Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bobby Reid - Where will he play?

Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:26 am

How do we fit him into the system, assuming he won't be leading the line?

Re: Bobby Reid - Where will he play?

Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:38 am

I think we could play well with a front three of Hoilett, Murphy and Reid.

Especially with players like Arter and Camarasa playing balls in between the defenders for them to run onto.

Let all three switch throughout the game. I dont believe the idea we need a target man to hold the ball up, That is old style football a lot of teams now play without a big man up front with free flowing passing football. Our pace will terify defences even at this level we should play to our strength which is pace up front.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:42 am

thomasblue wrote:I think we could play well with a front three of Hoilett, Murphy and Reid.

Especially with players like Arter and Camarasa playing balls in between the defenders for them to run onto.

Let all three switch throughout the game. I dont believe the idea we need a target man to hold the ball up, That is old style football a lot of teams now play without a big man up front with free flowing passing football. Our pace will terify defences even at this level we should play to our strength which is pace up front.

Hoilett has done his groin be out for abit

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:48 am

I think I'd try Murphy Zahore and Reid up front. We've got the midfield to back them up now

Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:27 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
thomasblue wrote:I think we could play well with a front three of Hoilett, Murphy and Reid.

Hoilett has done his groin be out for abit

Going to be a massive miss.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:25 pm

I see Reid as an attacking midfielder/number 10, playing just off Zohore.
Don't see him as a loan striker or non the wing at all.