Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Liverpool fans raise eyebrows as Cardiff crowd sing 'Allez..

Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:11 pm

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... 045536.amp

I'm sure they stole it themselves?! Then the article goes on to link about previous songs... Three little birds in 2016. The cheek of them stealing that...

Poor little scouse snowflakes!

Re: Liverpool fans raise eyebrows as Cardiff crowd sing 'All

Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:13 pm

Quick Google. They stole it from Napoli. Or as the say 'borrowed' it... Yet we've stolen it.

Hate em.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:53 pm

Liverpool people accusing others of stealing off them......this should be huge news .

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:29 pm

dogfound wrote:Liverpool people accusing others of stealing off them......this should be huge news .

A city of hard-done-by 'Scallies' who are always the victims and never to blame!

Don't 'hate' them but don't trust or respect them either! :(

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:57 pm

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:Liverpool people accusing others of stealing off them......this should be huge news .

A city of hard-done-by 'Scallies' who are always the victims and never to blame!

Don't 'hate' them but don't trust or respect them either! :(

pretty much sums up how i feel.....as regards the football club i grew up watching MOTD with commentators fortnightly like clockwork dropping in how knowledgable their fans are {everyone else was hooligans bar Liverpool }..

Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:22 am

dogfound wrote:as regards the football club i grew up watching MOTD with commentators fortnightly like clockwork dropping in how knowledgable their fans are {everyone else was hooligans bar Liverpool }..

God I remember that. David Coleman, Barry Davies and all always giving endless praise to Liverpool fans with statements like "they are as professional as the players" when they went quite :lol:

I always remember the Heysel Stadium tragedy were the BBC and press went to town trying to blame anyone but Liverpool fans. There was one press article which said it was the fault of Chelsea fans! which was odd as most of those convicted had Merseyside addresses :roll:

Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:50 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
dogfound wrote:as regards the football club i grew up watching MOTD with commentators fortnightly like clockwork dropping in how knowledgable their fans are {everyone else was hooligans bar Liverpool }..

God I remember that. David Coleman, Barry Davies and all always giving endless praise to Liverpool fans with statements like "they are as professional as the players" when they went quite :lol:

I always remember the Heysel Stadium tragedy were the BBC and press went to town trying to blame anyone but Liverpool fans. There was one press article which said it was the fault of Chelsea fans! which was odd as most of those convicted had Merseyside addresses :roll:

im sure it was Liverpools chairman that first claimed their fans had been infiltrated by Chelsea who had started the trouble...and yes initially our media were quite prepared to buy into it..
but i found those MOTD commentries and footage a bit much..NEVER trouble with Liverpool always edited out to not spoil the myth..then crowd shots in all the other games of hooligans climbing fences or someone being dragged out by two coppers.

Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:33 am

Songs like these are more for a party - and don't create an intimidating atmosphere.

Did we have songs like these at Ninian - NO.

Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:38 am

Liverpool fans and scouse people steal and rob everybody and everything. Even that cringeworthy you'll never pork again was stolen from Celtic. Horrible scummy lot and of course nothing is ever their fault.

Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:47 am

Gaz777 wrote:Songs like these are more for a party - and don't create an intimidating atmosphere.

Did we have songs like these at Ninian - NO.

bob bank do the ayahtollah was hardly intimidating either

Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:13 pm

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.iris ... 3fmode=amp

Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:52 pm

I tend to agree with the Scousers on this. Anyone denying that Liverpool didn’t make it famous over here is denying reality.

I find it pathetic that we have to copy them. Then again, it is the same old generic songs [insert club name] up and down the UK.

Having said UK, I’ve been to a few games in Scotland and they have their own chants and culture.

We are literally the most unique team in the league (being Welsh) and we don’t use it at all. On the same note, we have the oldest chant in football (pic n shovel) and yet we chose to sing the scouse song. Makes me cringe

We can’t even learn the words to a frigging battle cry! (Men of Harlech).

The day a huge part of my footballing soul died was when I went to watch Toronto play in an MLS match a few years back.

They had chants, piro, tifos. They literally make us look like a bunch of bankers in comparison. And that is in Canada.

It is time to aceept that our fans just ain’t what they used to be.

Ah well, and it’s Cardiff City... :roll:

Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:08 am

The thieving Scousers had never heard of it until Porto fans were singing it in the bars and ground prior to playing Liverpool earlier this year.

Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:01 pm

Apparently Celtic fans were signing "You'll never walk alone" as far back as the fifties long before the Scousers adopted it. Didn't stop them for claiming it as their own.

Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:48 pm

We’re the famous Cardiff city
We steal all your songs
We sing them in the canton
And you are f’ing mongs

(Towards the scousers) :laughing6:

Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:03 pm

Couldn't give a toss about what they say... hate Liverpool. What about their songs ffs