Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Scary run of games!

Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:07 am

I'm feeling pretty nervous for our September and October, playing against Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Burnley, Spurs, Fulham and Liverpool in such quick succession.

I reckon we will beat Huddersfield next week after the battering they took but after that I am worried we'll come into November with only 6 or 7 points. So far results for Wolves and Fulham have gone our way but who knows how long that will sustain.

Big question is whether we have the goals in us to nick some points. I think defensively we look pretty good, so maybe it's about stealing draws where we can until we can pull in a striker in January.

Re: Scary run of games!

Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:11 am

Scary for the others - yes agreed. THE MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS ARE COMING FOR YOU!!!!!! :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :thumbup:

Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:02 pm

Liles93 wrote:I'm feeling pretty nervous for our September and October, playing against Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Burnley, Spurs, Fulham and Liverpool in such quick succession.

I reckon we will beat Huddersfield next week after the battering they took but after that I am worried we'll come into November with only 6 or 7 points. So far results for Wolves and Fulham have gone our way but who knows how long that will sustain.

Big question is whether we have the goals in us to nick some points. I think defensively we look pretty good, so maybe it's about stealing draws where we can until we can pull in a striker in January.

My advice to you is take one game at a time, yes it looks a little daunting, but I can assure you there will be other teams slipping up and I think we got the minerals to get something along the line from these games.

Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:54 pm

Carlossus wrote:
Liles93 wrote:I'm feeling pretty nervous for our September and October, playing against Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Burnley, Spurs, Fulham and Liverpool in such quick succession.

My advice to you is take one game at a time, yes it looks a little daunting, but I can assure you there will be other teams slipping up and I think we got the minerals to get something along the line from these games.

Measured response, I like it! Ever the optimists we are, if nothing else we can make some noise and have a bit of fun :bluescarf:

Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:55 pm

We will be the underdog in most games we play, don't worry about it, lets just see what happens :occasion5: :occasion5: :bluescarf:

Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:34 pm

We can go into most of these games without any pressure on us. The away games especially, if we keep it 0-0 for a long period of time or even nick the first goal their fans will be straight on the players backs.

Being the "worst team in the league" has its upsides now and then.

Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:54 pm

Doesn't matter who we play in Sept, all clubs we are competing with also have to play those teams as well? At least get them out way in one month. :laughing6:

Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:29 pm

I think all teams, play each other twice , so just enjoy. 72 teams are wishing, they are where we are.

Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:34 pm

Can't wait!!! :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:51 pm

Scary shmary!!!! , that’s why we got promoted for days like these
Enjoy the ride whilst we are here
just support the team , what will be will be