Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bruno Manga at RB

Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:10 am

I know a lot of people slated him last season in this position, he was some times a bit slow to react but I for one trust him and believe he is a quality player at this level. That performance Saturday for me proves I was right and do people now believe like I do that he should be first choice RB???

Re: Bruno Manga at RB

Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:15 am

one swallow doesnt make a summer.

thought he did well Saturday but dont think it comes naturally to him , i really wish we had signed a right back.

Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:15 am

I don't believe he should be first choice right back (Jazz should be for me) but Manga couldn't be faulted on Saturday and was part of the reason why Kenedy had a stinker !!

Personally I think Manga and Morrison will be our CB partnership after a while. I love Bamba but his distribution was found out on Saturday and Manga is much more comfortable on the ball.

Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:01 am

piledriver64 wrote:I don't believe he should be first choice right back (Jazz should be for me) but Manga couldn't be faulted on Saturday and was part of the reason why Kenedy had a stinker !!

Personally I think Manga and Morrison will be our CB partnership after a while. I love Bamba but his distribution was found out on Saturday and Manga is much more comfortable on the ball.

a fully fit fully motivated Jazz is head and shoulders our best option in that position i agree.
but how fit and motivated is he..?
23 starts in Warnocks 83 games in charge mostly missing due to nigles doesnt fill me with confidence tbh.

Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:50 pm

Manga was helped really by Kenedy having an absolute mare

Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:59 pm

He had a decent game on Saturday. But whilst Manga is a class CB still dont think he is a RB. Wasn't really tested on Saturday.

Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:21 pm

We're in a similar sort of situation to last time we got promoted where we've ended up starting the season with a centre half at right back. The issue being this time that the window isn't open to us to fix the problem.

We'll get away with it sometimes but other times we're really going to struggle.

I know Paterson's not the best defender in the world but surely we're better off having a natural right back there than a centee half?

You've also got to wonder why it is that Warnock clearly felt we needed a new right back last summer which is why he signed paterson. Now we're a division higher in the same situation he's not done anything about it.

Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:38 pm

He did okay in the position at times last season too, but I also remember him looking awful when direct pacey wingers came anywhere near him.

can't fault him against Newcastle but at the same time can't heap praise on him too much as he was far from tested.. Hope I'm wrong but feel when the big tests come this season for him (Having wingers running directly at him, cutting in off the wing, anyone with a decent amount of pace coming up against him) he will really be found out.

Happy to be proven wrong mind!

Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:41 pm

Nice to see all of you giving him credit for his performance, I thought we needed to sign RB in the summer and do agree I thought jazz would be slotted in but that doesn’t seem to be warnocks choice at the moment. Only time will tell!

Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:42 pm

piledriver64 wrote:I don't believe he should be first choice right back (Jazz should be for me) but Manga couldn't be faulted on Saturday and was part of the reason why Kenedy had a stinker !!

I agree and believe Manga and Morrison would be best suited at this level as the CB pairing

Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:47 pm

I think Manga looks like a Premier League player whether it be at centre back or right back. He has played well in every game so far Betis, Bournemouth & Newcastle and doesn’t deserve to lose his place. Definitely a step up from the average Championship player.

Thought Richards may have been given a chance but happy with Manga.

Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:54 pm

Bruno was imense Saturday. My motm.

Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:02 pm

Aramore wrote:We're in a similar sort of situation to last time we got promoted where we've ended up starting the season with a centre half at right back. The issue being this time that the window isn't open to us to fix the problem.

We'll get away with it sometimes but other times we're really going to struggle.

I know Paterson's not the best defender in the world but surely we're better off having a natural right back there than a centee half?

You've also got to wonder why it is that Warnock clearly felt we needed a new right back last summer which is why he signed paterson. Now we're a division higher in the same situation he's not done anything about it.

very valid points re Paterson..

Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:05 pm

Manga surprised me on saturday, love the guy but I would not be honest if I said id be happy to see him in that position against the likes of the big six or seven. He would slot in to many premier clubs as a centre half but I also love Bamba as well,so thats a selection problem. So its down to what ive been saying all along horses for courses and I trust Warnock to get that one right.

Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:07 pm

Aramore wrote:I know Paterson's not the best defender in the world but surely we're better off having a natural right back there than a centee half?

having a history of playing at right back does not mean you're a natural right back!

Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:59 pm

Carlossus wrote:Manga surprised me on saturday, love the guy but I would not be honest if I said id be happy to see him in that position against the likes of the big six or seven. He would slot in to many premier clubs as a centre half but I also love Bamba as well,so thats a selection problem. So its down to what ive been saying all along horses for courses and I trust Warnock to get that one right.

I would rather Manga there than Peltier by a country mile. Ideally we could have done with a new RB in the transfer window but the way Manga has performed he is not doing ok.