Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Pundits

Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:32 pm

Nearly all the media have condemned us to last place and defo relegation. Again yesterday they scoffed at us and said it wasn’t much of a game. After the match chatting to 2 Newcastle supporters they said they would hate to see their team play like that all the time. But hey wait a minute. We were a better team than the Toon who had an ineffective attack. Only Shelvey kept their heads above water and I was for one really proud of our determination and fight. The Canton were in full voice, the players pressurised and tackled and when Newcastle couldn’t compete at that stage they went in with some bad fouls. When this didn’t intimidate us their players started rolling on the floor. Yes I was proud. Determined and giving of their best the players might not be blessed with some superior skills of other teams but they never left anything in the locker. No team is going to enjoy coming here. Let me remind these so called pundits in the media. We are not going down without a fight. We are not a dirty team. We are professional hard working and play the game as it used to be when you were allowed to tackle and try to win the ball. The improvement is already noticeable. Bloobirds - we will have the last laugh. One thing us fans will always ask for - just give your best and give it your all. We are right behind you. I’m sure the supporters at Huddersfiels and against the Arsenal will give it some noise. I’m pumped up already. Linekar, Shearer, Lawrenson etc get ready to be embarrassed

Re: The Pundits

Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:49 pm

Those Newcastle fans would hate to see their team play like us yet I thought we passed the ball around much better than them. We will never get any credit off the pundits or media so we just need to finish 17th or higher and shove it up them at the end of the season

Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:36 pm

Pundits?,last season??,what they say should only serve as incentive enough!!served us well last year.same again boys.CCFC!!

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:31 pm

Never listen to them.

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:54 pm

We played some great stuff last year before all the injuries we had took it’s toll on us
I love the way we play compared to the Slade and Trollope era

Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:05 pm

I don't blame the pundits for predicting us to be bottom, I think most of us would do the same if another team had a squad like ours.

Luckily the pundits often get it wrong :occasion5:

Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:49 pm

I agree to a certain extent,but its the total disdain that they usually display that irks me!anyway f**k the pundits,BLOOOOOBIIIIIIRDS#KEEP THE FAITH.