Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Harry Arter: Cardiff midfielder criticises pundits' 'ridicul

Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:36 pm

Harry Arter: Cardiff midfielder criticises pundits' 'ridiculous comments'

Cardiff City midfielder Harry Arter says some football pundits have made "ridiculous comments" about the club's chances of Premier League survival.

After their opening loss to Bournemouth last weekend, BBC pundit Chris Sutton said the Bluebirds would be relegated "with a record-low points tally".

The former striker said he was trying to "madden" BBC Radio 5 live presenter Jason Mohammad, who is a Cardiff fan.

And fellow pundit Robbie Savage called Sutton's remarks "tongue in cheek".

But Arter, speaking to BBC Radio 5 live after his side's 0-0 draw with Newcastle on Saturday, said: "There have been some ridiculous comments from certain people.

"You just ignore it because they're silly comments, especially from fellow professionals who have played the game.

"They should have a better understanding of football. For whatever reason, they feel like they may need to get a bit more publicity to get better jobs."

Republic of Ireland international Arter, 28, is on a season-long loan deal at Cardiff from top-flight rivals Bournemouth.

Saturday's home draw with the Magpies gave the Premier League newcomers their first point of the season. The Bluebirds were BBC chief football writer Phil McNulty and the BBC Sport readers' pick to finish bottom of the league this season.

Derby County hold the record for the lowest points tally with 11 in 2007-08.

Responding to the comments by ex-Premier League forward Sutton, Savage told 5 live's 606 show that he also tipped Cardiff to be relegated.

"He [Sutton] thinks Cardiff will go down with a record number of points to wind Jason up - it has been blown out of all proportion," said the former Wales midfielder.

"Chris thinks Cardiff will go down and so do I. Chris is a fantastic pundit, he does not have to say things to get airtime to get better jobs."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45238562

Re: Harry Arter: Cardiff midfielder criticises pundits' 'rid

Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:58 pm

Well said Harry.

Put those media whores in their place.

Sutton is thick as shit and Savage has been a prick for his entire career both on and off the pitch so it's nice to hear Arter telling it like it is.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:29 pm

The mistake Sutton made was Mohammad isn’t a Cardiff fan. Mohammad is a Spurs fan, he was 100% in favour of Tan’s rebrand and he ridiculed every Bluebird who fought against the identity of our club getting extinguished. Mohammad is a complete bellend.

Well said Arter, I think Arter is a very similar player to Joe Allen from what I saw yesterday. He’s a fantastic signing.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:44 pm

the whole programme is about saying things that will rile fans..

having said i love it when a player sticks up for our club..well done Harry