with passes so not just kens problem :o

Zohore hasn’t trained for 2 and a half weeks according to Warnock

Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:19 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:For crying out loud. This was his 1st game in the Prem. It will take all the players time to get up to speed and adjust to the Prem. Thought we played well enough, got a point on the board and a clean sheet.

If we don't start scoring 6 games in, then its time to worry

Some fans think all the players should be up to speed of premiership already as it's no different to championship. :o

He needs to train to be anywhere near up to speed, if you don’t train you suffer and ultimately the team suffers

Very true but remind me who hasn't been able to train past 2wks? Also other players need to adapt to fact cannot linger on ball and need to be quicker with passes so not just kens problem :o

Zohore hasn’t trained for 2 and a half weeks

Is it any surprise he wasn't looking sharp? Like said several players looked off the pace as Well, more games and hopefully get into swing of premiership and whats required. :thumbup:

Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:16 pm

john52 wrote:I am not knocking what you are trying to say but I differ in the opinion that he is good enough and I believe he has been give n plenty of chances to prove himself and NOW maybe it is time to give Madine or someone else a run in the team and see if they can score goals which last season Zohore struggled to do.We need someone to score goals .Some say Madine is a donkey but at least he can head a ball very well .Yesterday on at least one occasion I’m sure Madine would have put the ball in the net therefore giving us 3 points not 1,

Why are you obsessed with headers? Less than 1 in 5 goals in the Premier League are headers.

I love your confidence in Madine - a player whose only effort on target for us so far was a penalty which was saved. Yet you are sure that he would have scored a header yesterday when we did not create a single clear chance. Our set piece delivery was terrible. Even Morrison could not get near any.

Ken is the best we have. For God's sake get off his back.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:40 pm

john52 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
john52 wrote:I am not knocking what you are trying to say but I differ in the opinion that he is good enough and I believe he has been give n plenty of chances to prove himself and NOW maybe it is time to give Madine or someone else a run in the team and see if they can score goals which last season Zohore struggled to do.We need someone to score goals .Some say Madine is a donkey but at least he can head a ball very well .Yesterday on at least one occasion I’m sure Madine would have put the ball in the net therefore giving us 3 points not 1,

yes he has been given plenty of chances..and how did that work out?
oh yes we won promotion ,which would have been impossible with a striker nearly as poor as some {including you } are making out he is..

So why does that say it was BECAuse of Zohore WE had to rely on other players to score

i didnt say it was BECAUSE of Zohore...but he certainly cant have been anywhere near as poor as your { he has had plenty of chances } remark implies AND be the target man in that set up and us win promotion ..he is a good player if you cant see that its your loss mate..

Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:42 pm

dalefo wrote:Zahore is not good enough for the prem we are in desperate need of a striker I can only see goals coming from midfield and Warnock knows this hopefully I am proved wrong but I think we are creating chances but not clinical in front of goal any other striker would bury the chances we get

we didnt create much in way of chances either yesterday or at Bournemouth {where Zohore didnt play and was sorely missed }

Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:45 pm

llan bluebird wrote:We may be in the premier league, but we are not a premier league club....Kenny is the best we have or could afford, so we need to support him.

Yes, Vinny could have loosened the purse strings, but lets be honest he has learnt. All you Johnny come lately's deserted the club as soon as you could when we were relegated last time and will probably do the same next season. So lets be financially prudent and have a solid club going into the future.
Sort your head out mate ! In one breath you say lets support him and you follow it by slagging off "Johnny come lately's" who are paying good money , supporting the club to ensure we are " financially prudent and have a solid club going in the future" Oh and I stayed with the club after we went down last time ! :old:

Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:47 pm

Typical journalistic bullshit this post though.

This interview was on Transfer deadline day, Warnock speaking just after he signed Arter & Camarasa. The timing of this REPOST is dissapointint at BEST considering we want to support and encourage the team, not remind everyone that we wanted more strikers.

Warnock wanted another striker yes, but as backup to Zohore. Irrelevant post only exists because of a personal Vandetta against a SOLID striker who we rejected TWENTY FIVE MILLION for.

I’m starting to have a strong dislike towards certain city fans purely because of people’s agenda

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:36 pm

I have always thought that Pilkington deserved a shot shame he is out of favour

Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:10 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:
john52 wrote:SO why did he play him

Probably the same reason your boss employs you; no one better available...for now! ;) :laughing6:

The truth is that Neil Warnock knows what he has and will endeavour to get the most out of the squad available to him. It's a choice between Zohore and Madine up front and recent history suggests the former will get the nod for now at least, so the rest of the team (as with all other teams in league) will have to be smart enough to adapt to the strengths of those around them

Personally, I saw enough on Saturday to make me think City will get goals and points in the coming months but I am one of those oddball City fans that remains positive rather than negative even though only two games have past

We have what we have and manager, players and fans just have to roll up the sleeves and get on with it! :ayatollah:

Honestly Chris, it’s like trying to explain to primary school children sometimes!

..... he’s the best we’ve got and the only way he becomes match fit after an injury and not training is to play matches like yesterday.
Rocket science can be difficult to grasp sometimes.

Paul, if only it was rocket science! LOL :laughing6:

There seems to be a bit of an abundance of (apparent) newbie negativos of late; many of whom are clearly showing their lack of understanding

Sometimes it's better they stay quiet and let people think they are stupid rather than open their mouths and confirm it beyond doubt! :thumbright: :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:40 pm

I’d play Paterson up front before Ken.
At least he’s good with his head and also has an eye for goal.
I’ve never seen a player the height of Ken who’s as poor at heading the ball.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:48 pm

Igovernor wrote:We need to get low crosses in not to his head!

yeah cross the ball low and early , we take too many touches crossing the ball ,letting defenders position themselves

Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:18 pm

Zahore didn't even look like a professional footballer against Newcastle not alone Prem striker I'd try Madine next game better heading better work rate more energy needs a goal for his confidence but everything else is alot better than what we have seen from Zahore the last 2 seasons

Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:21 pm

Jonny88 wrote:Zahore didn't even look like a professional footballer against Newcastle not alone Prem striker I'd try Madine next game better heading better work rate more energy needs a goal for his confidence but everything else is alot better than what we have seen from Zahore the last 2 seasons

:shock: :shock: :shock: