Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bobby reid for holliet next week

Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:20 pm

I think this might work next week reid playing instead of holliet close to zohore don' t think we need 2 wingers whipping in crosses for someone who clearly cannot head a ball so a change of tactics midfield ralls arter camarasa playing balls through the middle or maybe swap zohore for patterson who can head a ball if we want to play with wingers crossing balls any thoughts.

Re: Bobby reid for holliet next week

Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:41 pm

montyblue wrote:I think this might work next week reid playing instead of holliet close to zohore don' t think we need 2 wingers whipping in crosses for someone who clearly cannot head a ball so a change of tactics midfield ralls arter camarasa playing balls through the middle or maybe swap zohore for patterson who can head a ball if we want to play with wingers crossing balls any thoughts.

and who is going to do all that tracking back down the flank that Hoilett does..?

Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:54 pm

dogfound wrote:
montyblue wrote:I think this might work next week reid playing instead of holliet close to zohore don' t think we need 2 wingers whipping in crosses for someone who clearly cannot head a ball so a change of tactics midfield ralls arter camarasa playing balls through the middle or maybe swap zohore for patterson who can head a ball if we want to play with wingers crossing balls any thoughts.

and who is going to do all that tracking back down the flank that Hoilett does..?

We might not have Hoilett next week if he has pulled his groin

Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:56 pm

DOGFOUND
Don' t ask me buddy i'am a fan not the manager just a suggestion of a tactical change not a criticism of holliet per say i could have said murphy instead of holliet or lang off the wing just thought murphy was more influential my main point was 2 wingers not needed if we changed the tactic of playing more through the middle no need to jump on my back buddy.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:24 pm

montyblue wrote:DOGFOUND
Don' t ask me buddy i'am a fan not the manager just a suggestion of a tactical change not a criticism of holliet per say i could have said murphy instead of holliet or lang off the wing just thought murphy was more influential my main point was 2 wingers not needed if we changed the tactic of playing more through the middle no need to jump on my back buddy.

im sorry you see everything as jumping on your back...
it was a question.....the wide forwards /wingers really do put in a big shift tracking back in this system and you suggested only playing one..?

Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:19 pm

You can play wingers and still play it through the middle just have the wingers cut in and have midfielder play it narrow or if crossing play it along the floor, zohore will have more chance coverting it

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:13 pm

Holiest getting injured could force our hand :old: :old:

Bring Patterson in on the right and get Reid through the middle. Zohure on the bench for me :occasion5: :occasion5:

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:54 pm

You can't post an opinion and then get shitty when someone challenges you...

Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:39 pm

Gringo22 wrote:You can play wingers and still play it through the middle just have the wingers cut in and have midfielder play it narrow or if crossing play it along the floor, zohore will have more chance coverting it

Actually if you want that you change your wingers round so the left one is on the right and vice versa. You don't normally do that right through the game though.
Really though, I think it's too late to change our minds about how we attack. If we do that there'll be at least five games adjusting and people will get mixed up and let opponents through. I've wondered for a long time when and if Gary Madine might come good - I'm wondering whether we could get him to simply collect high balls and feed them to Reid ,who'd have to play in the forward midfield place for that to work. It's a challenge , and that's a fact !

Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:43 pm

Don't have to be the manager to try and understand the shape we're trying to play - you might enjoy it, but I'm sure that our friend wasn't meaning to " jump on your back" and nor am I . It's great fun to discuss these things and we can surely disagree without being disagreeable .