Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Any TV 4 K buffs on here ?

Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:48 pm

Right bought a 4 k TV and decided to buy a 4 K upscaling DVD player. Now I bought a 4K film but the player says it’s incompatable. Now does these upscalers actually play these 4K films or have I been ripped off ? Trying to get an answer online and it’s confusing the f**k out of this old man. Any help please would be helpful :ayatollah:

Re: Any TV 4 K buffs on here ?

Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:14 pm

As a yank, these setups have become the norm over here but not sure theyre worth the dollars.

To answer your question, upscalers typically play regular dvds which they then upscale to 4K, so it’s almost as good as 4K itself but not quite. Still better than regular had tho. They do not play 4K DVD’s, you need a separate one for that.

Over here, the satellite companies like dish have their own 4K channels - pretty cool. They show the big games like the cavs vs warriors and the world cup etc.

Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:31 pm

Upscalers only enhance normal dvd picture to look better on a 4k tv! 4k DVD like blue ray DVD only work properly on machine specifically made for that system more often than not it will say incompatible.

Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:22 am

Upscaler is not really 4k.
Read reviews of 4k dvd before purchasing another , lots have problems.

Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:00 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Right bought a 4 k TV and decided to buy a 4 K upscaling DVD player. Now I bought a 4K film but the player says it’s incompatable. Now does these upscalers actually play these 4K films or have I been ripped off ? Trying to get an answer online and it’s confusing the f**k out of this old man. Any help please would be helpful :ayatollah:

All being discontinued now Nukes mun, they're crap. Get rid of it and get out more butt :thumbup: Watch less do more!! :old:

Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:44 pm

Bananas wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Right bought a 4 k TV and decided to buy a 4 K upscaling DVD player. Now I bought a 4K film but the player says it’s incompatable. Now does these upscalers actually play these 4K films or have I been ripped off ? Trying to get an answer online and it’s confusing the f**k out of this old man. Any help please would be helpful :ayatollah:

All being discontinued now Nukes mun, they're crap. Get rid of it and get out more butt :thumbup: Watch less do more!! :old:

What the 4K films on DVD ? They are fazing out 3D films as well.

Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:47 pm

Thanks for the replies Chiefs :thumbup: pissed off these 4K upscalers are a con. Worded so you believe they will be 4K but in truth they are no where near 4K. Robbing bastards

Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:21 pm

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-si ... lationship

Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:40 pm

needed a 4K blu ray player you old git :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:25 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Bananas wrote:

What the 4K films on DVD ? They are fazing out 3D films as well.

Bought 3d tv several years ago but sky decided to get rid 3d channel and sport just after bought it!
now can only watch programme/films on catch up tv, now considering getting 4k uhd one but bet something better will be here soon making it obsolete :banghead:

Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:13 pm

RUSHWALES wrote:https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-size/size-to-distance-relationship

I got the 75” TV Fooking class it is. Brilliant for football

Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:01 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
RUSHWALES wrote:https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-size/size-to-distance-relationship

Short sighted are you? :lol:

Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:28 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bought 50in uhd last night for bedroom would like a bit bigger but won't fit But great picture! looking forward to city game in uhd and did discover whilst picture is great the programme needs to be uhd to get best out of it. Sky do films and premiership games so I'm a happy bunny :occasion5: