Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Absolutely not a team I would select, but...

Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:32 pm

Just making a team out of what players we have and who hasn’t had a look in yet too. Interesting what we could come up with though. Just as a heads up, I don’t think I would change much if anyone of the team who drew last game, but it’s fadcinating and exciting to me of the potential team we could make. I.E trying ball playing Center backs in Cunningham & Manga instead of the tried and tested brutes of Mozza and Bamba, again not saying one is better than the other just different ways of playing.
Here’s an example of a potentially possession based team

Etheridge

Richards
Manga
Cunningham
Bennett

Camarasa
Ralls
Arter

Zohore
Reid
Murphy

Might be worth trying something like that in the cup, as apposed to just using fringe players or players we can’t get rid of, plus I don’t think based off what I’ve heard of the club that our youth would benefit much at this stage either. Think cup games could be huge in trying out ideas as apposed to keeping players happy.

Re: Absolutely not a team I would select, but...

Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:51 pm

Savigma wrote:Just making a team out of what players we have and who hasn’t had a look in yet too. Interesting what we could come up with though. Just as a heads up, I don’t think I would change much if anyone of the team who drew last game, but it’s fadcinating and exciting to me of the potential team we could make. I.E trying ball playing Center backs in Cunningham & Manga instead of the tried and tested brutes of Mozza and Bamba, again not saying one is better than the other just different ways of playing.
Here’s an example of a potentially possession based team

Etheridge

Richards
Manga
Cunningham
Bennett

Camarasa
Ralls
Arter

Zohore
Reid
Murphy

Might be worth trying something like that in the cup, as apposed to just using fringe players or players we can’t get rid of, plus I don’t think based off what I’ve heard of the club that our youth would benefit much at this stage either. Think cup games could be huge in trying out ideas as apposed to keeping players happy.

I can see and admire your logic but I just happen to have a different opinion. My one and only criticism of Warnock was during his first season when we played Fulham home in the cup,he is quoted as saying he had a problem getting out of bed for the game. We are a club that has had some amazing runs in cup competitions in recent years,it lifts the club and injects important revenue to the bank balance. I feel he should always put a strong side out.